Entry Fee (Entry Fee): $40.00
Images | Minimum:Min. 0, Maximum:Max. 3
Video | Minimum:Min. 0, Maximum:Max. 3
Total Samples | Minimum:Min. 1, Maximum:Max. 3
Theme: Art Works Downtown invites artists to share their gift in The Small Works Exhibit, an annual offering of quality fine-art to holiday shoppers and the art-loving public. This dynamic showcase will feature over 70 unique artworks in the award winning Gallery 1337.
Juror: Emebet Korn, owner and director, Desta Gallery, Mill Valley CA; www.destagallery.com
- Only SF Bay Area artists will be considered (artist must live within 100 miles from San Rafael, California)
- Size limit: artwork must not exceed 18”x18”x18” including frame, stand, and all materials.
- Open to all visual arts media. Video must be silent and include player, monitor, and headphones within the size limit; projections are prohibited.
- Original artwork only. No giclées or reproductions. Editions are acceptable if they are original works such as printmaking, photography or limited original digital art.
- Artwork submissions must not have previously exhibited in the AWD Gallery 1337.
- Artwork must be for sale.
- Apply through Call For Entries.org. AWD will not accept hardcopy, email, or disk submissions.
- Oct 20: Entries due via CallForEntry.org. Technically you have until 11:59 Mountain time (9:59pm Pacific time). We are not available for questions about applications on the due date, please plan ahead.
- Oct 27–28: Notification by email. Separate emails announce “invited” and “not invited” submissions.
- Nov 12, 10–8pm and Nov 13, 10pm–5pm: Deliver accepted entries, no exceptions.
- Dec 9, 5–8pm: Opening reception and 2nd Friday Art Walk
- Nov 25–27: open for Black Friday weekend
- Jan 13, 5–8pm: reception and 2nd Friday Art Walk
- Jan 26–28, 1pm–8pm: Pick up unsold artwork
- Dec Holiday Open Hours: Thursday–Sunday, 1–8pm
- Dec 24–31: Art Works Downtown will be closed for the Holidays.
- January Open Hours: Thursday–Saturday, 1–8pm
Online Entry: To submit entries, visit www.callforentry.org. First create a free profile then upload images to your portfolio. Second, apply to this call. The CaFÉ website provides all the assistance you should need to prepare your submissions and apply. If you have trouble sizing your image(s), use the links provided below for help. Before you start, we recommend reviewing the CAFÉ HELP page. We also recommend reviewing our CAFÉ Tips and Tricks by going to artworksdowntown.org > Artists tab > Calls for Entry > Tips and Tricks. AWD does not provide technical assistance for submissions.
• 3D/sculptural entries: Since you can only submit one image per entry, we suggest submitting one image with two views.
• Free online image software: pixlr.com/editor; online-image-editor.com
• Using the most current internet browser. Check the CaFÉ help page or this link: browsehappy.com.
• First-timers: please note that adding images to your account “Portfolio” does not submit them to the “call.” You will need to add the images from your portfolio to the call when you apply.
Delivery of Accepted Work: Work(s) must be hand delivered to Art Works Downtown 1337 Fourth St., San Rafael between the hours stated under Exhibition Calendar. All work must be ready for installation. Wall-hung artwork must be securely wired. Artwork must be easy–and ready–to install. No substitutes will be accepted for works approved by the juror. Please also deliver an artist statement and resume for the exhibition binder. We do not print these materials for you. The artist must complete and sign the Consignment Contract by or during delivery. If a representative of the artist delivers, the artist must email or call ahead to give the representative’s name. Apply only if you can arrange delivery on the specified date. Please note that other artists will deliver and pick up during the same hours. You may need to wait for staff to finish processing other artists. Paid parking can be found on the surrounding streets and in two garages one block away on C Street. The garages are free on Saturdays and parking is free everywhere on Sundays.
Pick Up: Artists who do not retrieve their work will be charged a storage fee of $5.00 per day. Works remaining after 30 days will become property of Art Works Downtown. Please note that other artists will deliver and pick up during the same hours. You may need to wait for staff to finish processing other artists. Paid parking can be found on the surrounding streets and in two garages one block away on C Street.
Sales: Art Works Downtown (AWD) accepts a 40% donation upon sale. AWD processes sales as follows. All checks and credit card sales will be made payable to Art Works Downtown. AWD then reports the sales tax and passes the net sale to the artist. The artist is responsible for donating 40% of the net sale total to AWD. It is not the artist’s responsibility to report sales tax. All sold artworks will remain on display until the end of the exhibition. Patrons may retrieve their artwork when the exhibit ends. Sales will be paid to artists as soon as possible after the exhibition ends.