Entry Fee (First Image Entry Fee- Rarefied Light 2022): $30.00
Media Fee(Additional Entry Fee- Rarefied Light 2022): $10.00
Images | Minimum:Min. 1, Maximum:Max. 20
Total Samples | Minimum:Min. 1, Maximum:Max. 20
The competition is open to all artists residing in Alaska. All photographically derived works are eligible, either two dimensional prints or three dimensional objects and sculpture incorporating a photographic process. Only original works not previously exhibited or scheduled for exhibition in a statewide juried exhibition in Alaska are eligible for submission. Recent work preferred.
Digital Submissions & Judging
Rarefied Light 2022 judging will be completely done online using the submitted digital entries. Participants will be notified of acceptance into the show in July, after Dan has made the final selections. Final exhibition ready artwork will be collected in October, prior to the opening show at Alaska Pacific University in November.
APC Members: first entry $15, $5 per each additional entry.
Non-Members: first entry $30, $10 each additional entry.
There is no limit to the number of entries that may be submitted.
APC Members who have active memberships or renew using CallForEntry, are eligible to use coupon code: APCMEMBER to receive your discount on submission rates.
NOTE: You must apply the coupon to EACH image submitted for the discount to be applied fully
APC Membership (optional):
$25 for one-year membership
$15 for students or senior citizens (65 and older) use code: MEMBERDISC at submission.
There will be a Best of Show selection with a $300 Award provided by APC. Additionally, the juror will select Honorable Mention Awards of $100.
Final submission - Exhibition-ready artwork
Artwork that is selected from the digital submissions for the final show in Anchorage must be exhibition-ready by a TBD in October 2022.
Exhibition ready requires:
- No watermarks or logos on the printed images
- Two dimensional art should be framed and matted with white or natural white museum board and in a simple, black, white, or silver colored metal or wood frame no wider than 1.5 inches, with an exception for images printed directly on 3D objects. No brown wood frames please. With a goal of a more uniform show, we cannot accept ornately carved or colored frames. No saw-toothed hangers; use framing wire.
- Metal and Canvas prints must be framed for protection
- Plexiglass must be used for framed artwork larger than 20”
- Frame size is limited to 30" on the longest side (due to shipping container constraints)
- 3 Dimensional art work may not be able to travel with the show due to the fragile nature of the pieces and gallery display limitations.
APC reserves the right to exclude submitted artwork that does not meet the above criteria or is ineligible for public display in any specific gallery space.
Rarefied Light 2022 has exhibitions scheduled in Anchorage, Fairbanks, Kenai and Valdez. Selected art is scheduled to be returned to the artist in the summer of 2023, and cannot be withdrawn prior to the end of the tour.
Any pieces with fragile components may not be eligible for traveling with the show.
APC will not be liable for artwork that is damaged during shipping/display. Metal and Canvas works should be packaged in individual sturdy, reusable boxes suitable for shipping. This includes acceptable packing materials to protect the surface of the work. (No packing peanuts or loose fill materials)
Conditions and Sales
Sales will be encouraged. Each venue takes their standard gallery commission. Images may be used by APC for purposes of documentation, promotion, in publicity, APC publications and exhibitions.
All copyrights remain with the photographers.
Applicants will follow the instructions on the callforentry website.
The competition is open to all artists residing in Alaska.