Images | Minimum:Min. 4, Maximum:Max. 8
Video | Minimum:Min. 0, Maximum:Max. 2
Total Samples | Minimum:Min. 4, Maximum:Max. 10
(2) Two, three-dimensional (3D), free-standing, sculptural bicycle rack(s) to be installed adjacent to main entrances of the Jacksonville Jaguars’ new sports performance center with a focus on specified medium; steel (Reference Full Call to Artist HERE, pages 4-5. View size, page 13).
ARTISTIC SERVICES (The following activities will be required):
- Proposal Development
- Final Design Presentation (where applicable, pre-existing sculpture omitted)
- Coordination with JAGS/CCGJ Project Management Team
- Fabrication, Delivery and Installation
- Photographic Documentation
SITE LOCATION DESCRIPTION:
Outdoor sculptural bicycle racks will be located adjacent to the main entrance(s). Photographs available upon request, site under construction.
ANTICIPATED PROJECT SCHEDULE:
- Call to Artists Execution & Opening Date: September 8, 2022
- Call to Artists Application Deadline: October 28, 2022, 11:59PM MST
- Client Review & Voting on Top Three Selections: November 4-18, 2022
- Commissioned Artist Notification: November 21-23, 2022
- Contract Execution: November 21-30, 2022
- Artist Visits for Community Engagement/Site Visits NOT MANDATORY, provided as needed and will also be offered virtually on an as needed basis for selected artists
- Initial Concept Design: PROPOSAL INCLUDED IN APPLICATION DUE
- Final Design: January 4, 2023
- Site Prep & Install: June 1 - June 10, 2023
- Grand Opening Dedication Ceremony for all artwork: TBD – Slated for Summer 2023.
$4,000 each or $8,000 total, total quantity 2
The budget includes all costs to the artist: i.e., artwork proposals, artwork fabrication, artwork shipping/delivery, insurance, travel, and any applicable sales tax. Client will provide site preparation and assist with installation as part of construction process.
The information and documentation below must be submitted through CaFE by 11:59 MST on October 28, 2022.
- Artist Statement: Upload an artist statement with the following (copy and paste is acceptable.)
- If needed, I am/We are available to visit the site in person for potential client engagement during the period of November 30, 2022 – January 4, 2023, in order to complete the design as per the project schedule.
- I am/We are over 21 years old, not a student in a formal degree program and have been creating and installing public art for more than three years.
- I /We have or will acquire the required coverages for additional insured certificates for general commercial liability for the contract period if required.
- Resume: A current and professional resume, emphasizing public art experience and public commissions (if any). On key public art projects, please note engaged corporate entities or government agencies.
- Images: The artist(s) will upload a minimum of 2 completed projects in 8 images and up to 2 videos. The videos are limited to 120 seconds each.
- File names: Statement, resume and images should start with Last Name-First Name-statement, Last Name-First Name-resume, Last Name-First Name-image1, Last Name-First Name-image2, etc.
- COLORIZED SKETCH OR COMPUTER RENDERING OF SUBMITTED CONCEPT DESIGN SHOWN FROM THE FRONT, BACK AND SIDE – OR – HIGH RESOLUTION IMAGES OF PRE-EXISTING WORKS DEPICTING SAME. DIMENSIONS MUST BE INCLUDED.
- NARRATIVE DESCRIBING ARTWORK SYMBOLISM, INTENTION, AND TECHNICAL DETAIL
- Artwork submitted must be a bicycle rack sculpture appropriate for permanent exterior exhibit and pass hurricane rating, once adhered into ground.
The project is open to artists over 21-years-old, who are not students in a formal degree program and who have been practicing artists for more than three (3) years. Artist is defined broadly to include the traditional arts and the design arts.