Entry Fee (Entry Fee): $35.00
Images | Minimum:Min. 0, Maximum:Max. 3
Video | Minimum:Min. 0, Maximum:Max. 3
Total Samples | Minimum:Min. 1, Maximum:Max. 3
Event Dates: 11/9/22 - 1/7/23
This is a juried exhibit for female and female-identifying who currently live in Colorado. We welcome female artists from all backgrounds and are seeking diverse perspectives and art from across our state.
The exhibition is sponsored by the Women’s Caucus for Art Colorado Chapter (WCACO) and will be shown at The Collective Community Arts Center in Lafayette, CO. The Collective is open Tuesdays - Saturdays from 10 am - 5 pm.
Most of us have experienced conflict with people who have different identities or ideologies than our own, and we are experiencing an uncommon time of discord in our world. This show explores the ways that art can represent these conflicts and differences as well as our` commonalities and the ways we heal.
We are looking for art that represents issues that are important to you, including how they impact your personal relationships, your community, and our world.
How can you use your art to find common ground?
Juror Jess Xiao Long is a graduate student in the Art History & Museum Studies program at Case Western Reserve University. She graduated from the Ohio University Honors Tutorial College in 2020, earning a BA in Art History, minors in History, Studio Art, and Business Administration, and a Museum Studies Certificate. Jess studies contemporary art and has experience working for art museums and nonprofits. Her research interests include performativity, feminism, body politics, legacies of colonialism, hybridity, and public art. Jess Xiao Long is passionate about equity in the arts and dedicated to the mission of decolonizing cultural institutions.
Artists do not need to be a member of WCACO to submit their art. If you are interested in membership you can learn more here.
- Art must be original.
- 2-D work must be ready to hang with wire hanging. Hanging works must not exceed 40 lbs.
- 3-D work may not exceed 6 feet in any one direction. Work must be sturdy and stand on its own.
- All applications must be completed online through CaFE; no paper applications will be considered.
- Non-refundable entry fee of $35 for up to 3 pieces.
- Submit only one image or video for each piece.
- Images must represent the work exactly.
- Each image must be JPG, minimum 1,200 pixels, maximum 5 MB. Crop images to exclude framing and background. Include frame size in submission.
- Video files must be in one of these formats: 3GP, WMV, AVI, MOV, ASF, MPG, MP4, M2T, MKV, M2TS; maximum 100 MB
- The Collective is a City of Lafayette public space visited by families. All works must be appropriate for viewing of all ages.
- Artist statement to describe how work fits the theme “Finding Common Ground in an Uncommon World.” Limit to 1000 characters including spaces.
Notification and Delivery of Accepted Work
Artists will be notified if their work has been accepted/not accepted by the week of October 17, 2022.
Details about delivery and shipment and installation requirements will be provided to artists whose works have been juried into the show. Work must be delivered on November 4, 2022.
Sales of Artwork
Artists can choose to have their work for sale or for NFS (Not For Sale). If a piece is sold, the sale will be processed directly with the artist. The Collective does not take a percentage of sales, but artists are responsible for filing their own sales tax.
Artist must be female or female-identifying.
Artist must currently be living in Colorado.