Contact Email: email@example.com
Days remaining to deadline: 21
Entry Fee (Fee for Museum Member - "USED"): $18.00
Entry Fee (Fee for Museum Non-Member - "USED"): $25.00
Images | Minimum:Min. 0, Maximum:Max. 2
Audio | Minimum:Min. 0, Maximum:Max. 2
Video | Minimum:Min. 0, Maximum:Max. 2
Total Samples | Minimum:Min. 1, Maximum:Max. 2
Event Dates: 6/16/23 - 7/14/23
Call for Artists: “USED”
A National Juried Exhibition at the Attleboro Arts Museum in Attleboro, MA
- Exhibition: June 16th–July 14th, 2023
- Opening Awards Reception: Saturday, June 17th, 2pm - 4pm
The Attleboro Arts Museum invites all U.S. artists to submit interpretations of "USED." Open to all mediums, sizes and concepts. For instance: “I only read used books; she used me and broke my heart; that high-rise apartment used to be a lush garden; used clothing shops are my go-to; I’ve gotten used to their dry humor.”
Consider creating with re-purposed materials; depicting well-loved toys; representing cherished antiques; something borrowed; other.
Six prizes of $100 each will be awarded.
- Each artist may submit up to two different entries.
- To show the front & back of 3D art, submit one composite image that contains alternative views. Do not show alternative views as a second entry.
- All mediums and interpretations of USED from U.S. artists will be juried.
- There is no size limitation per entry, however all submissions (both 2D & 3D) cannot weigh over 100 lbs each.
- Work must not have been previously exhibited at the Attleboro Arts Museum (AAM) at any time.
- Name each submitted file with the title of the art and artist’s last name (ex: I’m Used to It_Jones.jpg).
- Please avoid using “Untitled” to name your work.
- Artists can submit 2D, 3D, installation, audio/video work. If selected, all tech, accessories and specialized hardware must be supplied (monitors, projectors, cables, etc.) along with a detailed diagram for installation.
- Artists are asked to provide a brief statement about the concept behind each USED submission.
- $18 covers payment for up to two pieces for Museum members; $25 covers up to two pieces for non-members.
- You can join as a member when you pay for your submission(s) or join now. All fees and memberships are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Saturday, April 22nd at 11:59 PM, Mountain Time (MT)
- Entries that are emailed or hand-delivered will not be accepted.
Notification of Decision
- All artists will receive notification of the juror’s decision sent to the email address that they have provided by Thursday, May 18th at 7 PM, MT.
- All accepted works will be listed by title on www.attleboroartsmuseum.org.
- All artists are expected to check the in-box of the email address that they provided and/or the Museum’s website listing for notification of the juror’s decision. Please no inquiries.
IF YOUR ARTWORK IS ACCEPTED
(All applicants should review dates & requirements before submitting their art for consideration):
Delivery of All Accepted Work
- To properly record and install all accepted pieces, all work (and detailed hanging instructions, if applicable) must be delivered between May 19th and June 3rd, from 10 AM – 3 PM, EST. We’re closed Sundays & Mondays, and Saturday, May 27th. We cannot accept your artwork before May 19th or after June 3rd.
- Accepted work can be either hand-delivered or shipped to the AAM.
- Installations that require assembly by the artist must be scheduled in advance of delivery.
- You can arrange to send a representative to deliver and/or pick up your artwork for you. The AAM is not responsible for making these arrangements for exhibiting artists.
- Once artwork is delivered it cannot, for any reason, leave the gallery until the exhibition concludes.
- Wet paint will not be accepted.
Mark all accepted artwork with the:
- Artist’s name
- Mailing address
- Mobile phone
- Title of piece
- Dimensions (w x h x d)
- Weight (no more than 100 lbs)
- Sale price (if applicable)
- Download a USED Loan Agreement and Delivery Checklist from www.attleboroartsmuseum.org and submit with your accepted artwork (these documents will be posted at the time that notifications are sent out).
- Artists are responsible for all fees associated with the shipping of their work. FedEx is the AAM’s preferred shipping vendor.
All shipped work must include:
- $10 handling fee – per piece
- Pre-paid return shipping label
- Payment of shipping vendor’s pick-up fee
- A photo of your art taped to the outside of package
- A completed Loan Agreement & Delivery Checklist
Checks payable to Attleboro Arts Museum. Fees are non-refundable.
Send to: Attleboro Arts Museum, USED, 86 Park St., Attleboro, MA, 02703.
- All accepted work must be framed, gallery-wrapped or finished on the edges and ready to hang at delivery with a sturdy wire hanging system. See the Museum’s Framing Guidelines for details.
- We strongly recommend neutral frames and white or off-white mats.
- Any pieces that do not match the juror’s decision, or are not the piece that was accepted, will not be installed and be returned COD.
- All art sales are subject to the Museum’s commission of 30% for Museum members, 40% for non-members. Work does not need to be for sale.
- To become a member: click here.
- The AAM will insure all work from the date of arrival at the Museum through the stated pick-up dates. The maximum insurance amount covers up to an artist’s value of $2000, with a $500 deductible payable by the artist.
- The Museum is not responsible for loss or damage in shipping, or for insuring art during shipping. Please be sure to pack your artwork with care and consideration.
- Art left beyond the final pick-up date of July 19th at 3 PM EST, will not be insured.
In-person Pick-up of Exhibited Work
- In-person pick-up takes place on July 15th, 18th & 19th; 10 AM – 3 PM, EST. If a representative is picking up work for the artist the rep's name must be shared with the AAM in advance of the pick-up. Call 508-222-2644 x10 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Work left past July 19th at 3 PM, EST will be charged $5 per day per piece at late pickup.
Return of Work–Shipped by the Museum
- All work that was shipped to the AAM will be packed and shipped by July 20th, 2023, using the original packing materials that were supplied.
- You must enclose a pre-paid shipping label for the return of your work (the shipping vendor’s pick-up fee must be pre-paid as part of the return shipping label) and a $10 handling fee per piece.
- Checks payable to Attleboro Arts Museum. If you are within driving distance we would appreciate an in-person pick-up.
- The Attleboro Arts Museum invites all U.S. artists to submit interpretations of "USED."
- Open to all mediums, sizes and concepts related to "USED."