Entry Fee (Entry Fee for 2 entries): $27.00
Media Fee(Additional Entries): $5.00
Images | Minimum:Min. 2, Maximum:Max. 9
Total Samples | Minimum:Min. 2, Maximum:Max. 9
Event Dates: 4/30/22 - 5/31/22
The 2nd Annual New Appalachia Exhibition seeks to capture the modern, contemporary, and innovative artistic experiences surrounding the Appalachia region and beyond. This exhibit is their annual Spring showcase, bringing to life the latest and fresh perspectives of emerging talent for an audience of buyers, collectors, and the general public. The show is co-curated by Kyle Houser, the Executive Director of Pittsburgh Center for the Arts & Media.
We are seeking artwork from any medium, including Emerging, Student, Mid-Career, and/or Professional Artists. Work should convey something "new" directionally, and may challenge viewers in their perspectives on the arts. Or, work could be a fresh take on a classic approach or a brand new work with a modern appeal that has yet to be revealed. This Exhibit is all about the latest in contemporary styles and mediums! Sculptural works are also welcomed.
(Please Note that the theme of this show does not exclusively revolve around "Appalachia", Appalachian themes, nor is it exclusively contemporary by strict definition. There are no location restrictions).
About the Co-Curator and Pittsburgh Center For Arts & Media (PCA&M):
Kyle Houser has been involved in fine art and art education for over twenty years including: teaching in public and private schools at the secondary level as well as international and Higher Ed. Along with teaching, his experience includes: arts management, gallery direction and curatorial work as well as curriculum and program development for higher education, public non-profits and residency programs like the School of Art within the Chautauqua Institution in Western New York. Kyle received a B.S. in Studio Arts from Florida State University and an M.F.A. from Indiana University of Pennsylvania.
Currently, Kyle works full time as the Executive Director for Pittsburgh Center for the Arts and Media.
PCA&M advances creative excellence in the arts, including studio, media, and creative writing. To achieve its mission, PCA&M provides equipment and facilities for individual artists, conducts educational programs, and stimulates public awareness and understanding through demonstrations, artist residencies, and exhibitions to cultivate a thriving arts community. Part of PCA&M's outreach is through networking with local galleries, and this collaboration with VCG speaks to their involvement in the greater arts community.
About Vestige Concept Gallery
Founded in early 2021, VCG has sought to provide open artist opportunities through a stylized range of mixed exhibitions, while seeking to advance artist careers through promotions and sales. Located in Pittsburgh's "arts forward" neighborhood of Lawrenceville, Vestige has quickly grown to become a trusted and popular destination for fine arts buyers in showcasing a unique variety of local and national emerging talent.
New Appalachia In-Person Opening Reception will be held Saturday, April 30th, 2022 at 6 PM. The show will culminate with Memorial Day weekend.
- "2nd Annual New Appalachia" is open to any artists over age 18, within the United States and Canada.
- Work should ideally have been created in the last three years, and must be the original artwork, ready to display.
- The specific work must not have been previously displayed in a Vestige Concept Gallery exhibit.
- Work must be for sale. (No "NFS" or deliberate overpricing)
- No Giclees or reproductions of original works will be accepted unless the work itself is a Giclee or digital. (Please note this in the media tag, if applicable).
- Applicants may submit up to nine (9) entries. Two (2) entries are included in the $27 application.
- An additional charge of $5 per entry is charged for any additional submissions over 2.
- APPLICATION DEADLINE is Friday, April 15th, at Midnight (MST)
- Artists will be notified of acceptance by Monday, April 18th
- Shipped works of art must arrive no later than Thursday, April 28th 2022 - PLEASE NOTE the fast turnaround time from acceptance to shipping. Submitted works should be ready to ship, if selected.
CONDITIONS OF ACCEPTANCE
- Artists accepted into the show must reply email confirmation upon acceptance, and later, be willing to provide an artist pic, short bio, and web/social links (if applicable). These items are necessary for the Online version of the show and other promotion. By submitting this information, you provide Vestige Concept Gallery all rights to post the work on their gallery website and within a paper brochure for the event.
- Accepted artwork must be the actual artwork as seen in the submitted images. No substitutions. Vestige Concept Gallery reserves the right to pull any artwork that differs from the images in the accepted submission. Any Giclees will automatically be pulled from the show unless it was initially stated that the work itself is a Giclee.
- Accepted artwork listed for sale must be for the price listed in the submission. No last-minute price changes.
- Vestige Concept Gallery will retain a 30% commission for any artwork sold--please factor this into your pricing.
- Artists are responsible for shipping & optional shipping insurance to and from Vestige Concept Gallery. A prepaid return shipping label must be included. Fedex or UPS only. No cash or checks.
- Shipped work must be sent in reusable, sturdy boxes and marked with your name. No loose peanuts. Artwork framed with glass is the responsibility of the artist and is not recommended. Artwork with glass that arrives in broken condition may be pulled from the event if artist is unable to remedy the issue.
- Late or damaged work will not be exhibited.
- Art damaged in transit is solely the responsibility of the artist and shipper. Artwork may also be hand-delivered, if applicable.
- Wall pieces MUST be securely wired, framed, and properly prepared for display. Painted edges and/or a clean edge gallery wrap (i.e. the gallery edges were masked off prior to painting), are acceptable. Sawtooth is ok for photography and small work only, that weighs less than 5 pounds
- 2D Work must not exceed 30lbs, including frame. 3D work or audio/video must be available to discuss the display with gallery member, if selected, and you will be placed into "waitlist" status and be contacted by the gallery. 3D artists may wish to inquire with the gallery first before submitting.
APR 15 - Application deadline
APR 18 - Acceptance notification
APR 28 - Deadline for shipped or dropped-off work
APR 30 - Opening Reception
MAY -- normal business hours
Memorial Day Weekend - Show closes
JUN 1 - Unsold artwork is packaged and shipped back
Any questions please reach out to: email@example.com
All applications must be received through callforentry.org
Thank you for your interest in applying!
Minimum 2 work samples, Artist Bio and Statement
18+, US and Canada