Days remaining to deadline: 63
Entry Fee (Entry Fee & Membership): $65.00
Images | Minimum:Min. 1, Maximum:Max. 2
Total Samples | Minimum:Min. 1, Maximum:Max. 2
Event Dates: 11/1/22 - 1/31/23
- Residents of North America 18 years of age or older
- Must be original work of the entrant, created after Jan. 1, 2021, with no supervised instruction.
- Must be a member of TWSA in good standing whose dues are paid for 2023.
- May not be a copy, likeness or derivative of another person’s artistic creation.
- A Reminder: during these dates, do not show your painting elsewhere, including other online venues.
REQUIREMENTS OF PAINTINGS
• Must be transparent watercolor, applied on a single piece of rag or wood pulp paper that is free of pigment and imbedded materials.
For a complete description of transparency and framing guidelines go to the FAQ tab at the top of the https://watercolors.org page.
Graphite pencil may be used only for planning marks.
The following grounds, treatments, and media are excluded/not eligible:
- Opaque white paint, of any kind, such at titanium white, Chinese white, etc.
- Gesso, matte medium, or any other priming material or exterior surface treatment
- Gouache, acrylics, or water-soluble oils
- Inks, metallic, or iridescent paint or products that leave a metallic, graphite, or reflective sheen. Be aware that some of the Daniel Smith prima tek pigments can possibly contain iridescence, eg.: Kyanite, Bronzite, etc.
- Watercolor crayon, colored pencil, charcoal, pastel, Conte sticks, or Conte Crayons
- Varnish, wax, wax crayon, oil sticks, or oil pastel
- Collage or surface constructions, impasto, embossing
- Watercolor resist, such as Frisket, that is not completely removed from the final painting
- Yupo or similar papers.
- Canvas or canvas paper
- Use of digital images or enhancements printed on the paper
• Must be the original work created by the artist and painted after January 1, 2021.
- Maximum frame size not to exceed 50” on any side.
- Simple, non-decorative style frames are preferred.
- Mats must be white or off-white. Up to a 1/4” colored liner is acceptable.
• Minimum image size (mat opening) is 80 square inches (i.e. 8x10 or 9x9, etc).
• TWSA reserves the right to withdraw any entry it deems inappropriate or objectionable.
• Follow the image upload requirements stated by Cafe www.callforentry.org
- Work previously exhibited in a TWSA Exhibit is not eligible.
- Accepted paintings must match the online entry image.
- Your stated sales price (included on this form) may not be changed.
- The TWSA Screening Committee will examine all delivered paintings for compliance with its Exhibition requirements.
- Paintings not adhering to requirements will not be exhibited and will be returned at the artist’s expense.
- Entry Fees will not be refunded.
- Images of exhibited artwork may be used without charge for advertising and promotion.
Michael Holter, TWSA, NWS, WHS
Michael Holter is a multi-award-winning artist who works in watercolor and oil and whose paintings can be found in private and corporate collections in the US and internationally. Painting most of his life, he brings a fresh perspective having served as an art teacher, creative director, gallery owner and businessman in both fine art and commercial art. Holter is a true American Impressionist and has been featured in Watercolor and Plein Air Magazines. He is well known for his stunning portrait and landscape paintings. Michael stays busy with jurying competitions and facilitating workshops nationally.
Laurie Goldstein-Warren, TWSA, AWS, WHS
Laurie has been experimenting with new techniques in watercolor/acrylic for over 22 years. Her work has been exhibited Internationally and she enjoys traveling and teaching workshops across the United States. Laurie has been featured regularly in Watercolor/ Artist Magazines and the Splash series focusing on her well known cityscapes, portraits and still life paintings. In the Summer of 2021, she curated the newly released book, “Her Voice”, featuring women watercolor master artists. This year (2022), Laurie has been invited to demo and exhibit in England at the International Watercolour Masters Exhibition.
Paying for your Entry:
- PREPAID new and renewing TWSA Members enter coupon code 40offTWSA in Coupon Box. You MUST have prepaid your 2023 dues. You will be charged the $25 entry fee only and can enter 1 or 2 images.
TWSA monitors entries. Improper usage of coupon codes will automatically disqualify your entry.
- UNPAID New and Renewing Members (without leaving this site) enter up to 2 images for $65 (includes the $40 required annual membership fee and $25 image fee). Entering via CaFE will AUTOMATICALLY have you become a new or renewed TWSA member.
- Life Members are FREE. Use code, TWSA4Life for entry.
- Dollar = Sales Price
- Value = If not for sale, it is the value of your painting for museum insurance.
- Paintings not for sale must be designated ‘NFS’
- Upload Work - Acceptable Upload-Ready Files
File Types: JPEG or JPG only
File Dimensions: 1,200 pixels or greater on the longest side
File Size: Under 5 MB
- Please allow time for unforeseen circumstances in your submission, you don’t want to miss the deadline.
- Deadlines in CaFE are at 11:59 PM Mountain Time Zone on the day of the deadline.
TO SUBMIT ONLINE IMAGE(S) - VERY DETAILED - IF YOU SIMPLY UPLOAD YOUR IMAGE IT WILL GUIDE YOU. IF YOU PREFER MORE DETAIL OR HAVE ISSUES, READ BELOW.
- PREPARE YOUR IMAGE FOR UPLOAD
Image must be JPEG or JPG only.
Cropped to show only the artwork…no mat or frame may be visible
Be sure your images are right side up.
Resize to 1,200 pixels or greater on the longest side
HOW TO RESIZE YOUR IMAGE FOR UPLOADING
On a Mac Using Preview:
1. Select the image file you want to resize.
2. Right-click/select Open with Preview
3. Go to Tools, then Adjust Size.
4. Choose Fit Into Custom and resize the image to 1200 pixels or larger on the longest
5. Click OK.
On A PC Computer:
1.Select the image you want to resize.
2. Go to the toolbar and select Edit Pictures.
3. Go to Change Picture Size and click Resize.
4. Choose Custom and resize to 1200 pixels or larger on the longest side.
Applying is a three-stage process.
STEP 1: My Portfolio. Upload images.
STEP 2: Apply To Calls. Search calls and apply.
STEP 3: Checkout. Complete and checkout.
- UPLOAD images to your PORTFOLIO
- Locate the TWSA Exhibition Call For Entry and hit APPLY NOW
- ENTER Information and Images (follow CaFE guidelines and requirements)
- Images: Minimum 1, Maximum 2
- Entry Fees are $25 for up to two images.
- Life Members are FREE. Use code, TWSA4Life for your entry and you will not be charged. You will not see that it is no charge until the final screen during checkout.
Questions or concerns about your entry, please contact our Exhibition Chair at TWSAexhibition@aol.com