Entry Fee (Entry Fee): $25.00
Media Fee(2nd Entry Fee): $10.00
Images | Minimum:Min. 1, Maximum:Max. 2
Total Samples | Minimum:Min. 1, Maximum:Max. 2
National Watercolor Society (NWS) and the Royal Scottish Society of Painters in Watercolour (RSW) 2024 International Exchange Exhibition is open to all Active NWS Members. Appx 100 paintings will be selected for the Online Virtual Exhibition, and 40 Paintings will be selected and shipped for the International Exchange.
Entry Fee: $25 for 1 image / $35 for 2 images (All entry fees are non-refundable without exceptions)
June 5 - Aug 2, 2023 Entries accepted at www.callforentry.org
Wed., August 2, 2023 Entry deadline
August 22, 2023 Accepted artists posted on NWS website
Sept 15, 2023 Absolute deadline for shipped art to arrive
Jan 6 – Feb 10, 2024 Exhibition in Edinburgh Scotland
Juror of Selection and Awards: Carolyn Latanision, NWS, AWS
Carolyn Latanision has been recognized for her efforts with many awards and by achieving Signature Membership in both the NWS and AWS along with Signature Membership in many other national societies including RMNW, HVAA and PAWCS among others. In 2017, her painting “Flanges, Bethlehem Steel” was chosen as the top award-winning painting and now is included in the NWS Permanent Collection. Carolyn teaches advanced, intermediate and beginning watercolor painters.
General Questions about the exhibition and entry contact
Judy Saltzman, NWS Director of Exhibitions at NWSExhibition@gmail.com
- Open to all Active NWS Members. If you are not currently a member please join as an Associate Member by going to the NWS website: www.nationalwatercolorsociety.org
- Artists must be 18 years or older.
- Artwork must be 8” x 8” (no exceptions) no mats, no frames. Presentation options are: (a) Paint to the edges of paper that's torn or cut to exactly 8"x8" which can be floated in the frame, or (b) Paint your image size to 8"x8" on a piece of paper that's slightly larger than the image and it will be matted to the image. Matting and framing will be done in Scotland.
- The Juror of Selection will select appx 100 paintings from the entries. All accepted artists will be displayed on the NWS online Sales Gallery (NWSExhibition.com) and eligible for awards. From the accepted paintings, forty (40) will be selected to be shipped to Edinburgh, Scotland as part of the international venue. Artists may enter 2 paintings; only 1 painting per artist is eligible for international exchange venue and awards. Both paintings, if accepted, are eligible for the online exhibition.
- Painting must be watermedia paintings on natural paper, synthetic paper or Yupo only. No collage, Aquabord, or canvas (no exceptions).
- No digital media, photography, prints, or reproductions.
- Originality: Your entry must be an original work of art, painted only by you; not produced in a class or workshop. Photo reference material must have been taken by you (including vintage photos).
- Accepted artwork for the international exchange venue will be shipped unmatted and unframed. All artwork will be matted and framed by RSW (in Scotland), who will retain the mats and frames at the end of the Exhibition.
SUBMISSION: Artwork can only be submitted online via CaFE. If you do not already have an account, click here to create your free account. (CaFE Specs / file type-jpeg or jpg / 1200 pixels or greater on longest side / max 5MB). Images must be cropped to exclude mat, frame and any background.
FEES, SALES AND LIABILITY:
- The Exhibition non-refundable entry fee is $25 for 1 image / $35 for 2 images. Payment is by paypal or credit card only.
- All work must be for sale and there are no price changes after acceptance. NWS is responsible for all sales and will retain a 30% commission. Also, NWS is due a 30% commission on “presold” paintings-those sold before the exhibition opens.
- Artwork in the Scotland venue will be labelled “For Exhibition Only” with no set prices (per Scottish Tax Laws). Acceptance for the Scotland Venue: All artwork must be shipped flat to NWS. Prepaid Return Shipping Label is required. There will be a handling fee of $40 payable by check to NWS. Upon acceptance you will receive full details.
- Scotland Venue selected artists only: Those artists that are selected for the Scotland venue need to contact Exhibition Director for shipping instructions (after acceptance).
- NWS and its representatives will take the utmost care but are not responsible for misrepresentation.
Open to all NWS Active members. Refer to artwork requirements.