Entry Fee (Entry Fee): $25.00
Images | Minimum:Min. 3, Maximum:Max. 4
Total Samples | Minimum:Min. 3, Maximum:Max. 4
State: New Mexico
ArtsThrive Art Exhibition & Benefit 2023
ArtsThrive is the only juried exhibition at the Albuquerque Museum and the largest fundraiser of the year for the Foundation.
All artists who get accepted into the ArtsThrive exhibition will have their artwork displayed in one of the Albuquerque Museum’s galleries March 4 – April 16, 2023. All of the artwork will be for sale to the public for the duration of this 6-week long show, with 60% of art sales going back to the artist.
This is a small format show (details below), and we typically accept over 100 artists each year.
March 4, 2023 through April 16, 2023
2000 Mountain Rd NW
Albuquerque, NM 87104
INVITED ARTISTS RULES OF ENTRY:
· 2-D/WALL-HUNG ART: Artworks that are hung are limited to three (3) works. Each work cannot exceed a framed/unframed size of 18 x 18 inches (324 square inches height x width) or any proportion of height and width added together equaling 36 inches total. Framing should be similar on all pieces to be displayed
· 3-D/CASE-DISPLAYED ART: 3-D artwork that is displayed in a case are limited to two (2) works. Each piece cannot exceed 20 inches in any one dimension (height, width or length). Jewelry artists may submit a jewelry set of three (3) total pieces to be displayed, as a set, in a jewelry display case. This will only be applicable for SETS OF JEWELRY (i.e. one (1) necklace, one (1) bracelet, and one (1) pair of earrings), otherwise, the 3-D case art rules will apply.
SALE OF WORK:
All artwork is for sale to the public during the 6-week exhibition from March 4 – April 16, 2023. The sale price is set by the Artist. The Albuquerque Museum Foundation will retain 40% of the Artist’s price on all artworks sold. The remaining 60% will be paid to the Artist.
During the Opening Weekend Collectors’ Dinner and Saturday Gala on Thursday, March 2 & Saturday, March 4, ticket holders have an exclusive opportunity to purchase artworks before the exhibition opens to the public. Beginning March 5, art sales will open to the public through an online ArtsThrive sales platform.
While the primary goal for the ArtsThrive Art Exhibition and Benefit is to raise funds for the Albuquerque Museum, the secondary goal is to showcase participants and their art in a desirable, highly public platform providing the opportunity to sell their art at a world-class museum.
An important step for any artist is pricing their artwork because it reflects how the creator values it, as well as how art buyers and collectors perceive it. Upon reviewing ArtsThrive Art Exhibition sales from the past eight years, we saw that 83 percent of individual works sold were priced at $1,300 or less. With this data, the Foundation seeks to be more mindful of what price points work for the target audience. By adopting a sales strategy where nearly all (80-90%) of the accepted artworks fall into a $1,300 or less price point gives the Foundation, as well as the artists, the greatest chance at success. We would never ask an artist to place less value on their art when they feel it is worth more. However, the focus is fundraising for the Museum, and it is our hope that by following this model, we can maximize sales for the artists and funds to benefit the Museum.
Any work that does sell during the duration of the exhibition may be replaced. We allow this to make sure we can maximize potential sales. A more detailed explanation will be provided to all accepted artists.
ONLINE ART SALES:
Any remaining artwork not sold during the Opening Weekend events of ArtsThrive will be available to purchase through an online shopping platform. It will be required that the Artist provide high-quality images of their artwork no later than February 6th, 2023, which is approximately 2 weeks prior to the delivery of their artwork to the ArtsThrive gallery.
The artwork images for Online Art Sales must be a professional, in-focus representation “for publication” image provided as a .JPEG no less than 72dpi to ensure the best representation of the art online. The Foundation reserves the right to reject any images that do not meet these requirements. Artists who do not provide images risk the opportunity of online art sales as there is no guarantee their work will be displayed online unless this deadline has been met. Artwork images may also be used on various social media platforms to promote sales and the exhibition. All artwork will also be available for purchase through the Albuquerque Museum Store for the duration of the exhibition.
Artwork must be delivered or shipped ready-to-install and dry to the touch. Wall pieces need not be framed but must be equipped with D-rings (or similar) hanging devices. Wires are optional. The Albuquerque Museum Foundation and/or the Albuquerque Museum reserve the right to modify hanging devices if necessary. Artwork that has arrived at the Museum but is not in satisfactory display condition or does not meet the size limitations may be excluded from the ArtsThrive exhibition and returned to the Artist.
Artwork that is shipped to the museum must be shipped in a reusable crate or sturdy commercial shipping container. Please do not use Styrofoam peanuts as packing material. Unsold artwork will be repacked and returned to the Artist in the same shipping container as received, making the need for a durable container paramount. Damages to artwork, whether in transit or on the Museum premises and regardless of responsibility, will be reported to the Artist within two business days by the Foundation. Damaged artwork will not be displayed. Damaged shipping containers or materials will not be reused.
30 days after the exhibition closes, all artwork unclaimed by the Artist will be considered abandoned and will no longer be the responsibility of the Albuquerque Museum Foundation or the Albuquerque Museum. All shipping costs are the responsibility of the Artist.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS, DEADLINES, AND FEES:
Artists may apply through SUNDAY, AUGUST 7, 2022 - $25.00 application fee
The non-refundable fee for applications is payable online by credit card. No applications will be accepted after August 7, 2022 11:59 pm MST.
JURY RESULTS WILL BE SENT OUT VIA EMAIL BY CaFE DURING November – December 2022. Please apply with an email that is active and in-use. Invited Artists will be required to submit their entries subject to the requirements described below. Please read carefully.
THIS IS A REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS. REQUIRED ITEMS:
- A minimum of three (3) and a maximum of four (4) images that represent one of the following categories):
o REPRESENTATIVE PAINTING
o ABSTRACT PAINTING
o SCULPTURE & 3D OBJECTS
o PRINTS (NO OFF-SET OR GICLEE)
Artists MAY apply under a MAXIMUM of TWO (2) categories. If applying in two (2) different categories, please apply using two separate applications ONLY.
- The ArtsThrive: Art Exhibition and Benefit is open to US citizens living in the United States.
- Applicant must be 18 years of age or older to enter.
- Please note: the artwork submitted for your application does not need to be the artwork you intend on submitting for the exhibit, if accepted.
- The images you submit should be representative of a current body of work, created in the past THREE (3) years, and in the style of work that you wish to submit for exhibition if you are accepted into the show. If submitting work in your application made prior to 2019, the application may be rejected.
- Images MUST be complete with title, price, medium, and size (framed/unframed).
- Please provide an Artist Statement.