Entry Fee (Entry Fee): $10.00
Images | Minimum:Min. 6, Maximum:Max. 18
Total Samples | Minimum:Min. 6, Maximum:Max. 18
Jury Dates: 6/17/23 - 6/30/23
Budget: $2,000/entry selected for the artist
This call has three sites available for artists to participate in. Each site offers an artist commission of $2,000. An artist may participate in a single site or all three sites and will be eligible for the commission for each site if they are selected. The City of Centennial will be covering the wrap production costs, installation and maintenance for each location. Each site has 6 (SIX) traffic boxes that need to be submitted.
The sites consist of six traffic boxes each. The design of each box should not be identical but should have similar elements carried through all six, tying a theme together.
Site 1: Neighborhoods Matter: Tying together the neighborhoods along Smoky Hill Road with the uniqueness offered by this part of Centennial, its neighborhoods and beautiful vistas.
Site 2: Business are Valued/Innovation Absolute: Centennial's business district along Dry Creek Road at Chester. Businesses driving the aerospace industry, communications and partnerships to be on the cutting edge of what is next.
Site 3: Neighborhoods Matter: Six boxes following a path through neighborhoods from Newton Middle School on Arapahoe Road, turning south on Colorado Blvd and then west along Dry Creek Rd.
- Artworks submitted should address Centennial’s vision statement, “The City of Centennial is a connected community, where neighborhoods matter, education is embraced, businesses are valued, and innovation absolute.”
- References to local history and Centennial’s unique neighborhoods are encouraged.
- Design should be pleasing and add beauty to the community. The design must be family-friendly.
- Design cannot contain business promotions or advertisements.
- Design cannot include any breach of intellectual property, brands, logos, trademarks, or depictions of illegal activities.
- Artists do not need to include the City of Centennial logo in their design. A 4" border at the bottom of the traffic box wrap will include Centennial branding.
- Artwork shall not contain colors nor shapes in a way which could be confused as traffic control devices (for example, no red octagons that mimic stop signs).
- The design cannot incorporate any physical objects attached to the traffic box.
- Utility boxes contain essential computer equipment; thus, it’s recommended that the bulk of submitted artworks be lighter colors to help prevent overheating of the electrical components.
Artists who have questions about these criteria may contact 303-325-8000 and ask to speak with Public Works about Traffic Box Art or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please review the past designs to better understand how the art transforms from 2D art to 3D art. The ART must take into account how it presents as a 3D image.
AFTER/IF art is selected the art will be converted to a digital file. (Scanned versions of artwork that was originally non-digital are welcome.)
Final files will be formatted for final selections:
Vector format (.AI, .EPS, .SVG) is preferred for clearer printing. Alternatively, designs may be submitted as a PDF, TIFF, or RAW.
For any non-vector artwork, we ask for the artwork to meet the following requirements
o minimum 150 dpi/ppi
o minimum 2,000 pixels at the widest (landscape orientation) or tallest (portrait orientation) point of the artwork.
o The sizes below indicate the approximate size of final, installed designs.
o Small size: 62.5” H x 44.5” W x 26” D
o Large size: - 67” H X 49” W x 30” D
The call is open to all local artists (or artist teams) regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or physical or mental ability. Youth, youth groups, and schools are highly-encouraged to submit designs for consideration. City of Centennial Staff, Elected and Appointed officials, and their immediate family are not eligible. Artists may apply to all three sites. Meaning: 6 images required for each site. With 3 sites equaling a TOTAL of 18 images.