Entry Fee (Entry Fee for 2 entries): $28.00
Media Fee(Additional Entries): $5.00
Images | Minimum:Min. 2, Maximum:Max. 10
Total Samples | Minimum:Min. 2, Maximum:Max. 10
Event Dates: 7/15/23 - 8/20/23
***EXTENDED DEADLINE! MIDNIGHT- Monday June 26th***
Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages! Step right up for the grand delight of the summer art season! Sure to please the eyes and wow the hearts and minds, this wonderous spectacle of the greatest proportions large and small invites people from all ages to enjoy the illusory, the mind bending, the odds and ends of every fringe, and the angel and devil who sits on every shoulder. Exotic creatures, exotic attractions, and strange curiosities from faraway lands- the parade of artistic invention is calling artists to lend their vision to an "Americana carnivale" of high-flying imagination!
We accept artwork from any medium*, including Student, Emerging, Mid-Career, and/or Professional Artists. Work should follow and/or challenge the theme of the exhibit, can be edgy and/or evocative, and above all, should be fun and attractive for audiences and collectors. Sculptural and 3D works are encouraged to apply.
(Note that the theme of this show is not restricted exclusively to a setting that is located under a tent. It could include portraits of alternative lifestyles, festivals, travels, costume, etc.)
(*We unfortunately cannot show video art at this time)
"Under The Big Top" In-Person Opening Reception will be held Saturday, July 15th. A second mid-show event is also TBD. The show runs to August 20th.
About the Gallery:
Vestige Concept Gallery specializes in curated monthly mixed exhibition opportunities that appeal to a diverse range of artists, audiences, and buyers. Located in Lawrenceville, the new cultural heart of Pittsburgh, PA, the Gallery seeks to showcase the best of emerging and professional artist talent from across North America, and sell work at affordable prices through promotions and in-person events.
- "Under The Big Top" is open to any artists over age 18, within the United States and Canada.
- Work must be the original artwork, ready to display.
- The specific work must not have been previously displayed in a Vestige Concept Gallery exhibit.
- Work must be for sale. (No "NFS" or deliberate overpricing)
- No Giclees or reproductions of original works will be accepted unless the work itself is a Giclee or digital work of art. Aside from monoprints, any print works must have an edition number (Please note this in the media tag or signature, if applicable- e.g. "1 of 5," etc.)
- Applicants may submit up to ten (10) entries. Two (2) entries are included in the $28 application.
- An additional charge of $5 per entry is charged for any additional submissions over 2.
- APPLICATION DEADLINE is EXTENDED TO Monday, June 26th, at Midnight (MST)
- Artists will be notified of acceptance on Tuesday, June 27th on or before Midnight.
- Shipped works of art must arrive no later than Thursday, July 13th
- Note: For this opportunity, the 4th of July Holiday falls between acceptance and the show. Please factor this into your plans. Additional time has been factored in already for shipping to account for the holiday.
- Yes- local drop offs are ok, but not the day of the show and no drop offs if you live more than 1 state (or 8 hours) away from Pittsburgh with the exception of special installs.
CONDITIONS OF ACCEPTANCE
- Artists accepted into the show must reply email confirmation upon acceptance, and later, be willing to provide an artist pic, short bio, and web/social links (if applicable). These items are necessary for various promotions but do remain optional. By submitting this information, you provide Gallery all rights to post the work on their gallery website and on social media, unless otherwise discussed.
- Accepted artwork must be the actual artwork as seen in the submitted images. No substitutions. Gallery reserves the right to pull any artwork that differs from the images in the accepted submission. Any Giclées will automatically be pulled from the show unless it was initially stated that the work itself is a Giclée or digital print.
- Accepted artwork listed for sale must be for the price listed in the submission. No last-minute price changes.
- Vestige Concept Gallery retains a 30% commission for any artwork sold--please factor this into your pricing and update your pricing accordingly.
- Artists are responsible for shipping & optional shipping insurance to and from Vestige Concept Gallery. A return-service (RS) shipping label must be included. Fedex or UPS only. More instructions on shipping will follow during acceptance.
- Shipped work must be sent in reusable, sturdy boxes and marked with your name. No loose peanuts. Artwork framed with glass is the responsibility of the artist. Artwork with glass that arrives in broken condition may be pulled from the event if artist is unable to remedy the issue.
- Late or damaged work will not be exhibited.
- Art damaged in transit is solely the responsibility of the artist and shipper. Artwork may also be hand-delivered, if within range.
- Wall pieces MUST be securely wired, framed, and properly prepared for display. Painted edges and/or a clean edge (i.e. the edges were masked off prior to painting), are acceptable for paintings. Sawtooth is ok for photography and small work only, that weighs less than 5 pounds.
- 2D Work must not exceed 30lbs, including frame. 3D artists of a non-traditional nature may wish to inquire with the gallery first before submitting. "Traditional" means works such as (but not limited to) ceramics and sculptures that fit onto a pedestal. Traditional 3D generally should not require any inquiry.
- ORNATE AND/OR BARN STYLE FRAMES are subject to review upon arrival, and if deemed overwhelming, distracting, or egregious in size, may be removed from the show at the gallery discretion. Ornate, barn wood, and very old, historical looking frames should be avoided. If your work is already framed and you are unsure, please contact the gallery and include a picture.
- A "Yes" response on a special circumstance email (such as a question about 3D art or frames) does not indicate a "yes" acceptance into the show.
- Artists who "size jump" after acceptance (i.e. photography printed at larger sizes than initially stated, or adding super wide matting that increases the frame size), may be removed from the show at gallery discretion. Any concerns about final presentation on said items, please check with the gallery first.
- From time to time in certain exhibits, the gallery may choose to feature 1-2 artists and include their name in the subtitle of the show, below the main exhibit title.
JUN 26: EXTENDED Application deadline
JUN 27: Acceptance notification
JUL 13: Deadline for shipped or dropped-off work
JUL 15: Opening Reception
JUL/AUG: normal business hours
AUG 20-- Show closes and any unsold artwork is packaged and shipped back
Any questions please reach out to: email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in applying!
Minimum 2 work samples, Artist Bio and Statement
18+, US and Canada