Days remaining to deadline: 79
Entry Fee (Entry Fee): $10.00
Images | Minimum:Min. 1, Maximum:Max. 3
Total Samples | Minimum:Min. 1, Maximum:Max. 3
Open to artists in the United States and Canada (including territories).
You are invited to enter the 4th annual Martha’s Vineyard Drawing Prize, a competition established to encourage the pursuit of excellence in drawing. Entries may be created using graphite, charcoal, Conté, silverpoint, pen & ink, or other suitable drawing media including colored pencils and chalk.
The theme for this year's competition is ‘Home’.
How you interpret this theme is entirely up to you. Your drawing could be about:
- The concept of home, or the lack of a home
- Home is where the heart is
- A home that you have known, or a dream of home
- Feelings or sights that evoke a feeling of home
- Home as in shelter, harbor, safety
- The opposite of safety at home, broken homes, danger
- Home for another being
- Leaving a home behind, searching for a home...
We look forward to seeing how you take this theme and make it yours!
This will be an online-only competition, juried by a gallery director, a collector, and an artist (new judges each year).
The deadline for submission is Monday, September 12, 2022.
Each artist may submit up to 3 works. Categories of drawing can include academic, realistic, contemporary, fantasy, historic, etc. Drawings must have been created in the past 2 years.
1st Place $500
2nd Place $400
3rd Place $300
with additional awards and prizes to be announced.
Prizes and awards will be announced Saturday, September 17, 2022.
Finalists’ work displayed on the Martha’s Vineyard Drawing Prize website for a minimum of one year, including biographic information and links to their websites/social media, and will also be displayed on our main Instagram account @mvdrawingprize.
For guidelines, judging criteria, and other FAQ's, please visit the Martha’s Vineyard Drawing Prize website, and follow us on Facebook and Twitter @mvdrawingprize, and on Instagram at @mvdrawingprize and @mvdrawingprize_showcase.
- Entries may be created using graphite, charcoal, Conté, silverpoint, pen & ink, or other suitable drawing media including colored pencils and chalk.
- Each artist may submit up to 3 works for the $10 fee.
- Categories of drawing can include academic, realistic, contemporary, fantasy, historic, etc.
- The theme for this year's competition is 'Home'. (See www.mvdrawingprize.com for more information.) Please submit only work on this theme.
- All work must be original in concept and created by the entrant after January 1, 2020. Drawings created in classes or workshops are not accepted.
- Submitted images of work must represent its true appearance and not be altered digitally.
- This is an online-only competition, so no need to frame or send in your artwork. For that reason, please take your best photos of your artwork.
- Submissions must be entered through CAFÉ by September 12, 2022.
- Artist must be 18 years of age and older.
- Artist must be a resident of the USA or Canada (including territories).
Please note: Because not everyone can be a finalist and yet there is always so much amazing work, we now randomly display ALL the entries on the @mvdrawingprize_showcase Instagram feed after the competition is over, to promote your great art! However, should you not wish to be included, you can let us know after the finalists are announced. We will send a reminder email at that time.