Entry Fee (Village Theatre Art Gallery): $10.00
Images | Minimum:Min. 1, Maximum:Max. 3
Total Samples | Minimum:Min. 1, Maximum:Max. 3
Tri-Valley Municipalities are seeking artists to come up with original and unique designs for the BORDERS of wood frames which have a 4 foot by 3 foot opening and a 5 inch border all around. *We want to see a design on the 5 inch border that frames the scene and/or the people standing in the frame. These frames will be placed outside in parks and downtown areas and people will be encouraged to stand in them and have their photos taken. Entries MUST use the printable outline of a frame under SITE DETAILS to submit original designs.
Please use this blank frame coloring sheet to sketch, draw, paint your design and upload it here as a jpeg.
These frames will be erected to be 6 feet tall and stand in picturesque locations throughout the Tri-Valley Area, where visitors and residents are invited to pose to take selfies and interact with the original frames. The Art Frames will be on view at the respective Cities’ and Town’s Art Centers and Libraries, Community Centers and Parks. Artists who wish to participate will submit colored sketches of their designs for what they envision for the Frame (limit, three designs per person and/or “art team”). Artists are encouraged to think of themes that represent the Tri-Valley and activities that take place in the Tri-Valley and what the area has to offer when considering themes for design. Artists are free to illustrate any concept they would like to but should consider that their design needs to be a clear representation of what the final project will look like, and it should be appropriate for public display.
Frames will be on view from July 16-September 30, 2022.
Selection & Approval Process
1) Selection: The Picture This! Selection Committee will review all submission packages for inclusion
2) Notification: All artists will be informed as to whether their design was selected or not by the committee by June 10, 2022.
3) Supplies: The Municipalities will provide the frame and the graffiti varnish, but artists are asked to supply their own paint and brushes. The painting of the frames will take place at the artist’s studio. Artist must be able to transport the frame and beams which are 4 feet by 6 feet.
4) Stipend: Artists will receive a stipend of $300.00 for their work on frame.
Please submit the following by May 27, 2022
Please download a blank template for the frame and use this for your design entry. Design should carry out from front to back as the frame will be viewed from all sides. (for entry purposes, only submit one-sided design and it will be assumed the design will carry through to the back). Up to three designs per Artists or Artist Group.
Timeline: *All dates subject to change
• May 12 Call To Artists Opens
• May 27 at 5:00 P.M. designs due on Café
• June 10 Artists notified if their design has been selected
• June 13-17 Artists to pick up frames from their assigned city.
• July 8 finished frames due back to assigned city.
• July 16 Frames will be placed outside for all to play and enjoy through Labor Day
If artists are selected for the project, they will be notified as to which city/site their frame will be on view upon selection. At that time, the municipality will also send Artist an Artist Contract to sign for the respective City/Town where their artwork will be on display. Compensation for their work will be coming from this same City/Town and artist will be notified of contact person and where to submit invoice and W9 upon completion of project.
Upload up to three images of unique design concepts. Please indicate which of the Tri-Valley cities you prefer your work to be placed in. (Danville, Dublin, Livermore, Pleasanton and San Ramon).
This is an open call to artists who reside in one of the nine Bay Area Counties.
Open to artists aged 18 and up. We encourage applications from members of historically marginalized or underrepresented communities to apply.