Entry Fee (Entry Fee): $15.00
Images | Minimum:Min. 1, Maximum:Max. 3
Total Samples | Minimum:Min. 1, Maximum:Max. 3
Event Dates: 8/1/23 - 8/31/23
AVA Community Art Center in Gillette, WY invites artists to submit three (3) artworks for consideration in the Harvest Exhibition. The deadline to submit to this exhibit is June 23rd, 2023 by 11:59pm.
The theme of Harvest is a broad one. Many crops are planted and tended before harvest while other delights are found in the wild. Apples and asparagus are harvested and so are tea, truffles and trees. And… cabbages, coconuts, cranberries, cocoa, and coffee.
When you picture these plants and fruits, do you also see the love and labor of people? Do you see cooking and artful display of food? Family dinner? A baby enjoying the textures of playing with their food? The theme of Harvest is broad and subject to your interpretation.
The Harvest Exhibition will feature up to thirty (30) individual artworks, based on juror selections. Awards for Best In Show, Second Place and Third Place are to be allocated based on a juried selection process. Additionally, one (1) People’s Choice award will be selected based on public votes and announced during the Artists’ Reception.
- Best In Show - $500.00
- Second Place - $250.00
- Third Place - $150.00
- People’s Choice - $100.00
All submissions will be considered by a guest Juror, more details to be announced soon!
Please read the following details carefully before submitting:
• 2D and 3D original artwork in any medium will be considered for acceptance into the exhibition & art auction.
• Artwork must have been made after Jan. 2019. Artwork previously seen at AVA and work created under the supervision of an instructor are not eligible.
• Submitted artwork dimensions are restricted to forty-eight inches (48”) in any direction, inclusive of matting and framing.
• Artists must be 18 years or older to enter this show.
• All work submitted must be Artist’s original work. Artwork that will not be considered for inclusion in the exhibition includes:
- Celebrity Portraits or Fan Art
- Giclee Prints or Reproduction Prints of Original Artworks
- Artwork created from a Tutorial
- Direct Copies or Replications of another Artwork belonging to anyone besides the Participating Artist
- Photo Reference or Artwork blatantly infringing on copyright laws
By entering AVA’s Exhibition, the Participating Artist certifies that he or she holds the copyright for this material and the copyright remains with said Artist. The Artist also certifies that the work submitted is original and does not infringe on any existing copyright. If artwork includes image of any person, artist certifies that a model release for such person has been obtained.
• Each Individual Artwork submission must include at least one (1) high resolution digital image. Please label each digital file in the following format: Artist Name/Title/Size
• Submitting artists must pay a one-time submission fee of $15.00; only one payment is required for submission of up to three (3) artworks. All entry fees are final and are non-refundable.
• Submitted artwork must be finished and display ready when turned in to AVA.
• Artists may frame their own artworks, however finished framing must look professional.
• No sawtooth hangers, clip frames, plastic framing, French Cleat hanging systems, or pre-drilled stainless post hanging systems.
• Artworks on canvas must be framed.
• All mats and backings should be made from acid free materials.
• Hanging wire and display hardware must be firmly attached and safe for artwork to be hung.
• AVA reserves the right to reject artwork due to framing finishes or may request additional steps are taken by artist before artwork will be displayed.
- AVA’s Harvest Exhibition facilitates annual operational health and longevity for AVA Community Art Center. All proceeds from this event directly support AVA’s mission of enriching lives by creating the bridge between the Visual Arts and our community.
- Participating artists will receive a 65% commission split with current enrollment as an AVA Member, or 55% as a non-member. Participating artists can enroll as AVA members at www.avacenter.org.
- Upon acceptance, Artists are required to provide a short biography of relevant information pertaining to their artwork and professional artist experiences to be included in AVA Marketing and media related to the Harvest Exhibition. Artists may also provide a business card or appropriate professional links to their website or digital platforms to be included with the purchase of the artwork.