Contact Email: email@example.com
Images | Minimum:Min. 5, Maximum:Max. 10
Total Samples | Minimum:Min. 5, Maximum:Max. 10
The City of Dallas Office of Arts and Culture seeks emerging and established visual artists for its 2022 Pre-Qualified Artist list. Applications are open to artists, artist teams, and collectives working in studio-based media. Selected applicants are eligible for participation in various city led projects, and may be contracted to design, fabricate, and install public art commissioned by the city. Artwork sites include city properties such as libraries, fire stations, recreation centers, parks, sidewalks, and more. For a more complete picture of public art locations, visit https://dallasculture.org/publicartmap/
Artists will be selected based on history of past work, community engagement, and ability to collaborate with the OAC employees and project liaisons. A selection panel will convene to screen all eligible applications, which will then be reviewed by the Dallas Public Art Commission.
For questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Current professional resume
2. Artist Statement (500 word limit)
3. 6 images of previous projects with similar scope
4. Image: title, date, location, materials, dimensions, budget and commissioning entity
5. Letter of interest
6. Three (3) professional references
All professional artists with a demonstrated record of successful completion of artwork at a similar cost and scale are eligible to apply, with the following exceptions:
· Artists currently under contract with the City of Dallas Public Art Program,
· Employees of the City of Dallas and their spouses,
· Members of the Public Art Committee, or
· Any consultants under contract for any phase of the projects.
· Undergraduate students
· Minors (persons under 18 years old)
Dallas based artists are strongly encouraged to apply.