Images | Minimum:Min. 2, Maximum:Max. 3
Video | Minimum:Min. 0, Maximum:Max. 3
Total Samples | Minimum:Min. 2, Maximum:Max. 3
The Sandpoint Arts, Culture and Historic Preservation Commission invites artists to apply for the Silver Box Project, a Public Art on loan program. Three sculptures will be selected, for a one-year loan. The artwork will be mounted on stainless steel bases located in Downtown Sandpoint. These sculptures will be promoted through print and social media. Selected artwork/ artists will receive a $1000 honorarium. The City of Sandpoint may consider purchasing one or more of the selected sculptures to become a permanent part of the City of Sandpoint’s Public Art Collection. Only pieces priced at $10,000 or less will be considered for purchase.
The purpose of our public art programs is to enhance the public spaces of the city of Sandpoint by the introduction of art into the city environment and to promote the city as a center for artistic and cultural excellence. Sandpoint is a charming small town in northern Idaho. Located on the shores of Lake Pend Oreille surrounded by the Selkirk and Cabinet mountain ranges; with current population of approximately 9,000 people, Sandpoint is a cordial and welcoming town with a rich history that the community celebrates.
- The artwork must be an original work of art made by the submitting artist. The artist must own the rights to the artwork and artwork must be available for the duration of the approximate one-year contract
- The artwork may not contain advertising, religious references, sexual content, or convey political partisanship
- Artwork must be durable in outdoor conditions, including snow and ice and surfaces must not be prone to environmental degradation, example: unsealed rust
- The artwork shall not have kinetic elements or water features
- Artwork must be structurally safe for display in public and must not have the potential to cause injury. All components must be securely fastened
- Artwork must arrive in the same condition as portrayed in the application photographs. The commission reserves the right to refuse artwork if it does not match the photographs submitted
- Artwork minimum size: 24” x 24” x 24”, maximum size, 48” x 48” x 48”
- The footprint of the artwork must be able to be securely bolted onto a 16” x 16” x 1/4” powder coated steel attachment plate. The city will provide a mounting plate template pdf at time of selection. Installation method for artwork should be welded tabs or a similar easy install method using bolts
- Artwork must weigh no more than 300 pounds
The project is open to all artists residing in the United States regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, or physical or mental disability, etc. Artist teams are eligible to apply, including teams of artists from multiple disciplines. Selection panelists and their immediate family members are not eligible for participation. Artists must be 18 years of age. Must complete and sign the Artist Loan Agreement with the City of Sandpoint.