Images | Minimum:Min. 4, Maximum:Max. 8
Video | Minimum:Min. 0, Maximum:Max. 2
Total Samples | Minimum:Min. 4, Maximum:Max. 10
(1) One, three-dimensional (3D), free-standing, sculpture to be installed adjacent to main entrances of the Jacksonville Jaguars’ new sports performance center. Can include a light feature. Size 15’-20’h X 5’-7’w X 5’-7’d with a weight of no more than 1,000 lbs.
Materials: Metal, stone, glass, and/or other alternative or repurposed materials. Must withstand hurricane wind gusts of 145 mph.
ARTIST SERVICES (The following activities will be required):
- Proposal Development
- Final Design Presentation (where applicable, pre-existing sculpture omitted)
- Coordination with JAGS/CCGJ Project Management Team
- Engineering, Permitting, Fabrication, Delivery, Installation, and Storage (if applicable)
- Lighting Consultation as Needed
- Photographic Documentation
SITE LOCATION DESCRIPTION:
Outdoor sculpture will be located adjacent to the main entrance(s). Photographs available upon request, site under construction.
ANTICIPATED ART PROJECT SCHEDULE:
- Call to Artist Execution & Opening Date: September 8, 2022
- Call to Artist Application Deadline: October 28, 2022, 11:59PM MST
- Client Review & Voting on Top Three Selections: November 4-18, 2022
- Commissioned Artist Notification: November 21-23, 2022
- Contract Execution: November 21-30, 2022
- Artist Visits for Community Engagement/Site Visits NOT MANDATORY, provided as needed and will also be offered virtually on an as needed basis for selected artists
- Initial Concept Design: PROPOSAL INCLUDED IN APPLICATION DUE
- Final Design: January 4, 2023
- Site Prep & Install: June 1 - June 10, 2023
- Grand Opening Dedication Ceremony for all artwork: TBD – Slated for Summer 2023
PROJECT BUDGET: $130,000
The budget includes all costs to the artist: i.e., artwork proposals, artwork engineering, permitting, and fabrication, artwork shipping, delivery, and storage (if applicable), insurance, travel, lighting (if applicable), any applicable sales tax, and installation. Pre-fabricated concrete base with footer and electricity (if applicable) to the site of the sculpture provided by the client. See page 8 for footer design, which does not currently include a provision for lighting.
The information and documentation below must be submitted through CaFE by 11:59 MST on October 28, 2022.
- Artist Statement: Upload an artist statement with the following (copy and paste is acceptable.)
- If needed, I am/We are available to visit the site in person for potential client engagement during the period of November 30, 2022 – January 4, 2023, in order to complete the design as per the project schedule.
- I am/We are over 21 years old, not a student in a formal degree program and have been creating and installing public art for more than seven (7) years.
- I /We have or will acquire the required coverages for additional insured certificates for general commercial liability for the contract period if required.
- Resume: A current and professional resume, emphasizing public art experience and public commissions (if any). On key public art projects, please note engaged corporate entities or government agencies.
- Images: The artist(s) will upload a minimum of 2 completed projects in 8 images and up to 2 videos. The videos are limited to 120 seconds each.
- File names: Statement, resume and images should start with Last Name-First Name-statement, Last Name-First Name-resume, Last Name-First Name-image1, Last Name-First Name-image2, etc.
- COLORIZED SKETCH OR COMPUTER RENDERING OF SUBMITTED CONCEPT DESIGN SHOWN FROM THE FRONT, BACK AND SIDE – OR – HIGH RESOLUTION IMAGES OF PRE-EXISTING WORKS DEPICTING SAME. DIMENSIONS MUST BE INCLUDED.
- NARRATIVE DESCRIBING ARTWORK SYMBOLISM, INTENTION, AND TECHNICAL DETAIL
- Artwork submitted must be a sculpture appropriate for permanent exterior exhibit and pass hurricane rating, once adhered into ground.
The project is open to artists over 21-years-old, who are not students in a formal degree program and who have been practicing artists for more than seven (7) years. Artist is defined broadly to include the traditional arts and the design arts.