Entry Fee (Entry Fee): $35.00
Media Fee(Additional Entries): $5.00
Images | Minimum:Min. 2, Maximum:Max. 10
Total Samples | Minimum:Min. 2, Maximum:Max. 10
Event Dates: 1/14/23 - 2/25/23
The exhibition will be at Hopkins Center for the Arts, 1111 Mainstreet, Hopkins, MN 55343, www.HopkinsArtsCenter.com. There is a loading area located directly in front of the Hopkins Center for the Arts that is available for in-person drop-off and pick-up. Free parking is also available at the parking ramp at 26 10th Avenue S, located just south of the corner of Mainstreet and 11th Avenue diagonally across from HCA.
Please make any checks payable to the Friends of the Hopkins Center for the Arts and write Arts North 28 and the purpose of the check on the memo line.
Correspondence, shipped artwork, and checks should be sent to
Friends of the Hopkins Center for the Arts
Hopkins, MN 55343
Friends of the Hopkins Center for the Arts is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit, tax exempt organization.
Media Accepted: Acrylic, ceramics, drawing, fiber, glass, mixed media, oil, pastel, print, photograph, sequential art, sculpture, and watercolor/watermedia artworks.
Entry Fees (Application Fees): Two images/entries for $35 and additional images/entries for $5 each may be submitted. A total of up to 10 images may be submitted. A maximum of three artworks may be selected for the exhibition. Most participants use each allowed image to represent a different entry. Please note in the uncommon situation of a participant desiring to enter a single artwork, you will still need to submit two images of the same artwork to complete the process.
- Make sure that your email address is accurate. Later Arts North communications will use this email address.
- Digital images must comply with standard CaFE (CallForEntry.org) specifications.
- Maximum width of wall-hanging work is 60 inches (this dimension runs from one outer edge of the frame to the opposite outer edge of the frame).
- Free-standing sculpture must fit through a standard door space and be light enough such that a manual dolly can handle the work. All hanging work must be properly framed (gallery wrap - no staples showing on the edges is also acceptable) and have a hanging wire. No sawtooth hangers. Drawings, prints, photographs, watercolors, and batik not under glass or plexiglass must be completely fixed to a backing board. Shippers, please note that glass is both heavy and potentially subject to breakage in transit. Plexiglas/acrylic is a good substitute for glass.
- Excessively fragile work will not be accepted.
- Accepted entries must remain on exhibit for the duration of the exhibition if accepted.
- All accepted work must have the name of the artist and the title of the work placed on the back, preferably in the upper left hand corner, or on the bottom of 3D work.
SALES Any accepted work that the artist chooses to list for sale will be sold, as displayed, through the Hopkins Center for the Arts. HCA will collect sales tax and retain a 30% sales commission. NOTE: Sales price includes frame, please price work accordingly.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND DATES
- Exhibition Location and Dates: Hopkins Center for the Arts, 1111 Mainstreet, Hopkins, MN 55343, www.HopkinsArtsCenter.com. Saturday, January 14 – Saturday, February 25, 2023.
- Application Dates: www.CallForEntry.org: Title: Art North International 27 – Friday, September 16 – Sunday, November 13, 2022, at 11:59:59 pm Mountain Time.
- Notification of Jury Results: Artists will be notified on or by Wednesday, December 7, 2022.
Early in-person drop-off: ($25 per artist) is available by appointment beginning Tuesday, December 27 through Tuesday, January 3. Drop-off will be at the Hopkins Center for the Arts, contact Jim Clark at email@example.com to schedule.
Free in-person drop-off of accepted artwork: Friday, January 6, 3 – 7pm and Saturday, January 7, 10am – 2pm, at the Hopkins Center for the Arts, 1111 Mainstreet, Hopkins, MN 55343, www.HopkinsArtsCenter.com.
Fee for shipped artwork (unpacking/repacking fee): ($20 per box). Earliest receipt date is Tuesday, December 27, last receipt date is Thursday, January 5, 2020. SHIPPED PACKAGES MUST ALSO INCLUDE PREPAID RETURN LABEL(S). Artworks should be shipped to:
Hopkins Center for the Arts
Hopkins MN, 55343
Reception: Saturday, January 14, 2023, 6:00 – 8:00 pm, Hopkins Center for the Arts.
In-person return of artwork from the main exhibition: Hopkins Center for the Arts, Sunday, February 26, 3:00 – 7:00 pm
Return of shipped work from the main exhibition: Begins Tuesday, February 28, 2023.
JURY & AWARDS More than $10,000 in awards are available, including Best of Show ($3000), 2 Awards of Excellence ($1000 each), 2 Awards of Merit ($500 each), and First, Second, and Third in media categories. Awards are subject to the discretion of the jurors. All jury decisions are final. Additional Special Awards ($100+ each) will be selected by the sponsors.
Open to all living artists. Entries must be ORIGINAL work completed since January 1, 2020 and may not have been exhibited in previous Arts North exhibitions. Copies, class work, fragile work, or prints reproducing work in other media will not be considered. Work requiring more than normal careful handling is not eligible. The Hopkins Center for the Arts reserves the right to determine acceptability.