Entry Fee (Jury Fee - 33rd Annual All Florida Juried Art Show): $40.00
Artist Membership to MartinArts (optional - new or renewal): $35.00
Images | Minimum:Min. 1, Maximum:Max. 3
Total Samples | Minimum:Min. 1, Maximum:Max. 3
Event Dates: 1/9/24 - 3/2/24
Jury Dates: 10/6/23 - 10/22/23
A Juried Exhibition presented by MartinArts | www.martinarts.org
MartinArts invites artists residing in Florida to participate in its 33rd Annual All Florida Juried Art Show. Selected works will be exhibited at the Court House Cultural Center from January 9 – March 2, 2024. This annual exhibition draws visitors and patrons from across the region each year and is an exciting opportunity for Florida artists to share their work and creativity within our community. Over $1000 in awards and prizes will be given along with print and digital promotional marketing opportunities for participating artists.
Located in historic downtown Stuart, MartinArts has been a leader in the arts community since 1980. MartinArts strives to inspire participation and passion for the arts in our community. MartinArts provides services to visual and performing artists, arts organizations, students, and various programs for the community including ArtsFest, MartinArts Awards, Court House Cultural Center Gallery, and maintains an initiative to support arts education.
Location and Hours
- Court House Cultural Center, 80 SE Ocean Blvd., Stuart, Florida 34994 | 772-287-6676
- Gallery hours* are Tuesday 10AM to 6PM | Wednesday - Saturday, 10AM to 4PM (*during exhibits only)
January 9 – March 2, 2024
- Submission Deadline: October 1, 2023 11:59 PM, Mountain Time
- Selection notice: on or before November 1, 2023
- Exhibition Opening Reception & Awards: Friday, January 12, 2024, 5:30 – 7PM
Open to all Florida Artists in all Media.
First $500, Second $200, Third $100 and up to four Honorable Mentions $50.
To reach inside and free the creative child within each of us is basically what my art is about. I might begin with a used air conditioner filter as in “Dust to Dust” or a bright red cloth tie as in “Man Under Paints With Red Tie”, but from that point I seldom know what direction the work will take. I simply “follow paths through the woods” as I did as a child growing up near the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia. I played in the mud a lot, then grew up and played in the muddy paint a lot. When I played I learned that some good things sometimes happened. Then I learned that I could get the good things that happened to grow like a plant until the whole canvas would sometimes be a good thing.
It is probably from dust that we come and to dust that we go, but in between there is growth. When all is said and done, how much we have grown determines the richness of the soil we leave on which others will trod. From the muddy mess I often make in art and life is born the lesson of humility and discovery.
The idealism of my youth and the realism of adult life run head-on in my work to form an expression that merges seriousness with playfulness and superficiality with depth. Somewhere inside that depth is an innocent child, a very good person who can touch nature, and when I visit with him (or her) I learn to love, to fly, to live. To this day it is that sincere, sensitive child seeing and feeling nature that my art echoes and that moves my spirit to create my mixed media “layered” paintings. I only wish there were more days when he could come out to play.
Entry Form, Fee and Deadline
- Applications, fees and images must be received by CaFÉ (www.callforentry.org) on or before October 1, 2023, by 11:59 PM Mountain Time to be considered. No applications, images or fees will be accepted after the deadline or by mail.
- A non-refundable entry fee of $40.00 for up to three (3) entries. A maximum of three (3) entries may be submitted per artist. Credit Card and PayPal payments are submitted through CaFÉ.
- MartinArts Member Artists receive a $5 discount. Please contact Jennifer Hearn, 772.287.6676 x2 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, Monday - Friday 10AM-4PM to check member status and get the Member Artist Code BEFORE you submit your application.
- If you are new to the CaFE site, click the “HOW TO APPLY” link in the blue bar at the top of the page, and it will walk you through registering as an artist, setting up your portfolio with images, and then returning to this call to complete the application.
Artwork & Digital Images
- For each submitted image please include the title, medium, price, year completed, and the FRAMED size for 2D or all dimensions for 3D/sculpture.
- Write a detailed description of the medium for all work.
- 2D work must be properly framed with wire attached for hanging, using plexi-glass only, no glass. Gallery wrapped canvases with finished edges are acceptable. Maximum framed width to be no larger than 60". 3D work limited to 70 lbs maximum weight.
- 2D and 3D original work in all media completed in the last 36 months and not previously exhibited at the Court House Cultural Center, The Elliott Museum, or any other local art exhibit held within 50 miles either in person or virtually.
- Giclees will be accepted in photography only.
Artwork - Delivery & Return
- In person - Artists are responsible for making necessary arrangements to drop off and pick up their artwork.
- Shipped - Artists are financially responsible for shipping (arrival and return). Shipped work must be insured during transport and sent in reusable containers. All claims for artwork damaged in shipment are the responsibility of the artist and shipper.
- MartinArts provides insurance coverage for artwork on its property from date of delivery to the day artwork is picked up and will not be held responsible for unclaimed artwork after close of the show.
- A 25% donation benefiting MartinArts will be deducted from all sales.
If you have issues with the online application, please call Jennifer at 772-287-6676 (x2) or email questions to email@example.com - please mention “All Florida Juried Show” in the subject line of the email.