Contact Email: email@example.com
Days remaining to deadline: 19
Entry Fee (Non - Member Rate): $55.00
Entry Fee ( VAL Member Rate): $40.00
Images | Minimum:Min. 1, Maximum:Max. 3
Total Samples | Minimum:Min. 1, Maximum:Max. 3
The Visual Art League (VAL) of Lewisville, Texas is pleased to announce a call for entries for Fresh Ideas 2023, a juried show to be held at the Lewisville Grand Theater Main Art Gallery in Lewisville, Texas July 15- August 19, 2023.
Fresh Ideas is VAL's Annual Premier Juried Art Exhibition and sale, which is housed in the beautiful 2,400 sq. ft. Lewisville Grand Theater Main Art Gallery (see www.lewisvillegrand.com and visualartleague.org). It is open to all visual artists 18yrs and older who reside in Texas. The non-refundable entry fee, for a maximum of (3) pieces is:
- $55 for non members of VAL
- $40 for VAL members
- Artworks will be available for sale if the artist chooses. See Legal Agreement
Exhibition Dates: July 15, 2023 - August 19, 2023
Deadline to enter: June 27th 2023 11:59 pm (Mountain Time)
Artist Notification: July 1st - 2nd
Hand deliver work to Lewisville Grand Theater: July 10th, 2023
*Lewisville Grand Theater Staff cannot accept shipped artworks!
Opening Reception: July 15th, 2023
Pick up artwork: August 21st, 2023
- 1st Place - $1,000 and a solo show in summer of the following year at the Lewsiville Grand Theater.
- 2nd Place - $500
- 3rd Place - $250
- Six Honorable Mentions @ $100 each
- People's Choice Award - $100
Accepted mediums: oil, watercolor, acrylics, pastel, mixed media, collage, altered books, assemblage, drawings, prints, ceramics, glass, textiles, fiber, encaustic, sculpture and photography (film, digital, altered processes, photographic montage). *Digital compositions using AI Image Generator Software are not allowed!
Juror: Bonny Leibowitz
Bio and Qualifications:
Leibowitz produces objects, installations and paintings utilizing a multitude of materials in ways that often disguise their origin, blurring the boundaries between the manufactured and the natural.
Her solo exhibitions include The Art Gallery – Collin College, Terrain Dallas, Baugh Center for the Visual Arts - TX., No.4 Studio - Brooklyn, NY, Liliana Bloch Gallery, TX, Art Cube - CA, The Museum of Art - Wichita Falls, and Cohn Drennan Contemporary - Dallas.
Her work has been included in numerous group exhibitions including those in Texas, Brooklyn, NY and Satellite Art Fair Miami.
In 2019 Leibowitz’s work was featured in New American Paintings.
Leibowitz owns The Bonny Studio and Encaustic Center in Richardson, TX. offering classes, One on Ones and workshops in a wide variety of mediums, processes and techniques.
Originally from Philadelphia, Leibowitz lives in Dallas, TX. where she maintains her studio practice.
Important Information on Delivery of Accepted Artwork:
- A link for Sign-Up Genius will be sent to artists to schedule an intake time.
- Work accepted into the exhibition must be delivered to the Lewisville Grand Theater Main Art Gallery, 100 North Charles Street Lewisville, TX at your scheduled time.
- It is the responsibility of the artist to arrange for delivering their works themselves or by a representative of the artist.
- Any artwork not received at the Gallery by 5:00 pm on July 10th, will not be included in the show.
- Images of entries to be considered for the show must be submitted via CaFE. Images must meet the requirements of that site for size and type of file to be accepted online. Artists may submit up to (3) pieces for consideration.
- Include on your application: After the title of your work on your application, include the type of medium. Example: "Still Life - "Digital Photography" or "Still Life - Charcoal on Paper"
(Due to the wide range of mediums that are allowed, this information will help the Juror when viewing each of the online submitted images).
- Original 2D and 3D artwork must have been created in the last two years, an must not have been previously shown in any VAL exhibits. The gallery is owned by the City of Lewisville and is considered family-friendly, so no explicit nudity, confrontationally political, or disrespectful religious images allowed.
- Maximum size for hung artwork is : 60x60, including frame.
- 2D artworks intended to be hung on walls, must look professionally finished and be ready for secure installation.
- Framed pieces must be equipped with d-rings attached to the back and stretched with wire. SAWTOOTH HANGERS, CLEAT HANGERS AND UNIFRAMES ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE! Please tape wire ends to prevent injury to the hanging committee.
- Wires when stretched to hang the artwork, should not come closer than two inches from the top of the frame, to prevent the hanger from showing when the picture is hung.
- Plexiglas, or similar material, must be used in place of glass for any artwork larger than 16" x 20". Any artwork printed on acrylic or metal must have smooth rounded edges or be framed. No sharp corners!
- Diptychs, triptychs, or other multiple piece works constitute one piece, and must be no wider than 60" when hung together.
- Pieces that are hung may not be over 50lbs in weight.
- Hanging canvas pieces should have clean, gallery-wrapped edges or be framed. Depth of canvas determines finish. 1.5in or greater depth - a clean finished edge (no staples), or gallery wrapped. Less than 1.5" in depth - frame required.
- 3D artwork must be able to securely sit on a pedestal with a 20" x 14" surface, or rest on the floor free standing, or safely hang using a wire.
- Any pieces - including sculpture - which are very heavy, the artist will be expected to assist with installation.
- Photography must be framed and matted or printed on gallery wrapped canvas. Photographs printed on metal or acrylic must be framed. Photography must meet the same standards as other 2D artworks.
- This is a juried show. The juror has the right to reject any submitted artwork during the jury process.
- VAL reserves the right to reject any accepted artwork if: it does not look professionally presented, framed pieces over 16" x 20" have glass, or it is not properly wired and ready for installation. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- ALL ACCEPTED WORKS MUST REMAIN ON EXHIBIT FOR THE DURATION OF THE FRESH IDEAS SHOW.
- It is required that artists who are accepted sit the Gallery for a half day during the exhibit. For artists living outside the immediate area, the Curator will coordinate with the artist for an acceptable substitution.