Entry Fee (Entry Fee for one ): $30.00
Media Fee(For each additional): $5.00
Images | Minimum:Min. 1, Maximum:Max. 3
Total Samples | Minimum:Min. 1, Maximum:Max. 3
State: New Mexico
As we seek a just and equitable society with compassion and consideration for the world around us, let’s consider the idea of and the role it can play in our lives.
This exhibition is a call for ceramic artwork representative of GRACE. All types of ceramic work are welcome. The exhibition will be juried anonymously through the submission of digital images.GRACE calls for ceramic artwork representative of this notion. All types of ceramic artwork are welcome.
The exhibition will be juried anonymously through the submission of digital images by the 2023 Western New Mexico University Visiting Artist:
George Rodriguez https://georgerodriguez.net/
WHERE: Light Art Space
209 West Broadway, Silver City, NM 88061 https://lightartspace.com/
Exhibition Dates: June 30 - July 29th, 2023 Submission deadline: May 31st, 2023 11:59 PM MST
$300 – FIRST PLACE: Tad Van der Weele Memorial Award
$200 – SECOND PLACE
$100 – THIRD PLACE
Awards will be announced during the Silver City CLAY Festival – July 10-16, 2023. Exact date/time of award announcements, TBD
May 31st - Entry Submission & Fee Deadline
June 7th - Notification of accepted entries
June 22nd - Accepted works must be received
June 30th - GRACE Exhibition opens
June 30th - 5 - 7 pm Public Reception
July 10 - 16th - Silver City CLAY Festival
June 14th - 6- 8 pm Visiting Artist Gallery Talk and Reception
July 29th – Exhibition closes
August 4th - Pickup of hand-delivered work
August 2nd - 12th - Return shipment of unsold work
● One entry consists of 1 art piece (one image).
● Each artist may submit a maximum of 3 entries.
● If accepted, each entry must be marked on the back with the artist’s name, title, and retail price.
● Size limits:
FREE STANDING PIECES: No taller or wider than 24”, no heavier than 20 lbs. Must be stable and pedestal ready. WALL PIECES: No taller or wider than 24”, no heavier than 10 lbs. Must be ready to be securely hung.
● The artist will supply installation materials if a unique installation is required.
● Entries must be made of natural clay.
● There are no restrictions as to design, finish, or technique.
● All accepted entries must be for sale during the exhibition.
● Upon submission, the artist agrees to fulfill deadlines and cover return shipping costs and labels. FedEx is our preferred shipping method and double boxes are suggested. No peanuts, please.
Fees & Shipping Entry fees:
$30 for one entry, $35 for two, and $40 for three.
For entries selected to be a part of the GRACE exhibition, the artist is responsible for shipping and insuring accepted work to and from the exhibition.
Hand delivery and pickup are also acceptable. Shipped works must be sent in an easily reusable container/packaging and must include prepaid return shipping and insurance.
● The Exhibition is open to all artists 18 years and older, residing in the United States and internationally.
● Accepted entries must remain in the gallery for the duration of the exhibition and must be for sale, with Light Art Space retaining 50 percent of the total sale price.
● All works must have been completed in the last year.
● Entries shown in previous CLAY Festival juried exhibitions will NOT be accepted.