Entry Fee (Edmonds Arts Festival - Gallery Art 2022): $20.00
Media Fee(Additional Images): $20.00
Images | Minimum:Min. 1, Maximum:Max. 4
Total Samples | Minimum:Min. 1, Maximum:Max. 4
Event Dates: 6/16/23 - 6/18/23
• April 29 Application Deadline
• May 13-17 Notification of Acceptance by email
• June 10 Drop-off accepted work at Frances Anderson Center
(700 Main St., Edmonds, WA) Hours: 12 p.m. - 6 p.m.
All pieces must be dropped off by 6 p.m. June 10
• June 16-18 FESTIVAL Fri & Sat 10 a.m. - 7 p.m., Sun 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
• June 18-19 Pick-up of unsold pieces: June 18, 5:15 p.m. - 7 p.m. and
June 19, 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
FEES AND ENTRY INFORMATION
Artists may enter four items per CaFÉ Profile. If you wish to apply to multiple categories, you must create multiple CaFÉ Profiles. Profiles are free in CaFÉ.
You may register and sign up as a new user to create a profile with new login credentials. You can use the same name and email but will need to alter your username and password. Keep in mind you will have two profiles to keep track of for this call.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PAINTINGS, MIXED MEDIA 2D, SCULPTURE, PHOTOGRAPHY, ARTISAN WORKS, DRAWING, DIGITAL ART, AND PRINTMAKING
CATEGORIES and REQUIREMENTS
Read these descriptions carefully! Several artists are applying in the wrong category and you may be tossed by the juror if you apply incorrectly.
PAINTINGS: Oil, acrylic, tempera, pastel, airbrush, pastel, gouache, and watercolor.
MIXED MEDIA 2D: Two-dimensional art, including collage and encaustic, that combines different painting and drawing materials and methods, rather than only one method.
PRINTS: Relief, intaglio, lino or wood cuts, lithograph, serigraph, monoprint, and mixed media with printmaking dominant. This category does not include photographic prints or giclée prints.
DRAWINGS: Graphite, pastel, colored pencil, silverpoint, chalk, crayon, pen & ink and conté.
A note on pastels: Pastels may be entered under paintings or drawings. It is up to the artist to determine which category best fits their use of this medium.
PHOTOGRAPHY: Traditional film photography, hand-colored images, emulsion transfers, and digital photography that has not been manipulated to achieve results beyond what could be done in a traditional darkroom. Only the artist's original source material is acceptable.
DIGITAL ART: Any original work in which the original image, or the manipulation of other source material, was executed by the artist using the computer. Digital photo editing within the confines of what could be done in the darkroom is allowed in the photography category.
- Finished artwork must not exceed 40"x 48." Framed pieces must fall within these specifications.
- Artwork must be wired for hanging.
- Sawtooth picture hangers are not accepted.
- Hanging wire may be visible ONLY if it is part of the overall design of the piece.
SCULPTURE: May be created in any medium, metal, ceramic, glass, wood, paper, mixed, etc. If entries exceed 75 pounds, the artist must provide proper pedestals. Any applied paint must be dry. Small items should be in a clear case for their protection (optional).
ARTISAN WORKS: Fiber arts, woodworking, ceramics, furniture, glass, beading, etc. Most artisan works are three- dimensional. Small items should be in a clear case for their protection (optional). All glues and paint must be dry. Items deemed too fragile or unstable will not be accepted.
- Three-dimensional work may not exceed 80" x 30" x 30."
- Only minor on-site assembly is allowed.
- The artist must move heavy items (50 pounds or more) into place.
- Textile entries must not exceed 2600 square inches.
- Hanging textiles, rugs, or quilts must have a sleeve for mounting.
- A hanging rod must be provided. Nothing over 10 lbs. can be hung.
- Nothing can be hung from the ceiling or overhead.
ENTRY FEES FOR THE EIGHT CATEGORIES LISTED ABOVE:
$20.00 for each piece entered. Artists may enter up to four pieces per category: the first item is entered under ENTRY FEE. Then use MEDIA FEE for each additional image entered.
1st piece of art entered: Entry Fee $20
2nd piece of art entered: Media Fee $20
3rd piece of art entered: Media Fee $20
4th piece of art entered: Media Fee $20
DO NOT USE A COUPON CODE TO ENTER ADDITIONAL IMAGES for the following eight categories: Paintings, MM2D, Prints, Drawings, Photography, Digital Art, Sculpture, or Artisan Works. If you do YOU WILL BE DISQUALIFIED!
PLEASE NOTE: MINIATURES/SMALL PAINTINGS AND SMALL ARTISAN WORKS HAVE DIFFERENT ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS
MINIATURES AND SMALL PAINTINGS: All media under paintings, prints, and drawing categories (described above). Photography and Digital Art are not accepted. Work is also accepted that has less emphasis on fine detail and the 1/6 scale; however, the same size requirements apply. Miniatures and Small Paintings will be offered for sale in our Small Works Marketplace. Unlike Small Artisan Works there is no restriction on price.
Your frame and artwork may be any proportion that meets the following criteria:
- Artwork cannot exceed 5” x 5” (25 sq. in.). This includes unframed gallery-wrapped canvases with finished sides.
- Framed artwork cannot exceed 8” x 6” (48 sq. in.), while maintaining the maximum surface size of the artwork as noted above.
- All artwork, framed and unframed, must be professional in appearance, wired, and ready for hanging. Saw-tooth picture hangers are not accepted.
SMALL ARTISAN WORKS: Include fiber arts, woodwork, ceramics, jewelry, glass, beading, etc. that will be available for purchase in our Small Works Marketplace. All pieces must be priced at no more than $225. Items of greater monetary value are encouraged to enter the Artisan Works or Sculpture categories.
- Small three-dimensional work may not exceed 12” x 12” x 12.”
ENTRY FEES FOR MINIATURES/SMALL PAINTINGS AND SMALL ARTISAN WORKS ONLY:
$20.00 Total for one to four pieces entered.
Use the Coupon Code below for the Miniatures/Small Paintings, and Small Artisan Works categories ONLY.
If you use the coupon code MINISM for any other category, the Edmonds Arts Festival will withdraw those entries without notice because you have not paid for your entry. We will retain the first entry you submitted and it will be the only one submitted to the jurors for consideration.
Use Coupon Code MINISM to correct pricing in CaFÉ (enter exactly as spelled and in all caps).
CaFÉ will charge $20 per miniature/small painting/small artisan work image entered if you don't use the code.
EXAMPLE: if you are entering 4 miniatures/small paintings or small artisan works:
Original Total for 4 images is 4 x $20: $80.00
Use Coupon Code MINISM for the 2nd - 4th images (deducts 100% or 3X $20)
$20.00 total after entering the Coupon code
DIGITAL IMAGE REQUIREMENTS – All Categories
• Jpegs are required for all entries.
• Images must be 1,200 pixels or greater on the longest side and under 5MB.
• Paintings, Prints, Drawings, Photography, Digital Art, Small Artisan Works, Miniatures and Small Paintings: one image per artwork.
• Sculpture and Artisan Works: three views are allowed per piece but must be combined into one image.
• File format: See the CaFÉ website for image requirements at: Uploading Media to CaFE
More than $10,000 in cash awards will be presented at the Gallery Arts Awards Reception on the Monday before the Festival.
Shipping service is provided by Phoenix Art Restoration for artists that cannot deliver their art in person. Accepted artists will receive complete shipping information.
Do not directly send artwork to Frances Anderson Center - it will not be accepted.
TO VIEW THE PROSPECTUS AND JUROR BIOS GO TO:
- Artists must be 16 years or older.
- All entries must be for sale. Give full consideration to your art price and the commission rate, as prices will not be changed onsite during the Festival.
- 35% commission will be collected on all sales.
- All entries must be original and entirely the work of the artist.
- No copies, derivatives, reproductions, or giclée (does not apply to photography or digital art reproductions); work cannot be based on copyrighted or previously published materials.
- Entries must have been produced within the last five years.
- Work must not have been previously shown at the Edmonds Arts Festival.
- Artists may not substitute or alter the work, title, or price after it has been accepted.
- Digital images of selected work will be retained by the Edmonds Arts Festival. EAF assumes permission to reproduce accepted artwork for promotional uses.
- Artwork not sold during the Festival MUST be picked up at the Frances Anderson Center on June 18, 5:15 p.m. - 7 p.m. or June 19, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. Storage of unsold items for future pick up is not available. Therefore, if you cannot pick up your work, you will need to make arrangements for someone else to do so. Work remaining after 1 p.m. on June 19 will become the property of Edmonds Arts Festival.
Email email@example.com with questions.