Entry Fee (Entry Fee): $35.00
Images | Minimum:Min. 1, Maximum:Max. 5
Total Samples | Minimum:Min. 1, Maximum:Max. 5
Event Dates: 2/10/23 - 3/10/23
Jury Dates: 12/30/22 - 1/9/23
Call For Entries:
The SMALL WORKS SHOW (14 inches and under) has returned! The Rice Gallery of Fine Art is now accepting submissions for our 8th Annual National Juried Show with a $1500 Best of Show and other cash prizes!
We are seeking original SMALL WORKS and MINIATURES of all subjects and painting styles for our upcoming annual juried show. Submissions must be original paintings and the painted surface must be no greater than 14 inches at its longest dimension (example 11x14, 14x14, or smaller). Although this is not exclusively a “miniature” show, all “miniature paintings” are welcome. Submission deadline is December 29th, 2022.
Our experienced jurors will select and eclectic array of the finest original small works from artists nationwide for an exclusive show at The Rice Gallery of Fine Art. This show will be open to the public and all paintings selected will be exhibited and promoted for sale, both in person and online.
- Apply to the show by submitting 1 to 5 images of your best original paintings sized 14 inches and under to be evaluated on an individual basis by our experienced panel of judges.
- All selected paintings will be eligible for cash prizes including the $1,500 Best of Show Prize!
- All subjects and original painting styles are welcome. No photographs and no reproductions of any kind.
- All juried selections will be featured for sale in an exclusive gallery exhibition at The Rice Gallery of Fine Art, one of Kansas City’s premier fine art galleries.
- This show will be open to the public and promoted to gallery clients, friends, and followers.
- All selected works will also be included in The Rice Gallery’s online store, and will be promoted via social media for the entirety of the exhibition.
A non-refundable online application fee of $35 will be collected from each artist submitting their works. All entries must be submitted via CAFÉ (www.callforentry.org) no later than Thursday, December 29th, 2022.
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to win cash prizes, sell your work, and add a prestigious fine art gallery exhibition to your artist resume. Sign up today!
Gallery & Jurors:
The Rice Gallery of Fine Art offers an extensive selection of original fine art in the Kansas City area, representing many fine artists from the Midwest region, as well as many established artists from across the nation. We proudly support the arts by organizing, hosting, and promoting an array of fine art events throughout the year.
The jury is comprised of experienced fine art curators and professional art gallery personnel. They will use their collective knowledge and trained eyes to select a survey of the finest original works from those submitted.
- All paintings submitted will be reviewed by our jury after the submission deadline.
- Each artist may submit up to 5 paintings to be judged.
- Each painting is evaluated on an individual basis. This means that each painting is considered for exhibition on an individual basis, not as a group.
- Juried selections will be announced via CAFÉ and/or via email no later than Monday, January 9th, 2023.
- Selected works MUST BE received by The Rice Gallery of Fine Art, via local delivery or shipment, no later than Monday, January 30th, 2023.
- All selected paintings that are properly shipped, received, and properly framed/finished/wired/mounted will be hung and displayed for sale in a gallery exhibition at The Rice Gallery of Fine Art.
- The exhibition will be open to the public on Friday, February 10th, 2023 at The Rice Gallery of Fine Art.
- *The Rice Gallery of Fine Art reserves the right to adjust/reschedule the opening date and length of the exhibition with regard to social distancing guidelines and public health protocols related to Covid-19.
- All selected works will also be included and for sale in The Rice Gallery’s online store.
- The Rice Gallery will also promote all selected works via social media for the entirety of the exhibition.
- This show will be promoted via email and social media to gallery clients, friends, and followers.
- All paintings selected for the exhibition are eligible for cash prizes including the $1,500 Best of Show Cash Prize!
- Prize winners will be announced on or after the day the show opens to the public.
- All prize money will be paid to the winning artist(s) at the show’s completion via check and mailed to the address provided in the artist’s application.
- All paintings selected for this exhibition will be considered consigned inventory of The Rice Gallery of Fine Art and MUST BE for sale.
- A predetermined retail sales price MUST BE provided for each painting submitted for judging and exhibition.
- Sales prices cannot be raised or changed after a painting has been selected for the show.
- The Rice Gallery of Fine Art collects a 45% commission on any paintings sold during the gallery exhibition.
- The Rice Gallery’s commission is deducted from the original retail sales price provided by the artist during the submission process.
- Prior to receiving their portion of a sale, the artist must complete and submit a W9 form for tax purposes.
- The artist’s portion of all sales will be paid at the show’s completion via check and mailed to the address provided in the artist’s application.
Exhibition Close & Return of Unsold Work:
- The exhibition officially ends Friday, March 10th, 2023.
- *The Rice Gallery of Fine Art reserves the right to adjust/reschedule the closing date of the exhibition with regard to social distancing guidelines and public health protocols related to Covid-19.
- All unsold work will be returned via shipment or local pickup (by appointment), just as it was received.
- Artists will be contacted after the show’s conclusion with instructions regarding return shipments or local pickup appointments of any unsold works.
- Paintings being returned via shipment will be packed and returned in the same packing materials they arrived in.
- The artist is responsible for arranging the return shipment of their painting(s).
- Pre-paid return labels may be enclosed in the original shipment or emailed to The Rice Gallery once the show has ended.
Deadline/Important Dates Summary:
12/29/2022 - All entries are due via CAFÉ.
1/9/2023 - Juried Selections announced via CAFÉ no later than this date.
1/30/2023 - Selected paintings must be received via shipment or hand delivered to the gallery by this date.
2/10/2023 - Show is open for public viewing at The Rice Gallery of Fine Art.
3/10/2023 - Show concludes.
- All entries must be submitted via CAFÉ (www.callforentry.org) by Thursday, December 29th, 2022. No exceptions.
Entries & Fees:
- A non-refundable application fee of $35 will be collected from each artist submitting their works.
- This fee is payable online only by credit card via CAFÉ (www.callforentry.org).
- Limit one application per artist.
- Each artist may submit a maximum of 5 images (1 to 5 images) with their application.
- The artist will be responsible for ALL shipping expenses, to and from The Rice Gallery of Fine Art, on any works selected for exhibition (see SHIPPING POLICY below).
- ABSOLUTELY NO STYROFOAM PACKING PEANUTS PLEASE!
- The artist is responsible for ALL shipping expenses, to and from The Rice Gallery of Fine Art, on any works selected for the exhibition.
- The artist is also responsible for any shipping insurance related to their paintings while in transit to and from The Rice Gallery of Fine Art.
- The Rice Gallery of Fine Art IS NOT responsible for any work that is stolen, lost, or damaged once picked up by the shipper for shipment or return.
- All works of art shipped to The Rice Gallery of Fine Art MUST BE shipped securely and safely with packing materials that are easy to unpack and can be re-used to easily re-pack and return any works that have not sold at the exhibition’s conclusion to the artist at their expense.
- All shipments MUST BE sent “SIGNATURE REQUIRED” in order to be safely received by The Rice Gallery during their normal hours of business (10am-6pm Monday-Saturday).
- The Rice Gallery IS NOT responsible for any lost packages left with no signature required.
- ALL SHIPMENTS MUST BE RECEIVED BY MONDAY, JANUARY 30th 2023.
- Please use packing materials appropriate for safe shipping to and from The Rice Gallery of Fine Art.
- Shipments that appear to have major damage upon receipt will not be opened and the artist will be contacted immediately to assist in assessing the damage and determining how to proceed.
- The artist will also be contacted immediately if any major damage is discovered once a painting is unpacked.
- Minor scuffs and scratches to frames as well as typical wear will not be considered “damage” and will be deemed acceptable at the discretion of The Rice Gallery of Fine Art.
Local Drop-off/Pickup Option
- Artists are welcome to deliver/pickup their works in person (by appointment) at their discretion. Artists may arrange for other individuals to deliver/pickup their works (by appointment) by contacting The Rice Gallery of Fine Art beforehand.
Conditions of Eligibility:
- All submissions MUST BE ORIGINAL PAINTINGS.
- International submissions will not be accepted for this show. National submissions only please.
- All original painting styles are welcome.
- SIZE LIMIT: The unframed size of each painting submitted should not exceed 14 inches at its longest dimension (example 11 x 14 or 14 x 14 inches or smaller).
- Frames can exceed 14 inches.
- Any work accepted to the juried show MUST BE present and available for sale for the duration of the scheduled exhibition. Please do not submit paintings that are not for sale.
- All artwork MUST BE completely dry, framed, wired securely, and ready to hang in a fine art gallery.
- Canvases MUST BE framed or museum wrapped with finished/painted edges and wired to hang.
- Works on paper and mediums prone to smearing/smudging MUST BE protected under glass or plexi-glass.
- The Rice Gallery of Fine Art reserves the right to reject any artwork deemed improperly framed or improperly prepared for hanging.
- Prints, reproductions, or photography ARE NOT ELIGIBLE for submission.
- Please only submit paintings that can be easily packed, shipped, and re-packed safely to and from The Rice Gallery of Fine Art.
- Please do not submit any paintings that require additional freight services. Please use standard domestic shipping services only.