Images | Minimum:Min. 2, Maximum:Max. 15
Total Samples | Minimum:Min. 2, Maximum:Max. 15
Budget: 70,000 - $100,000.
The Town of Bennett is a statutory town located in both Adams and Arapahoe Counties in eastern Colorado. The Town was incorporated on September 25, 1929. Bennett is a small but growing town with a robust set of municipal service offerings, good schools, no congestion, clean air and a strong sense of community, where neighbors know neighbors and offer a hand when needed. In 2018, the Board of Trustees outlined a desire for greater arts and cultural access throughout the Town as a way of continuing to develop Bennett into that premier rural
The Town of Bennett is interested in commissioning an artist or artist team to create a site-specific kinetic wind sculpture that will be prominently displayed at the Bennett Town Hall in the town's Civic Center Park. Our Civic Center Park is a core gathering place in our community, serving as the hub for recreation, culture/history and resident services. The sculpture will highlight and celebrate our rural heritage and hopes and vision for our future. The sculpture will inspire a sense of connectedness and community pride. The area where the sculpture will be location is approximately 21x 24 feet. See images included.
For Final Project Scope:
Project Budget: Proposals may range between $70,000 -$100,000 (All Inclusive)
Some important themes for the final project proposal:
- Community history
- Flowers, animals, birds, insects, characters, artistic scenes, trees, and stars
Artist Scope of Work:
The selected artist/s will be responsible for designing, fabricating, transporting, and installing the artwork, including (but not limited to):
- Based on the approved concept proposal, developing final design documents detailing every aspect of the installation and its footing at the site.
- Execution of the final design on schedule and in a manner that conforms to the approved concept proposal.
- Transporting the final piece on-time and providing all documentation and hardware for the installation. Artist/s will manage and coordinate the installation in partnership with the Public Works Director for the Town of Bennett.
- Provide maintenance and conservation instructions for the completed artwork.
- Work cooperatively and maintain effective communication with all parties involved in the project.
- Participate, if available, in the dedication ceremony.
Interested artists will be asked to submit materials online to CaFÉ (callforentry.org)
CaFE is free to use and there is no entry fee for this submission.
You will be asked to respond to the following questions in your online submission:
- Describe your interest in this project and how this commission relates to and/or will build on your body of work. (no more than 1000 words)
- How have you approached sculpture installation projects in the past that are site specific and what are some of your past successes in developing work of this nature? (no more than 1000 words)
- Letter of Intent
- Corresponding image information about each work sample, including: artwork title, a brief description of the artwork (100 words or less), medium, completion date, dimensions, location, and total budget/cost (please use the Price/Value field in CaFE). In the description field, please state the commissioning agency if applicable and your role in the creation of the artwork if other artists or design professionals were involved in its creation.
You will be asked to attach the following files in your online submission:
- A CV/resume with current contact information (no more than 3 pages - PDF)
- Names and contact information for three to five professional references (PDF)
- Up to 10 sample images of previous artwork relevant to this project (JPEG) – Fabricated work and details only. Please do not submit renderings without images of the final fabricated work.
This public art opportunity is open to professional artists residing in the U.S. regardless of race, color, creed, gender, gender variance, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, marital status, political opinion or affiliation, or mental or physical disability, with slight preference given to artists living or working in the state of Colorado.
Submissions will be judged/scored on the following,
- Artistic quality of proposed artwork.
- Appropriateness of proposed artwork to the site and theme of the project.
- Experience with public art installations.
- Permanence, durability, maintainability and use of high-quality materials.
- Absence of hazards to the public.
- Innovation in use of materials and techniques.
- Ability of the artist to create and install the artwork within the established timeframe.
The budget for the artwork is not to exceed $100,000. The Town would like to review proposals that range between $70,000 - $100,000. This budget should include all costs of designing, fabricating, transporting and installing the artwork, including but not limited to all design fees, fabrication, materials and equipment costs, professional fees, travel and lodging during design, fabrication, insurance, overhead, site preparation and installation costs including all contractors and equipment. Lighting will not be included in this project. The artist will be encouraged to attend the dedication ceremony, but will not be required to do so.
- Call for Entry – closes July 8, 2022
- Panel review of qualification and work samples - July, 2022
- Finalist announced - August, 2022
- Final design and contract execution – Fall 2022
- Installation – Spring 2023
Following recommendation of the Selection Committee, the artist or artist team will finalize a contract with the Town of Bennett for final design, fabrication, construction, installation, and oversight of the Artwork.