Entry Fee (Entry Fee): $30.00
Images | Minimum:Min. 4, Maximum:Max. 6
Total Samples | Minimum:Min. 4, Maximum:Max. 6
Event Dates: 12/1/22 - 12/24/22
Jury Dates: 10/3/22 - 10/7/22
Our much anticipated Annual Cup Show is back! No matter the beverage, it deserves a good cup and we can’t wait to see your best ceramic mugs, cups, tumblers and more. Nationally recognized ceramic artist, Kelly Justice, has invited 25 artists and will be jurying the remainder of the participating artists. This exhibition will be on view and for sale in The Krikorian Gallery at the Worcester Center for Crafts as well as listed in our online store at wccgallerystore.com. There will be a $150 juror’s choice award, $100 student award and a $50 BIPOC artist award. Awards will be announced at the start of the exhibition.
- Size: no larger than 10” tall and 6” wide (around standard cup sizes please!)
- Open to ceramics of varying type, but must be functional
- All work must be available for sale with no single piece exceeding $150 in retail price
- Open to any artists living or working in the United States, ages 18 and over
- All accepted and delivered pieces must be accompanied by a signed consignment contract and a prepaid RETURN SHIPPING LABEL
- You may submit 4 – 10 high quality images of 4 – 6 pieces, include any necessary descriptions of work (pieces are being juried individually)
- $30 fee paid by credit card
- $15 fee available to currently enrolled students and self-identifying BIPOC artists, email email@example.com to receive discount code
Call Open: June 1 - September 30, 2022
Results Announced: October 7, 2022
Hand-Deliver: October 11st – 20th, 2022 (during gallery store hours)
Shipped Work Delivery Deadline: October 20th, 2022
Exhibition Dates: December 1st 2022- December 24, 2022
Unsold work will be shipped for return starting: January 23rd, 2023
Unsold work pickup: January 23rd – February 3rd, 2023
Delivery Checklist and Details:
- Signed consignment contract and inventory form with pricing information
- Pre-paid return shipping label or signed statement of intent to pick up unsold pieces after the conclusion of the show, beginning January 23, 2023 and no later than February 3rd, 2023.
- All accepted pieces, thoroughly packed and shipped or hand delivered to:
The Worcester Center for Crafts
attn: Gallery Store, Cup Show
25 Sagamore Rd.
Worcester, MA 01605
The gallery reserves the right to exclude the work if the delivered piece is broken upon arrival or does not reflect the quality and style of the piece(s) in application images. IF WORK DOES NOT COME WITH PRE-PAID RETURN SHIPPING LABEL and is not sold by the conclusion of the Show, the Gallery Store reserves the right to absorb ownership of your work. (Refer to contract for more info)
Please direct any questions to Candace Casey at firstname.lastname@example.org or (508)753-183 ext. 306
About the Worcester Center for Crafts and The Gallery Store:
Gallery & Store hours: Tuesday - Saturday 10am-5pm
December: Monday – Friday 10 am – 5pm, Sunday 11 am – 4 pm
The Worcester Center for Crafts is a non-profit community-based arts organization committed to sustaining craft as a vital part of our community. Established in 1856 as the Worcester Employment Society, the Worcester Center for Crafts is an organization that still sees the value of craft in improving the quality of life for Worcester residents. In the early days, the Center forged its tradition of economic empowerment through craft by teaching the skills necessary to create and sell handmade crafts primarily to immigrants and immigrant women.
In its current state, the Craft Center offers classes in a variety of media, holds community events, and houses the Krikorian Gallery with an ever flowing line up of gallery exhibits. The Gallery Store is part of our mission to support artists and craftspeople across the U.S. by representing them and their work and bringing awareness to all that walk through the store. The store contains handmade American craft by over 500 artists.
“The Cup Show” is held in the Krikorian Gallery and all items are entered into our store-inventory under the guidelines of the gallery store consignment contract, the store receives 50% of profits and customers are able to leave with their newly purchased item at the time of sale.