Entry Fee (Entry fee): $40.00
Entry Fee (Non-member Fee): $55.00
Images | Minimum:Min. 1, Maximum:Max. 3
Total Samples | Minimum:Min. 1, Maximum:Max. 3
CALL FOR ENTRIES
Eighth Annual NorthStar Watermedia National Juried Exhibition
Exhibition Dates: August 28 - November 3, 2022.
Deadline for Entries: Midnight, June 28, 2022.
This year’s Exhibition will be held in the Benedictine Center at St Paul’s Monastery, 2675 Benet Road, St Paul, Minnesota, 55109. The Art Gallery is open daily from 10am to 4pm. Masks and proof of vaccination required.
Juror and Judge
Tara Sweeney is the exhibition juror. Tara, who is an award-winning artist, illustrator and author based in Saint Paul, Minnesota has been creating award-winning work for more than forty years. Her prolific body of work includes watercolor painting, plein air sketching, illustration and creative non-fiction. She is art professor emeritus with Augsburg University, where she taught for 25 years. Tara served as chair of the art department and sat on the committee for exhibition selection at Augsburg's Galleries. She currently teaches watercolor workshops nationally and internationally. Tara is an experienced juror and holds signature membership in the National Watercolor Society, Red River Watercolor Society and Minnesota Watercolor Society.
2022 Exhibition Calendar
NorthStar Watermedia Society will award a minimum of $3,000 in cash plus non-cash prizes for the 2022 National Exhibition. Awards in 2021 totaled over $6800 in a combination of cash, gift certificates, and merchandise.
Entry Fee (non-refundable)
• NorthStar Watermedia Society members: $40 for up to three images.
• Non-members: $55 for up to three images.
• You need not be a NorthStar member to enter the National Exhibition, but you must be a NorthStar member to be eligible for a signature status. It's easy to join NorthStar! The membership form and payment options are online. Simply click this LINK: https://northstarwatermedia.wufoo.com/forms/k5sgzgi1fquuyb/
For Questions about Entry Process
• In this time of uncertainty due to the COVID-19 coronavirus, it remains the intention of NSWS to hold our annual exhibition with our customary on-site jurying for awards, open exhibition hours, and award ceremony/reception.
• Should health advisories occur, we will keep ALL entrants informed of any modification we may need to make. Regardless of the latter, we will, at a minimum, ensure that images of all accepted entries, the juror's written comments as well as a list of all award-winning artists and their paintings will be posted on the NSWS website.
• All artwork displayed in the exhibition will be available for viewing on the NorthStar website throughout the exhibition and beyond.
• All work submitted must be suitable for a family audience.
• Entries limited to paintings in watercolor, acrylic, casein, gouache, water-soluble ink, and egg tempera.
• Acceptable surfaces include paper, yupo, canvas, canvas board, or board.
• Only papers hand painted by the artist may be used for collage.
• No paintings accepted that use pastel, oil pastel, wax crayon, water soluble oil, alcohol inks, computer generated images, or any form of print reproduction.
• Work and source material must be wholly original and not derived from any published images or other artists’ work.
• Entries may not have been exhibited in any previous NorthStar Watermedia Society exhibition.
• Maximum size is 42” in any direction. Maximum depth 3”. This includes the frame.
• There is no minimum size.
• Framing or mounting is required for all paintings, except a gallery-wrap canvas finished on all sides as continuation of the image, or cradled Ampersand.
• Framing shall be neutral and subdued in color. If used with a frame, matting shall be off white. If double matted, liner mat may be colored not exceeding 1/4 inch exposed.
• All paintings must be wired for hanging on the vertical sides of the frame. NO SAWTOOTH HANGERS allowed. Finished work to be suitable for hanging in a fine arts gallery.
• Please protect your painting as you see fit. Be advised that large paintings with glass may be subject to breakage.
• All insurance is the responsibility of the artist.
• No work may be withdrawn before close of exhibition on November 3, 2022.
• NorthStar cannot make special shipping arrangements.
• Accepted painting must be same as entry.
• If an accepted painting is not submitted for the show, the artist will be disqualified from entering any NorthStar National Watermedia Exhibition for three (3) consecutive years.
Open to all artists 18 years or older living in the contiguous United States.