Entry Fee (AN INTERNATIONAL FINE CRAFT COMPETITION & EXHIBITION): $35.00
Media Fee(Additional Image Fee): $5.00
Images | Minimum:Min. 1, Maximum:Max. 10
Total Samples | Minimum:Min. 1, Maximum:Max. 10
Event Dates: 1/20/24 - 3/2/24
This international fine craft competition sponsored by the Creative Arts League of Sacramento exclusively features handcrafted items. This competition will include everything from furniture to elegant vases and jewelry. Wall hangings to macramé and sculptures made from glass, clay, wood, metal and fiber. There are no material limits in this competition.
In our vision fine craft embodies the essence of human touch and the soul of each individual's artistic journey. Fine craft focuses on the skills of artisans as they transform raw materials into exceptional works of art. Each piece tells a story of dedication, passion, and creativity, reflecting the artist's unique vision and craftsmanship. Through their labor of love, everyday objects are elevated to new heights, becoming not just functional items, but cherished expressions of beauty and artistry.
We look forward to seeing what you have made, by hand!
We are excited to invite his year's guest juror Elizabeth Kozlowski
Combining her passion for textiles and contemporary scholarship, Elizabeth Kozlowski (she/her) is now serving her sixth year as Editor for the quarterly journal, Surface Design. Kozlowski has a M.A. with Honors in Museum Anthropology from Arizona State University and a B.F.A. in studio art, ceramics from Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton. She has been awarded numerous curatorial residencies and travel grants including the Curator-in-Residence program at Konstepidemin in Gothenburg, Sweden, 2024; the Creative New Zealand Cultural Exchange Grant, 2019; the Windgate ITE Scholar-in-Residence at the Center for Art and Wood, Philadelphia, 2017; and the Danish Arts Foundation International Research Grant in 2015 and 2017 respectively.
1st Place: $2,000
Peoples Choice: $350
A full-color catalog of the show will be available for purchase.
Online applications must be submitted by 5:00pm PST on December 1st, 2023
Show dates: January 20th-March 2nd, 2024
Notifications: Results will be sent by 5pm PST on December 15, 2023
Shipping deadline of work to Blue Line Arts: December 22, 2023
Hand deliver work to Blue Line Arts: January 14th and 15th, 2024 from 10am-3pm
Opening Reception: Saturday January 20th from 5 to 8pm.
Pick up any unsold work from Blue Line Arts: March 3rd & 4th, 2024 from 10am-3pm
If you have questions about submissions, please contact Blue Line Arts staff during gallery hours at (916) 783-4117 or at email@example.com
● Open to artists everywhere!
● All artwork must be original and completed within the last two years
● Artwork cannot have been previously exhibited at Blue Line Arts
● All wall pieces must be ready to hang
● All artwork must be for sale
● Accepted artwork that differs significantly from the image in online submission will be disqualified
● No accepted entry may be withdrawn or sold outside of the exhibition prior to the closing date
● Blue Line Arts handles all sales transactions. The artist agrees that the price submitted in this application will be the price that the work will be sold for and may not change hereafter. Please note, the gallery sales commission is 50/50 for Non-members or 60% commission for current Artist Members.
o Art must be able to enter through the doors with a clearance of 94”h x 91”w
o Ceilings in the gallery are 10 feet high
o Nothing over 80 lbs will be accepted
The artist is responsible to pay for all shipping and should have a prepaid label from FedEx or UPS (No US Mail) for the return of artwork. Please mark the outside of your box with your last name in bold letters also please use blue painters tape to wrap your artwork if you use bubble wrap.
All shipping of fragile art must be packed as in this link! Please see
Questions: If you have any questions about submissions, please contact Blue Line Arts staff during open hours at (916) 783-4117 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
There is a non-refundable entry fee of $35 for one artwork, $40 for two artworks, $45 for three artworks, etc.. up to ten pieces.
All artists must apply through Call for Entry below.
You must be 18 years or older to apply.
- Open to artists everywhere!
- All artwork must be original and completed within the last 2 years.
- Artwork cannot have been previously exhibited at Blue Line Arts
- All wall hung artworks must be ready to hang with appropriate hardware. All frames and canvases must have a wire installed prior to delivery.
- All artwork must be individually for sale
- No accepted entry may be withdrawn or sold outside of the exhibition prior to the closing date
- Blue Line Arts handles all sales transactions. Non-member artists receive a 50% commission from all gallery sales and members receive a 60% commission.
- Size limitations
- The artist is responsible to pay for all shipping and should have a prepaid label from FedEx or UPS (No US Mail) for return of artwork.