Images | Minimum:Min. 1, Maximum:Max. 12
Total Samples | Minimum:Min. 1, Maximum:Max. 12
State: New Mexico
The Greater Albuquerque Housing Partnership (GAHP) is seeking a mural artist currently residing in New Mexico for two (2) mural panels at our affordable housing community, Luminaria Senior Community, near Eubank and Central in Albuquerque. Luminaria Senior Community is a public-private partnership with the New Mexico State Land Office and City of Albuquerque receiving funding through the Housing and Urban Development (HUD) HOME program and a Low-Income Housing Tax Credit allocation. The community will provide 92 affordable one- and two-bedroom rental homes for residents age 55+.
Each panel is 20 feet wide by 6 feet tall surrounded by black and white checkerboard tile on the northside of the 4-story building facing Central. The art shall comply with the Route 66 Action Plan and help to establish a gateway to the East Central area with a Route 66 theme. The panels are at ground level on a new stucco wall and are adjacent to each other but separated by at least 10 feet.
Resources: Route 66 Action plan: https://www.cabq.gov/planning/documents/copy_of_Route66actionplan012713.pdf/view
Property website: https://www.luminariaapts.com/
Compensation and expenses: GAHP will provide a one-time grant of $15,000.00 total to the awarded artist to cover materials, supplies, equipment, labor, transportation, and compensation for the artist’s time for the design and installation of the two (2) murals. The artist will be responsible for transportation to the site, and to store their own materials and transport them to the jobsite. GAHP will submit, pay, and manage any signage permits for the murals. The awarded artist will be provided with (3) payments of $5,000 each; 1st payment after signing a contract for delivery of the two (2) murals, 2nd payment after completion of the approved design sketch, and 3rd payment after completion of both murals.
- Examples of your work, photographs of installed murals (4 points)
- Resume with residence in NM and email address. Artists must be age 16 or older (2 points)
- References from previous installations; 2 minimum (4 points)
- Describe your thoughts or process for the Route 66 theme (4 points)
- Provide your estimated budget for materials, supplies, equipment and other expenses. (2 points)
- Preference points will be given to responses from low-income New Mexico resident artists. To qualify for the preference, you must self-certify you are a current New Mexico resident meeting one of the following: individual annual income of less than $38,700 in 2021, or you live in Public or Indian Housing, or you utilize a housing voucher for your residence. (4 points)
- New Mexico Resident
- At least two previous mural installations
- 16 Years of Age or Older
- Preference given to low-income NM Residents (see application requirements)