Contact Email: email@example.com
Number of Applications Allowed: 5
Entry Fee (Entry Fee): $10.00
As a response to the changing landscape of craft economies, the Online Artists Directory gives craft artists an online platform with dedicated staff support to help grow their creative business over the course of an entire year. Each artist’s profile page includes images of them and the work that they make, a featured video, bio and Q&A, and links to their website and Instagram account—a comprehensive introduction to their work and their story.
Customers can shop right from the Online Artists Directory during pop-up marketplace events scheduled regularly within the platform, where they can purchase one-of-a-kind gifts, unique fashion, art for the home, and limited-edition works before they sell out.
Artists will be promoted to the American Craft Council’s targeted craft audience of over 57,800 email subscribers, 100,000 social media followers, and 80,000 readers of American Craft magazine, as well as additional audiences through dedicated paid and cross-promotional advertising. Directory artists will also be the first to be considered for partnerships and collaborations as they arise. Our e-commerce platform has brought in over 125,000 visitors and generated over $852,000 in revenue for participating artists since the launch in fall 2020.
Applicants must submit a separate application for each eligible medium for which they would like to be considered at a cost of $10, which will include:
- Five images that are representative of their body of work
- Brief artist statement/bio
- Short narratives on the creative practice behind the work
Artists working in any of the following media are eligible to apply:
- Clothing and Accessories
- Fiber and Textiles
- Mixed Media
- Other three-dimensional media
What kind of work is eligible?
- Handmade craft that reflects excellence and the unique vision of its maker or community
- Small-studio production work made under the direct supervision of the applicant. Direct supervision requires that the artist oversees production work as it occurs and provides constant direction, feedback, and assistance
- Work produced in the United States
What kind of work is not eligible?
- ACC does not accept commercially manufactured work
- ACC does not accept paintings or photographs
- ACC does not accept work that incorporates unsustainable and/or endangered materials or illegal products made from endangered species
- ACC reserves the right to require authentication of the production process at any time
Interested in applying for our upcoming in-person marketplace in St. Paul, Minnesota?
Now in its 36th year, ACC’s highly anticipated St. Paul marketplace attracts a loyal audience of craft collectors and consumers. Drawing more than 5,000 attendees from the Twin Cities region, where ACC is headquartered, the marketplace is an immersive and interactive experience that sets the stage for guests to take their love of craft to the next level. The event is held at Saint Paul RiverCentre, the premier event facility in the heart of downtown St. Paul, and an invite-only benefit preview party is held the evening before the marketplace open to the public, giving supporters the chance to get first dibs on the unique crafts available.
Where: St. Paul RiverCentre
When: October 13–15, 2023
Application Deadline: May 24, 2023
Apply for the St. Paul marketplace here.