Entry Fee (Entry Fee): $20.00
Images | Minimum:Min. 3, Maximum:Max. 6
Total Samples | Minimum:Min. 3, Maximum:Max. 6
Jury Dates: 8/9/23 - 8/10/23
Budget: $2,000/sculpture; 9 Sculpture Exhibit
The City of Kokomo invites you to participate in our 2023-2025 juried, on-loan, outdoor sculpture exhibit in downtown Kokomo, Indiana. Selected artists must be willing to enter into a 2 year Art Loan Agreement with the Greater Kokomo Economic Development Alliance and will be awarded an honorarium of $2000 per piece. Kokomo Indiana is located in north central Indiana just 45 minutes from Indianapolis with a vibrant and growing arts community. The sculptures will be installed on concrete sculpture platforms or on grassy areas in beautiful downtown Kokomo along the Kokomo Riverwalk and the Industrial Heritage trail. This exhibit will be on display from September 2023 through August 2025.
Deadline for Submissions: August 8, 2023
Jury will make selections and inform artists by: August 10, 2023
· Delivery and Installation: August 12 – August 31, 2023
· Exhibition Schedule: September 2023 - August 2025
· Sculptures to be removed: August 1 – August 15, 2025
Submission Details: Artists may submit up to three sculptures for consideration. Each will be considered separately.
· A bio/resume describing your experience and exhibition history.
· If submitting 1 sculpture, include 3 images of the work.; If submitting 2 or 3 sculptures only include 2 images of each piece.
· Dimensions (HxWxD) for each submission (For a sculpture to sit on a base it must be no larger at its base than the 8’ x 8’ concrete platform. There are options for sculptures to rest on the ground if appropriate and thus, those sculptures may exceed 8’ x8’ at the base.)
· Stated insurance value for each work.
Please register at CaFE.org and complete your profile to sign up for the Kokomo Sculpture Walk Call for Entry. Please read it carefully and if you have any questions please contact: email@example.com. A contract will be sent upon your acceptance.
Eligibility: Artists must own the rights to the artwork, which must be available for the duration of the two-year exhibition period. Only completed artwork will be considered. Artwork must be ready to set on 8’ x 8’ cement pads. The installation method for each sculpture should be welded tabs or similar easy-install method. The exhibit is outdoors and open to the public, and because of this, certain requirements must be met in order for a sculpture to be considered for display. Fragile or dangerous works will not be accepted. Artwork must be constructed of durable materials that will withstand year-round Indiana weather.
Transportation: Selected artists are responsible for transportation of the artwork to and from the installation site. The artwork must be delivered as exhibition-ready. The Greater Kokomo Economic Development Alliance with the City of Kokomo will supervise installation of the work and will insure the artwork for the duration of the exhibit.