Contact Email: email@example.com
Entry Fee (Entry Fee): $35.00
Images | Minimum:Min. 0, Maximum:Max. 3
Video | Minimum:Min. 0, Maximum:Max. 3
Total Samples | Minimum:Min. 1, Maximum:Max. 3
Event Dates: 5/5/23 - 8/6/23
Indiana Now 2023 is a triennial exhibition for Indiana artists presented by the Art Museum of Greater Lafayette. Since its inception in 1979, this has become a prestigious juried exhibition featuring the work of contemporary Indiana artists. Indiana Now 2023 will be on display from May 5 through August 6, 2023, at the Art Museum of Great Lafayette located at 102 South 10th Street, Lafayette, Indiana.
Total cash awards will be $2100
$1000 - Best of Show
$500 - First Place
$300 - Second Place
$100 - (3) Honorable Mention
The Art Museum of Greater Lafayette will solicit Purchase Awards from the community, and the Permanent Collection Committee will be invited to preview the exhibition for possible purchase consideration.
An exhibition catalog will be produced, and each artist will receive a limited number of copies.
Jurors' selections are based on creativity, quality of artistry, and originality, as represented in the images submitted. Notification of the jury's decisions for the show will be sent via Café email on or before April 5. Awards will be selected from the actual work and announced at the opening reception on May 5, 2023.
Calendar of Events
- Feb 14, 2023 Call Opens
- April 1, 2023 Midnight, entry deadline
- April 5, 2023 Juror selections announced
- April 22,23,24 Selected artwork delivered to the Art Museum (11 am - 4 pm) *
- May 3, 2023 Juror selects award winners.
- May 5, 2023 Opening Reception & Award Announcements
- August 6, 2023 Exhibition Closes
- August 7,8,9 Artwork Pick-Up (11 am - 4 pm) *
*Delivery during other hours may be arranged with the Museum Curator.
- One year of residency in Indiana at any time during the life of the artist is required.
- Artists must be 18 years or older.
- Submissions must have been created during the prior three years.
- Two-dimensional, three-dimensional, and video works will be accepted for consideration. Examples include photography, printmaking, painting, drawing, fibers, ceramic, jewelry, glass, sculpture, film, animation, or mixed media.
- All work must be the artist’s original design and creation. Do not submit works that violate copyright laws.
- For any artwork that requires a non-standard set-up or any artwork with more than one component piece, all hanging hardware must be included along with detailed hanging instructions.
- The Art Museum reserves the right to reject accepted work that differs significantly from the submitted images or is inadequately prepared for installation.
- All works must be for sale. The Art Museum of Greater Lafayette will retain a 30% commission on all sales and will handle all sales and sales tax, and provide the artists with a check after the show's end for all sales.
Dimensions and Presentation
Delivery of Work
- Artists are responsible for round-trip shipping and insurance (during shipping) of artworks. Any loss or damage to the artwork while in the museum's possession will be covered by the Art Museum’s insurance.
- Work can be delivered in person on April 22, 23, or 24 between 11 am - 4 pm.
Delivery during other hours may be arranged with the Curator if necessary.
- The Art Museum will repackage work in the same containers that were submitted. Please, no packing peanuts. Air packs, rigid foam, and bubble wrap are acceptable substitutes.
- Artists will receive detailed delivery directions upon selection.
If the artist chooses to ship artwork:
Shipped works must be received by 5 pm on April 24 and addressed to:
The Art Museum of Greater Lafayette
102 South 10th Street
Lafayette, IN 47905
c/o Andrea Klutzke, Curator
Indiana Now 2023
Pick-up/Return of Work
- The artists must pick up all entries after the exhibition on August 7, 8, or 9 between 11 am - 4 pm.
- Shipped entries will be repacked in the same containers submitted and delivered to a local shipping company, A1 Packaging, which will contact the artists for return shipping approval and payment.
- All entries must be picked up by 5 pm, Monday, August 9, unless previous arrangements have been made with the Curator.