Images | Minimum:Min. 4, Maximum:Max. 8
Video | Minimum:Min. 0, Maximum:Max. 2
Total Samples | Minimum:Min. 4, Maximum:Max. 10
(1) One, large-format, digital mural designed for print on opaque vinyl and installed upon 1 of 3 mural locations along the South Façade of the Fan Amenity Grandstands. Viewable from the exterior of the building only.
ARTWORK SIZE: Mural Location Size: 12’h X 53’11”w
- Vinyl Framed and installed on Flat Architectural Precast Wall Panels
- Awarded vinyl printing firm to provide their recommended film for the precast surface per experience and expertise.
- Vinyl to be used to not damage surface material and should be able to be removed without leaving any adhesive residue. Final material selection to be approved by Owner.
ARTIST SERVICES (The following activities will be required):
- Complete, Concise RFQ Response
- Proposal Development
- Final Design Presentation
- Coordination with JAGS/CCGJ Project Management Team
- Submission of Print-ready, Digital File in Specifications Required by Vinyl Printer TBD Upon Selection of Vinyl Printer Awarded Firm
ANTICIPATED ART PROJECT SCHEDULE:
- Call to Artist Execution & Opening Date: September 8, 2022
- Call to Artist Application Deadline: October 28, 2022, 11:59PM MST
- Client Review & Voting on Top Three (3) Finalists: November 4-18, 2022
- Finalist Artists Notification: November 21-23, 2022
- Artist Visits for Community Engagement/Site Visits NOT MANDATORY, provided as needed and will also be offered virtually on an as needed basis for selected artists: December 1, 2022 – January 10, 2023
- Finalist Concept Designs Due: January 20, 2023
- Design Review & Awardee Selected: January 23 - 30, 2023
- Final Design Due: March 2, 2023
- Final Art Review: March 6 - 10, 2023
- Contract Execution: March 13 - 17, 2023
- Digital Print-Ready File Due: March 24, 2023
- Site Prep & Install: May 15 - June 16, 2023
- Grand Opening Dedication Ceremony for all artwork: TBD – Slated for Summer 2023
Mural Art Design Honorarium: $5,000
The budget includes all costs to the artist: i.e., artwork proposals, artwork design, artwork electronic submission, and travel.
The information and documentation below must be submitted through CaFE by 11:59 MST on October 28, 2022.
- Artist Statement: Upload an artist statement with the following (copy and paste is acceptable.)
- If needed, I am/We are available to visit the site in person for potential client engagement during the period of December 1, 2022 – January 10, 2023, in order to complete the design as per the project schedule.
- I am/We are over 21 years old, not a student in a formal degree program and have been creating and installing public art for more than three years.
- Current Resume
- Letter of Interest
- Contact info for all artist(s)/design team members
- Artist interest in project and previous experience
- Artist philosophy on public art and integration into surrounding environment
- Images minimum: (3) with descriptions – completed mural projects
- Images maximum: (7) with descriptions – completed mural projects
- References (3)
- Please provide the names, addresses, current telephone numbers and email addresses for three professionals to reference your past work and qualifications.
The project is open to artists over 21-years-old, who are not students in a formal degree program and who have been practicing artists for more than three years. Artist is defined broadly to include the traditional arts and the design arts.