Days remaining to deadline: 13
Images | Minimum:Min. 3, Maximum:Max. 5
Total Samples | Minimum:Min. 3, Maximum:Max. 5
Roswell Arts Fund and the City of Roswell, Georgia invite artists and teams to submit portfolios for consideration for an exciting painted utility box project.
Kicking off on September 24th, 2022, 10 utility boxes located throughout the city of Roswell will be painted with beautiful images that speak to the spirit and nature of Roswell to be completed by early October. While specific themes will be coming soon, we invite those interested and experienced to submit their portfolios (up to 5 images) for consideration!
The public art of Roswell showcases diverse and varied works, bringing joy, and improving quality of life to Roswell’s public spaces.
This invitation is extended to all qualified artists with no entry fee. Roswell Arts Fund seeks to have a diverse and inclusive selection pool that represents the diversity and vibrancy of the Roswell communities.
Artists will receive a $2,000 stipend for the execution of their work paid in two stipends (70% upon execution of the contract and 30% upon successful completion of the work). This includes the submittal of sketches once location and theme are final, priming and prepping the box, and providing color key information once completed.
We are seeking sponsors to assist with priming/prepping the boxes, but please plan to prime and prep the box.
Painted Utility Boxes (PUB) is a collaboration between the Roswell Arts Fund and the City of Roswell. The utility boxes are owned and maintained by the City of Roswell.
About Roswell: Modern Spirit. Southern Soul.
Roswell’s vision - A premier riverside community, connecting strong neighborhoods and the entrepreneurial spirit.
A getaway outside of city limits, Roswell is a welcoming town of southern charm. This community is surrounded by nature and steeped in history. Roswell is home to a wealth of artists, performance venues, nonprofit organizations, galleries, and historic homes. In addition, Roswell has become a robust dining destination, and enjoys a unique proximity to the Chattahoochee River with 22 parks and more than 1000 acres of active and passive parkland facilities. Visit http://www.visitroswellga.com/ for more information.
1. Artist/Team Info: full name, address, email & phone number, including any professional websites.
2. Artist Statement: A description of your work and how you approach painting. 500 words max.
3. Artwork & Details
• Each artist may submit a maximum of FIVE (5) artworks for consideration. If submitting online, please submit via callforentry.org.
• Image List that corresponds to each image included. Include details of each artwork, at minimum:
- Material types used in fabrication
- Dimensions (HxWxD)
4. Résumé/CV (two-page maximum): PDF or .DOCX format preferred.
5. Artists are required to complete a demographic survey to be considered.
This information is collected anonymously and helps us report to our grantors as well as develop future programs to serve the Roswell communities.
If applying as artist team, please designate one team member as the primary contact and provide complete contact information for that person.
- This call is open to all artists and artist teams with experience painting. Applicants may be under 18 if a parent or legal guardian will execute contract on their behalf. For non-local or regional artists that apply, there is no travel compensation.
- Artists are not required to have public art or mural experience, but it is highly encouraged as all painting is on-site, outdoors, and accessible to the public.
- All artwork created must be appropriate for all ages.
- Artists/teams will be selected based upon their quality of work and experience.