Artists on Fire
Contact Email: email@example.com
Call Type: Exhibitions
Event Dates: 7/22/22 - 8/5/22
Entry Deadline: 6/22/22
Days remaining to deadline: 30
Images - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 3
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 3
- Artists on Fire is presented by a collaboration of Worcester Center for Crafts (WCC) and Juniper Rag magazine, to be held in The Krikorian Gallery. Juniper Rag will curate the show. All artists are invited to submit!
- Submission fee is $75
- Opening night will be July 22, 4pm, during the Hot Night in the City Arts Festival, with 3000 people expected.
- The show will run from 7/22-8/6
• 2 Select artists will get featured in Juniper Rag magazine
• This is a very unique opportunity for artists from all over the country to shine and get your work in front of over 3000 people at once
• Get to know the Worcester Center for Crafts and Juniper Rag visual art and lifestyle magazine. Relationships are pushing our artists forward!
• Sell your work for one flat fee, creating a mad dash and some competition for your work and enabling easy accessibility to new artists for the show and new collectors for your work
• Established and emerging artists are wanted. Emerging artists: hang with the best and elevate your work. Established artists: create excitement over a small work with an introductory piece for new collectors to revel in
• Be a part of the hottest art event in the city of Worcester hosted by the oldest art and craft non-profit in the country and Juniper Rag magazine, who is making a splash in the art community all over the country
OTHER MARKETING BENEFITS include:
Collaborative social media efforts by Juniper Rag and Worcester Center for Crafts
Press releases, local media coverage, photo ops, valuable social media content, a global online audience
Introduction to a new market/demographic
The investment of your submission fee supports the sustainability of Juniper Rag magazine and the Krikorian Gallery, part of the non-profit of Worcester Center for Crafts.
Entry Deadline: June 26, 2022. All artists will be notified of the final decision asap.
Artwork Delivery: By Monday-Thursday 10-5pm, July 11-14.
Show Opening: Saturday, July 22, 2022, doors open 4-9pm, but not before!
Pick-up: Show will run for 2 weeks. Unsold work must be picked up by Aug. 13, 2022. WCC and JR cannot be responsible for any work left at the gallery.
Notifications to all artists will be via e-mailed
All 2D artists, all levels, all ages are invited to submit to Artists on Fire. Presentation to keep in mind: Flat, 16 x 16 x1 art will hang 3 in a column, so make them cohesive.
Submit 3 images of your 16 x 16 x1 in pieces cropped to edge for consideration. Please submit that art that will be in the show.
Please submit a simple bio and statement and your social media handles
Upload an editable pdf (preferable) of all label information. Name, Title of Work, Materials, Size and Price. Save all Word docs as a pdf.
Artwork may be published through other opportunities, social media, online exhibition with WCC and/or JR
Only submit 3 images, they will only be used to view and for web (jpeg or tiff), cropped to the edge of the artwork. NO FRAMES
To save us a tremendous amount of time and give you SEO traction on social media:
YOU MUST Name your files with this convention: First Name, Last Name, Title
Please direct all questions to Candace Casey at Worcester Center for Crafts, 25 Sagamore Road Worcester, MA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Everyone of all ages is welcome to submit entries, the artist is responsible for paying shipping and includes return shipping label. If there is no return shipping label than it becomes the property of WCC.