Number of Applications Allowed: 6
Images | Minimum:Min. 1, Maximum:Max. 8
Total Samples | Minimum:Min. 1, Maximum:Max. 8
Event Dates: 6/10/23 - 5/31/24
Budget: $900 artist stipend per selection
CALL FOR SCULPTURE ARTISTS / REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL - TOWN OF AVON ART AROUND AVON PROGRAM for 2023 - 2025
Overview: The Art Around Avon is a program with the goal of selecting up to twenty-five (25) visual art pieces for installation in pre-determined outdoor spaces in early June 2023. Selected artists will be engaged by the Town and paid a $900 stipend. The selected artist’s work will be on exhibition in an outdoor location for up to twenty-four (24) months during which time the artist may make the work available for sale. The Town shall produce and distribute materials regarding the work for marketing purposes, including photographs of the work for publicity or study. The Town shall retain 20% of the gross sale price of the selected artist work on exhibition in the Town through the Art Around Avon program. If an artist’s work is sold during the exhibition period, the work shall be removed after the decommission date.
Project Intent: To further establish the Art Around Avon Program to become a well-known, two-year exhibition showcasing outdoor sculptures in visible places around the Town.
Project Budget: Selected artists shall be paid a $900 stipend per piece of work. The artist shall perform all services and furnish all supplies, material, and equipment as necessary for the design, execution and fabrication of the work including transportation of the work to and from the installation site.
Site Description: Various visible outdoor locations in highly trafficked areas in the Town along main roadways, Main Street Mall, Nottingham Park, and playgrounds.
The ground level base or platform, and/or raised pedestal for the work is provided by the Town and will be either reinforced concrete or cut stone with or without a steel plate; and, based off location of the installation.
Installation & Decommission: The Town is not responsible for assembling or disassembling the work on-site during installation or decommission. The Town will provide traffic control, assist in maneuvering and anchoring the work to the base or platform.
Attachment A provides the type of material for the base/platform, pedestal, etc., space size, size restrictions and/or requirements for work, and photos or links to photos.
Requirements of Work:
1. Safe for pedestrians.
2. Of appropriate scale for street display.
3. Able to withstand high winds and/or substantial temperature changes.
4. Easy to maintain in an outdoor mountain environment.
5. Freestanding but attachable to a steel mounting plate or reinforced concrete pedestal (provided by the Town) for exhibit purposes.
Application & Selection Process: The Town uses the web-based service, CallforEntry.orgTM, also known as CaFETM, to manage artist application and selection processes for the Art Around Avon program.
Application shall include:
1. Artist and/or Artist Team Contact: Upload complete and accurate contact information.
a. Artists may submit up to six (6) applications. One application per proposed piece of work.
b. Each application must include a minimum of two (2) and a maximum of five (5) digital images for each piece of work being proposed.
c. Project statement describing your approach and intention for the work.
d. Special display and installation requirements for each piece of proposed work.
3. References Work: Three (3) relevant project references to include the following for each of the three (3) referenced projects:
a. Main contact: Name, Organization, Email and Phone Number.
b. Scope and description of project.
c. Project location.
d. Each piece of reference work must include a minimum of one (1) digital image and maximum of three (3) digital images for each referenced work.
e. Reference work imagery must be labeled to clearly identify the imagery as referenced work. If not labeled reference work, it will be considered proposed work. For example:
i. Reference Work A Image #1; Reference Work A Image #2; Reference Work A Image #3.
ii. Reference Work B Image #1, Reference Work B Image #2, etc.
4. All selected artists must execute a copy of the Art Around Avon Agreement – See Attachment B.
5. Anticipated Timeline:
- Artist Call for entry: December 12, 2022
- Deadline for entry: March 26, 2023
- Proposed selection notification: April 27, 2023
- Installation of work: June 8, 2023
- Exhibition period for work: June 9, 2023, through May 29, 2025
- Decommission and removal of work: May 29 through May 30, 2025
- Disposal deadline: June 6, 2025
1. The Request for Proposals is open to all artists and artist teams residing and working in Colorado.
2. All applicants must be 18 years of age or older and have all necessary documentation and permits to work in the United States at the time of submittal.
3. Applicants must be able to complete and transport work on June 8th, 2023.
4. Applicants must be able to pick up work May 29th, 2025.
5. Applicants must provide a statement regarding any conflicts of interest and listing of any litigation involving the artist in the past five (5) years and lawsuit dismissal and/or termination outcomes.