Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Entry Fee (Entry Fee): $35.00
Images | Minimum:Min. 1, Maximum:Max. 3
Total Samples | Minimum:Min. 1, Maximum:Max. 3
Event Dates: 8/11/23 - 9/30/23
2022 GEORGIA WATERCOLOR JURIED MEMBER EXHIBITION
FOR MEMBERS ONLY. Click here to BECOME A MEMBER.
$2,500 IN CASH AWARDS!
Juror: LYNN PRATT
Georgia Watercolor Society is accepting submissions for its 43rd JURIED Member Exhibition. This exhibition will be held IN PERSON at the Quinlan Visual Arts Center, a 501(c)(3) non-profit located in the historic district of downtown Gainesville, Georgia. Founded in 1946 as the Gainesville Arts Association, the organization has grown into a comprehensive visual arts center offering the community art exhibition and education opportunities as well as a beautiful event venue. The exhibiting gallery is ample and elegant providing every artwork significant space and light to be appreciated by art lovers. Guests are charmed by the natural setting, the sculpture garden with old-growth trees, and the well-appointed indoor and outdoor facilities.
· JULY 6: List of selected artists is published at the GWS Website
· AUGUST 3 to AUGUST 5: Shipped artwork must arrive at Quinlan Visual Arts Center
· AUGUST 6, 10 am - 1 pm: Hand Delivery of artwork at Quinlan Visual Arts Center
· AUGUST 11 – SEPTEMBER 30: Show duration
· OCTOBER 1ST ,10 am - 1 pm: In person pick-up of artwork.
OCTOBER 3rd: Shipped artwork is picked up by UPS/FEDEX.
For a complete description of requirements please click here to read the entire prospectus in the GWS Website
Click here to BECOME A MEMBER.
If your painting is accepted, you will be required to sign a disclaimer form affirming that your work is not a copy or likeness of another’s work and that it is your original work from conception to completion without supervision.
- BE A MEMBER OF GWS
- Allowed water media: watercolor, acrylic, casein, gouache, egg tempera.
- Collage is accepted only if all elements were made using water media and created by the artist.
- Allowed surface: paper, Yupo, canvas, Claybord, rice paper and Tyvek.
- Media NOT allowed: pastels, charcoal, alcohol ink, oil, and water-soluble oil.
- No preprinted or computer-generated images are allowed.
- Work previously exhibited in any GWS show is not eligible.
- Image size displayed within the mat is no smaller than 80 square inches, with no side smaller than 8 inches.
- All work must have been completed after JUNE 20, 2020
- All paintings are to be framed in wood or metal; accepted colors include gold, silver, black, brown, or natural wood tones. Cradled Clayboard is not required to be framed; all other paintings require framing, including canvas.
- Frames are to be plain and unadorned and must not exceed 3” in width. They must be ready for hanging with wire in place.
- Plexiglass must be used – NO GLASS.
- Work may be varnished or waxed before framing (These paintings do not require plexiglass).
- Maximum frame size may not exceed 48” in either direction.
- Image size displayed within the mat is no smaller than 80 square inches, with so side smaller than 8 inches.
- Mats and liners, if any, must be white or variations of white (e.g., cream or off-white).
- Matts should have one single opening.
- Improperly framed pieces or those unsuitable for hanging will be returned.
Click here for Framing Requirements
Packaging & Delivery/Shipping
- SHIP ONLY VIA UPS OR FEDEX TO:
QUINLAN VISUAL ARTS CENTER
514 Green Street NE, Gainesville GA 30501
- To avoid handling fee you must use Airfloat, Masterpack or comparable foam lined boxes. You can call Airfloat at 800-445-2580 and ask for GWS member discount (Code: GWS).
- Attach a photo of the painting inside the box so that it is visible when repacking. This will help ensure that the correct painting is returned to you.
- Wood or metal crates will not be accepted.
- Packages sent with popcorn or packing peanuts will be returned.
- Paintings must be shipped to arrive at the center between August 3 – August 5, 2022.
- A prepaid return shipping label must be enclosed.
- HANDLING FEE IS ONLY CHARGED IF YOU DON’T USE AIRFLOAT OR MASTERPACK BOXES. IF YOU CHOOSE TO USE A DIFFERENT BOX THAN AIRFLOAT OR MASTERPACK PLEASE INCLUDE A CHECK OF $25.00 MADE TO GWS INSIDE YOUR BOX. Improper packaging may result in damaged, returned or unopened shipments.
Questions? Click here for frequently asked questions GWS FAQ’s
- All work must be original from conception to completion. Submitted artwork may not be a copy, likeness, or direct derivative of another person's creative work including paintings, drawings, photography, digital images, or prints. Work done in a workshop or under classroom supervision is not permitted.
- All work must have been completed after JUNE 20, 2020.