Contact Email: email@example.com
Days remaining to deadline: 98
Entry Fee (Entry Fee): $10.00
Images | Minimum:Min. 1, Maximum:Max. 3
Total Samples | Minimum:Min. 1, Maximum:Max. 3
Open to artists in the United States and Canada (including territories).
You are invited to enter the 5th annual Martha’s Vineyard Drawing Prize, a competition established to encourage the pursuit of excellence in drawing. Entries may be created using graphite, charcoal, Conté, silverpoint, pen & ink, or other suitable drawing media including colored pencils and chalk.
The theme for this year's competition is ‘Discover’. Please submit only work on this theme.
How you interpret this theme is entirely up to you. Your drawing could be about:
- Something you have discovered, whether an idea, an object, or a place
- A historic discovery
- The act of discovery
- What it means to you to discover something
- Someone (or something, such as an animal or imaginary being) discovering something...
We look forward to seeing how you take this theme and make it yours!
This will be an online-only competition, juried by a gallery director, a collector, and an artist (new judges each year).
The deadline for submission is Tuesday, September 12, 2023.
Each artist may submit up to 3 works. Categories of drawing can include academic, realistic, contemporary, fantasy, historic, etc.
1st Place $500
2nd Place $400
3rd Place $300
with additional awards and prizes to be announced.
Prizes and awards will be announced Sunday, September 17, 2023.
Finalists’ work displayed on the Martha’s Vineyard Drawing Prize website for a minimum of one year, including biographic information and links to their websites/social media, and will also be displayed on our main Instagram account @mvdrawingprize.
For guidelines, judging criteria, and other FAQ's, please visit the MVDP website. And follow us on Facebook and Instagram @mvdrawingprize.
- Entries may be created using graphite, charcoal, Conté, silverpoint, pen & ink, or other suitable drawing media including colored pencils and chalk.
- Each artist may submit up to 3 works for the $10 fee.
- Categories of drawing can include academic, realistic, contemporary, fantasy, historic, etc.
- The theme for this year's competition is 'Discover'. (See www.mvdrawingprize.com for more information.) Please submit only work on this theme.
- All work must be original in concept. Drawings created in classes or workshops are not accepted.
- Submitted images of work must represent its true appearance and not be altered digitally.
- This is an online-only competition, so no need to frame or send in your artwork. For that reason, please take your best photos of your artwork.
- Submissions must be entered through CAFÉ by September 12, 2023.
- Artist must be 18 years of age and older.
- Artist must be a resident of the USA or Canada (including territories).