Days remaining to deadline: 10
Entry Fee (Conroe Art League): $15.00
Media Fee(Additional Media Fee per Artwork): $15.00
Images | Minimum:Min. 1, Maximum:Max. 3
Total Samples | Minimum:Min. 1, Maximum:Max. 3
ENTRY DATES AUGUST 28 THROUGH OCTOBER 17, 2022
CAL’s Fall 2022 Judged Show is a virtual show held on the CaFE’ (Call for Entry) website. Artists must upload an image of each artwork to the show. Judging is online. This show is open to artists living in the southeast Texas region who are Conroe Art League members or another LSAG league, or to those artists who are interested in becoming members of one or more of the LSAG art leagues. You do not have to be a member of an LSAG league to enter this show. This is CAL's only qualifying show to compete for the LSAG 2023 Convention.
JUDGE: Linda Dumas, Dumasarts.com
AWARDS: Announced at General Meeting on November 5, 2022.
Cash awards are given to
- Best of Show,
- Best Floral,
- Best Landscape and
- Best Student,
- Amounts to be determined by the number of entries we have for the show.
The following winners are qualified to compete in the Summer 2023 LSAG Convention Show: 1st Place, 2nd Place, 3rd Place, 1st Honorable Mention, Best of Show, Best Landscape, Best Floral, Best Student
And these winners who are Active Adult Regular Members of CAL are invited to hang in the CAL gallery in December, 2022 - no hanging fee & one docent shift per artwork.
Artists over the age of 18: $15 per entry
School Students up to age 18: Free with coupon(s) used at checkout. You will not see the place to enter the coupon code until you get to the payment page. This page will take up to 2 coupons, (system limitation). If you have more entries, you must set up another profile in order to avoid the $15 fee.
- First artwork entry coupon code is STUFIRST
- Second artwork entry coupon code is STU2ND
- Student artists (18 & under) may use both coupons multiple times. Refunds are not given for students who pay the fee without using the coupons.
Entries will be Declined for Artists using coupon codes if they are not qualified.
CAL members, please verify Artist’s Division on your CAL profile, https://conroeartleague.com/Sys/Profile is the same as your LSAG Artist’s Division on http://lsag.wspub.com. The CaFE system does not have an edit feature to validate Artist's Division.
ARTIST’S DIVISIONS: Artist’s division is based on your life experience with creating art. An artist must designate only one division and may move to a higher division up to Professional.
- I-Professional Division: Artist’s choice for this designation (Professional artists making a living selling their art need to register as professionals. Artists promoting themselves as professional elsewhere or on their website, need to compete in the professional division.)
- II-Semi-Professional Division: Artist’s choice to move up
- III-Non-Professional Division: Artist’s choice to move up
- IV-Adult Student Division: Adult (over 18) who has created artwork for less than three years either through self-study or under the direction of an art teacher. After 2 years of College Art (4 art courses) or 3 years as a self taught Adult Student, any LSAG member must enter the Non-Professional Division or higher.
Note: In the LSAG database the Artist’s Division in a REQUIRED field. If you do not designate your Artist Division, you will be initially set up as a Division IV as a default. It is your responsibility to correct your Artist’s Division in LSAG.
- VES-Elementary School Student Division: Any Elementary school student. Homeschool students should register under the grade level the student would be in based upon their age equivalent, not skill level. School students will be subdivided according to grade level. Kindergarten through 5th grade are Elementary.
- VMS-Middle School Student Division: Any Middle school student. Homeschool students should register under the grade level the student would be in based upon their age equivalent, not skill level. School students will be subdivided according to grade level: Grades 6-8 are Middle School.
- VHS-High School Student Division: Any High School student. Homeschool students should register under the grade level the student would be in based upon their age equivalent, not skill level. School students will be subdivided according to grade level. Grades 9-12 are High School.
An artist may designate only one division but may enter artwork in multiple categories within that division for different pieces of artwork. Maximum 3 pieces per artist per category with an overall maximum 20 pieces of artwork per artist may be entered in this show. Each artist decides the Category in which to place their work. The show chair reserves the right to disqualify any artwork not entered in the appropriate Category.
- Category A: Oil/Acrylic Painting – oil paintings and acrylic paintings painted like an oil painting
- Category B: Watercolor/Acrylic Painting – watercolor and acrylic paintings applied with water giving the appearance of a watercolor painting
- Category C: Pastels – pastels including pastels applied over a watercolor underpainting
- Category D: Drawing – drawing of any kind & including Sumi-e and oriental brush painting
- Category E: Mixed Media – artwork displaying two or more types of media, including but not limited to collage, encaustic painting and other mixed media
- Category F: Photography – digital or film photography MINIMALLY manipulated or adjusted
- Category G: Digital Art – all forms of digital art including but not limited to photography that has been SIGNIFICANTLY manipulated or altered using technology. If something starts with a photograph & is then altered with paint, pen, or anything OTHER THAN a computer, then it is NOT considered digital art. You may wish to consider Mixed Media (E) if two or more mediums are used.
- Category H: Abstract/ Experimental/Non-Objective Art – in any medium
- Category I: Sculpture – 3-D forms in various media including sculptures in relief.
- Category J: Studio Fine Crafts – original fine crafts created in a studio environment including glass blowing, stained glass, printmaking, porcelain / ceramics, woodwork, jewelry, mosaic, weaving, fiber art, metal work, and other finely crafted items
We look forward to seeing your artwork.
If you have any questions about the show on CaFE', please contact ShowsandExhibits@ConroeArtLeague.com.
Each artwork from an artist must be in the same division (I, II, III, IV, V). An artist's artworks may be in different categories.
You may enter up to three images from each category with an overall maximum of 20 artworks.
The fee is $15.00 for each image submitted for individuals over 18, and free (with coupon) for school students 18 and under. Please go to
This show is open to artists living in the southeast Texas region who are Conroe Art League members or another LSAG league, or to those artists who are interested in becoming members of one or more of the LSAG art leagues. You do not have to be a member of an LSAG league to enter this show.
All artwork is to comply with Lone Star Art Guild (LSAG) show rules, which can be found at the link below:
http://www.lonestarartguild.org/, click on Shows, then Click Enter.
Artwork must be original and may not have been painted on by any other person and must have been completed on or after March, 2020.
Artist must comply with size requirements and community standards (per LSAG rules).
3-D Art Requirements - maximum size is 30 inches wide by 30 inches deep by 48 inches high. Maximum weight 40 pounds. Must fit on CAL's table by the windows or one of the CAL pedestals.
2-D Art may not be more than 48” wide or exceed 30 pounds in weight.
If you are a member of CAL (Conroe Art League), or any other LSAG league, then you are automatically a member of LSAG.
Nonmembers are encouraged to join CAL. Please click here to join: https://conroeartleague.com/Members/Join
You may enter our show as a non-member and join at a later date.
Best of Show winner will be given a free 1-year membership to CAL.
For each artwork, the width, height, and depth must be entered correctly. Include the frame size in your measurements. Round up to whole inches.
Once you submit artwork, certain changes can be made if you notify firstname.lastname@example.org, and ask that your status be changed to Incomplete. Then you can make certain corrections and submit it again. No substitutions of artwork can be made. You can't change the name of the artwork.
Refunds are not given.