Entry Fee (Angelico Annual Juried Show): $50.00
Images | Minimum:Min. 1, Maximum:Max. 8
Total Samples | Minimum:Min. 1, Maximum:Max. 8
The Angelico Catholic Arts Guild is an outreach of the Angelico Project specifically to Artists. The Guild’s mission is
to enrich the faith and work of artists;
to nurture a taste for Goodness, a longing for Truth, and a love of Beauty;
to deepen the artist’s relationship with the Creator;
to build networks of artists in friendships, collaborations, and mentorships.
The goal of this exhibition is to showcase excellent fine art works produced by artists in the greater Cincinnati Region that are a visual exploration of invisible realities e.g., love, hope, the Creator’s imagination, etc, and of the created world; artwork that moves the viewer to prayer.
Submitted Artwork does not need to be of a religious nature but should evidence elements of Goodness, Truth, and Beauty; witness to the dignity of the human person; attest to the reality of the spiritual life; and demonstrate mastery of the artist’s medium.
Twenty-first Century Catholic art will be a new reflection of Beauty ever ancient, ever new! It must be excellent in concept and craft.
Eligibility: All Artists, Catholic and non-Catholic, all people of good will are welcome.
This exhibition is open to any artist over the age of 18, professional or amateur. Artists must reside in the Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky region. All entries must be original, by the submitting artist. Limit three entries per artist. Work may be for sale or not-for-sale (NFS).
The focus of the jurying process will be on excellence in concept, technique, and expression; work that will inspire and move the heart and mind toward the Good, True and Beautiful.
The Very Rev. Anthony R. Brausch, PhD. Father Anthony is President and Rector of Mt St Mary's Seminary and School of Theology and Assistant Professor of Philosophy. He is an inspiring speaker and teacher and has a profound sense of the importance of Beauty in art and life.
Marta Misleh is an accomplished portrait artist. Her work, done in black and white to showcase the simple beauty in God's complex creation, depicts the natural state of these individuals who though living in the world embodied the holiness of heavenly Grace. Marta is a lifelong educator with a degree in Elementary Education and has served as a catechist for the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd.
Please Note — accepted artwork must be hand delivered.
DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES: September 15, 2023
Notification of Artists September 20, 2023
Delivery of Artwork September 27, 2023
Exhibition Runs September 30, 2023- October 11, 2023
Opening Reception Saturday, September 30 | 6-9 PM
Woman’s Art Club of Cincinnati
6980 Cambridge Avenue
Mariemont, OH 45227
for up to three entries
Pay Entry Fee online at time of submission or pay by check to The Angelico Project.
Checks must be received by September 15, 2023.
Mail to: The Angelico Project
PO Box 18092
Cincinnati, Ohio 45218
· Entries are digital and must be submitted online at CaFÉ.
Fee Payment — CaFÉ website at time of entry submission or by check made out to The Angelico Project as noted above. Checks must be received by September 15, 2023, in order for submission entry to be eligible for the competition/exhibition. Artists will be notified when checks are received.
· Media: painting, illumination, sculpture, printmaking, drawing, photography, work in precious metals, enamel, liturgical textiles.
· All work must be of original concept and design. Copies of existing works are not eligible.
Work created in an instructional setting, including, but not limited to, workshops and art classes, are not considered original artwork. The focus of the jurying process will be on concept and excellence in craftsmanship.
· Maximum entries, three (3). (Entrance fee is the same for one, two or three entries.)
· Work may be for sale or Not-For-Sale (NFS). The WACC will receive 20% of any sale.
· Frames are required for most 2-D pieces — exceptions are gallery-wrap stretched canvas showing no bare or stapled edges, wall-mounted pieces designed to be displayed without frames (for example: fabric pieces, works on panels, wall sculptures, 2-D glass art, etc.) All works must be delivered ready-to-hang with all appropriate hanging hardware — saw-tooth hangers are not appropriate and will not be accepted.
· Size of wall art, including frame, must not exceed 40″ x 40″.
· Sculpture, glass, and other 3-D art work must be of a measurement to be exhibited atop a pedestal measuring 20″x20″x39″.
· Needlework, Fibre Art and Small items such as jewelry must include display props.
- Accepted work must be hand-delivered and retrieved. No shipped works will be accepted.
Eligibility: The Angelico Project and the Angelico Catholic Arts Guild welcome all Artists, Catholic and non-Catholic. All people of good will are welcome.
This exhibition is open to any artist over the age of 18, professional or amateur. Artists must reside in the Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky region. All entries must be original, by the submitting artist. Limit three entries per artist.
June 1, 2023, the Call active on CaFE
September 15, 2023 entries close
September 21, 2023 entrants notified of jury results
September 27, 2023 work drop off at the Barn
September 30, 2023, 6-9 pm Opening Reception
October 11, 2023 Artwork pick up