Contact Email: NWSExhibition@gmail.com
Entry Fee (Entry Fee for 1 painting): $45.00
Media Fee(Fee for 2nd painting): $10.00
Images | Minimum:Min. 1, Maximum:Max. 2
Total Samples | Minimum:Min. 1, Maximum:Max. 2
Event Dates: 1/1/23 - 2/17/23
National Watercolor Society (NWS) 2023 Member Exhibition is open to all Active NWS Members. This is an ONLINE Virtual Exhibition. $10,000 in CASH AWARDS to honor our NWS Past Presidents. Three (3) $2,000, two (2) $1,000, four and (4) $500 and one(1) ScholARTship Award.
Click here for Prospectus
Jan 1-Feb 17, 2023 Entries accepted at www.callforentry.org
February 17, 2023 Entry deadline - 12:00 noon, Pacific Time Zone
March 8, 2023 List of Accepted Artists posted to NWS website
May 3-June 26, 2023 Exhibition Dates
JUROR of Selection and Awards: Dan Marshall
Dan Marshall is a nationally renowned watercolor artist, demonstrator and instructor located in Denver, CO. He is an avid plein air painter, producing the majority of his work on location. He has been featured in and written articles for Watercolor Artist, Southwestern Art, Plein Air Magazine and OutdoorPainter.com and has received multiple awards from juried shows and invitational events. Dan has previously served as a juror for the Colorado Watercolor Society and the Laguna Plein Air Painters Association. Dan is a signature member of the American Watercolor Society, the American Impressionist Society, the Laguna Plein Air Painters Association and a member of the Salmagundi Club.
1. Open to all Active NWS Members. NWS Membership annual dues of $50 must be paid prior to entry. If you are not currently a member please join as an Associate Member by going to the NWS website: www.nationalwatercolorsociety.org
2. Artists must be 18 years or older.
3. Artists may enter two (2) paintings; only 1 painting per artist is eligible for acceptance into the exhibition.
4. All entries must have been created after 1/1/2020 and not previously shown in any NWS Exhibition.
5. Painting must be watermedia paintings on natural or synthetic paper Yupo, Aquabord and Claybord. No stretched canvas or canvas board. Collage may be used but aqueous medium must constitute 80% or more of the work. All collage materials must be original designs executed on watermedia paper, by the artist.
6. Digital media, photography, prints, and reproductions are not permitted.
7. Originality: Your entry must be an original work of art, painted only by you; not produced in a class or workshop. Photo reference material must have been taken by you.
8. 2D Artwork image size; No minimum or maximum size for this online-virtual exhibition.
9. All artwork must be for sale. Accepted artwork may not be displayed or offered for sale in another exhibition (physical or virtual) from May 4 - June 30, 2023.
FEES, SALES & LIABILITY:
- Entry fee is $45 for 1 image / $55 for 2 images (All entry fees are non-refundable without exceptions)
- All work must be for sale and there will be no price changes after acceptance. NWS is responsible for all sales and will retain a 30% commission for exhibition sales. Also, NWS is due a 30% commission on “presold” paintings - those sold before the exhibition opens.
- Permission is granted to reproduce the painting in promotion of the exhibition and to use this image for educational and publicity purposes. Attention International Artists: NWS wants to make sure you receive all proceeds, including awards. NWS will provide all documents and tax forms necessary.
- This Exhibition does not qualify for NWS Signature status.
- Monetary awards remaining unclaimed by 12/1/2023 will be forfeited.
Must be an active member of the National Watercolor Society.
If you are not currently a member you may join as an Associate Member by going to the NWS website: www.nationalwatercolorsociety.org
AGREEMENT / CONDITIONS & RULES:
Failure to meet ANY of the conditions may result in the disqualification of your entry and may result in ineligibility to enter any future NWS exhibitions for a minimum of two (2) years and forfeiting any awards.
1. Submission to this exhibition shall constitute an Agreement on the part of the artist to comply with the conditions set forth in this Prospectus.
2. If my artwork is selected and it does not meet eligibility requirements set forth in the prospectus, I will be disqualified. Accepted entries may not be withdrawn by the artist.
For general questions about the exhibition and/or entry contact, Judy Saltzman at NWSExhibition@gmail.com Please submit early, so we can assist you with any technical issues that may arise in the entry process.