Entry Fee (Entry Fee for 2 entries): $27.00
Media Fee(Additional Entries): $5.00
Images | Minimum:Min. 2, Maximum:Max. 9
Total Samples | Minimum:Min. 2, Maximum:Max. 9
Event Dates: 1/7/23 - 2/12/23
Jury Dates: 12/18/22 - 12/18/22
Midnight ravers, all-nighters, night owls, nighthawks, "last call"... or is this just the beginning? Vestige Concept Gallery wants to know what happens long after the sun goes down. After Hours seeks to showcase works of art that feature nightlife and/or, life, at night. Works can be non-representational and emotive of the feelings of after hours (sultry, dark, cool) or, could be figurative and representational about people, bars and nightclubs, speakeasys, smoky lounges, filled with musicians: jazz, blues, soul, rock, hip-hop... to late night diners, taking the El-train, urban life, graffiti, hookups, drugs/alcohol, sex, nudes, and more. Have a nightcap and catch the red-eye. (But remember, keep it classy!)
"After Hours" In-Person opening reception party will be held Saturday, January 7th, 2023 at 6 PM.
About the Gallery:
Vestige Concept Gallery specializes in curated monthly mixed exhibition opportunities that appeal to a diverse range of artists, audiences, and buyers. Located in Lawrenceville, the new cultural heart of Pittsburgh, PA, the Gallery seeks to showcase the best of emerging and professional artist talent from across North America, and sell work at affordable prices through promotions and in-person events.
- "After Hours" is open to any artists over age 18, within the United States and Canada.
- Work should ideally have been created in the last three years, and must be the original artwork, ready to display.
- The specific work must not have been previously displayed in a Vestige Concept Gallery exhibit.
- Work must be for sale. (No "NFS" or deliberate overpricing)
- No Giclees or reproductions of original works will be accepted unless the work itself is a Giclee or digital. (Please note this in the media tag, if applicable).
- Applicants may submit up to nine (9) entries. Two (2) entries are included in the $27 application.
- An additional charge of $5 per entry is charged for any additional submissions over 2.
- APPLICATION DEADLINE is Saturday, December 17th, at Midnight (MST)
- Artists will be notified of acceptance on or before Sunday, December 18th at Midnight
- Shipped works of art must arrive no later than Thursday, January 5th 2023
- Reminder the holiday season falls between notification and the shipping deadline. 3 WEEKS NOTICE is provided over our typical 2 weeks to account for the holidays.
CONDITIONS OF ACCEPTANCE
- Artists accepted into the show must reply email confirmation upon acceptance, and later, be willing to provide an artist pic, short bio, and web/social links (if applicable). These items are necessary for the Online version of the show and other promotion. By submitting this information, you provide Vestige Concept Gallery all rights to post the work on their gallery website and within a paper brochure for the event.
- Accepted artwork must be the actual artwork as seen in the submitted images. No substitutions. Vestige Concept Gallery reserves the right to pull any artwork that differs from the images in the accepted submission. Any Giclées will automatically be pulled from the show unless it was initially stated that the work itself is a Giclée or digital print.
- Accepted artwork listed for sale must be for the price listed in the submission. No last-minute price changes.
- Vestige Concept Gallery will retain a 30% commission for any artwork sold--please factor this into your pricing.
- Artists are responsible for shipping & optional shipping insurance to and from Vestige Concept Gallery. A prepaid return shipping label must be included. Fedex or UPS only. No cash or checks.
- Shipped work must be sent in reusable, sturdy boxes and marked with your name. No loose peanuts. Artwork framed with glass is the responsibility of the artist and is not recommended. Artwork with glass that arrives in broken condition may be pulled from the event if artist is unable to remedy the issue.
- Late or damaged work will not be exhibited.
- Art damaged in transit is solely the responsibility of the artist and shipper. Artwork may also be hand-delivered, if applicable.
- Wall pieces MUST be securely wired, framed, and properly prepared for display. Painted edges and/or a clean edge gallery wrap (i.e. the gallery edges were masked off prior to painting), are acceptable. Sawtooth is ok for photography and small work only, that weighs less than 5 pounds
- 2D Work must not exceed 30lbs, including frame. 3D work or audio/video must be available to discuss the display with gallery member, if selected, and you will be placed into "waitlist" status and be contacted by the gallery. 3D artists may wish to inquire with the gallery first before submitting.
DEC 17 - Application deadline
DEC 18 - Acceptance notification
JAN 5 - Deadline for shipped or dropped-off work
JAN 7- Opening Reception
JAN/FEB-- normal business hours
FEB 12 Show closes
AFTER FEB 12- Any unsold artwork is packaged and shipped back
Any questions please reach out to: email@example.com
All applications must be received through callforentry.org
Thank you for your interest in applying!
Minimum 2 work samples, Artist Bio and Statement
18+, US and Canada