Entry Fee (Entry Fee): $25.00
Media Fee(Media Fee): $5.00
Images | Minimum:Min. 1, Maximum:Max. 6
Total Samples | Minimum:Min. 1, Maximum:Max. 6
State: North Carolina
Event Dates: 9/1/23 - 9/29/23
Jury Dates: 8/8/23 - 8/10/23
Best of the East Coast 2023 - Call for Art
Location: 311 Gallery; 311 W Martin St. Raleigh, NC
Deadline to enter: 11:59pm EST August 7th, 2023
Exhibit run: September 1 - 29, 2023
Opening Reception: Sept. 1st, 6-9pm
For our September 2023 exhibition, we are looking to showcase a wide range of work by powerful emerging and established artists with Best of the East Coast 2023. This juried visual art exhibition seeks to highlight the unique styles of artists within this region of the country to art lovers and collectors alike. Works of any physical medium are eligible, further info in call details. Artists on the east coast and neighboring states are eligible.
This will be a physical visual art exhibit located in Downtown Raleigh, North Carolina. All United States artists are eligible. The show will be September 2023 at 311 Gallery, located at 311 W Martin St, Raleigh, NC. Best in show and audience’ choice prizes will be awarded, which entails a $200 value print package from our printing studio for items such as gicleé prints, stickers or other items.
PLEASE NOTE: Please read this call entirely. By applying for this exhibit, you agree to the terms detailed within this call.
This exhibition is for works of art, both 2D and 3D. We are not accepting audio or video submissions for this call. Works must be for sale and should not exceed 72 inches in any dimension unless permitted otherwise by staff via email. Works of all mediums (painting, photography, printmaking, mixed media, sculpture, etc.) will be considered.
Digital/photographic works will be accepted as an editioned or non-editioned print. If a printed version isn’t already available for display, you can commission our in-house print shop for an additional fee to produce a gicleé print of the work so it can be included in the show. Please email for details if you are interested in our printing services at email@example.com
Works will be accepted on a piece-by-piece basis, meaning if you apply with more than one piece, we may accept some of your work and not others due to space limitations.
This is not a digital exhibition, if your work is accepted, it will need to be shipped/hand delivered to the gallery. Dates further in call.
- Entries must not exceed 72 inches in any dimension to be exhibited.
- Entries must be for sale.
- Juried with JPEGs, one jpeg per work. If you are submitting 3D work that requires additional perspective images, you may create and submit a collage-style photo of different angles for our jurors. Do not put multiple works in a single image, those works will not be accepted.
- All mediums and subject matter will be considered so long as they are for sale and can be displayed with ease in the gallery.
- Commission rate is 60% artist, 40% Gallery. If your work sells, a check will be mailed approximately 30 days after the date of sale.
- Open to all artists in the United States on the east coast or neighboring states.
- If accepted, 2D artworks must hang by wire or other acceptable means. 3D works must be able to stand with no or minimal assistance, or come with necessary display items i.e. hangars, hooks, stands, etc. The gallery has pedestals and tables for free-standing 3D works.
- Artists will be notified of acceptance status approximately 3-5 days after the call ends. Please be sure to check your spam for emails.
- If works are accepted, artists will be notified of drop-off/mail-in dates. See further in this call for shipping/delivery information.
ENTRY FEE: $25 for first work, $5 per additional work at a maximum of $50, up to 6 total.
Works will be accepted on a piece-by-piece basis due to space limitations and based off of submissions. This means some works may be accepted from an artist while other works are not.
All entry fees are non-refundable and go toward making 311 a sustainable, family-owned small business. These fees cover various costs including but not limited to: staff labor, marketing, print materials and more.
Please submit at least 1 2D or 3D work(s) of art to be considered for this exhibition. Original rights of the artwork must belong to the artist applying.
This call is open to any living artist in the United States. Entries must be either hand delivered to the gallery or mailed in a returnable container. Expected drop-off/mail-in dates are below, but you will be notified upon acceptance if these dates change:
Drop off dates:
Saturday, August 26th 12 - 6pm
Sunday, August 27th 2 - 6pm
Expected Pickup Dates will be:
Saturday, September 30th 12 - 6pm
Sunday, October 1st 2 - 6pm