Days remaining to deadline: 33
Entry Fee (Entry Fee): $35.00
Images | Minimum:Min. 7, Maximum:Max. 10
Video | Minimum:Min. 0, Maximum:Max. 3
Total Samples | Minimum:Min. 7, Maximum:Max. 10
Event Dates: 2/1/25 - 11/30/25
Artists and creatives residing in Alaska are invited to submit digital images and/or videos of artwork for possible solo, group, or curated exhibitions in the Bear Gallery for the year 2025. February through November, the Bear Gallery shows two exhibitions by Alaskan artists/artist groups working in a variety of media to local and out-of-town visitors of Fairbanks. Applications are selected on the merit of the work samples and artist statement. Applicants will be notified of their application status in early 2024.
Exhibition types include:
Solo Exhibition: One artist
Group Exhibition: Separate works of two or more artists
Curated Exhibition: Curator selects theme, conceptual focus, and included artwork
Submitted applications are reviewed by a panel of professional Alaskan artists through a blind jury process. Work samples should be cohesive and illustrate the artist’s ability to create a strong body of work.
Fairbanks Arts’ goals for the exhibition year include:
- Showcasing contemporary artwork created by Alaskan artists. If selected for an exhibition, artwork in the exhibition must be completed within the last 2 years.
- A diverse range of exhibitions in media, subject matter, and artists’ backgrounds.
- Exhibitions that facilitate community engagement and dialogue. Fairbanks Arts strives to create connections among our community through the arts, and exhibitions that bring together individuals, groups, organizations, or various parts of the Fairbanks/statewide community further this goal.
Application Notes: Artists may submit only one solo application. Group or curated applications consisting of a juried component or a call for entry that would take place in the gallery, or that ask for an exhibition-specific entry fee cannot be submitted for portfolio review. Curated and group exhibitions must have an organizing representative.
Application submission constitutes an agreement to meet the gallery’s scheduling needs for the exhibition year beginning February 2025. Any selected artist unable to meet the gallery’s schedule will have to re-apply for review the following year.
- Up to 10 images/videos of work completed in the last 5 years.
- No less than 7 and no more than 10 work samples must be uploaded in the "My Portfolio" section of CaFE. Samples should reflect high-quality work completed within the last five years. Up to three video files may be uploaded (this is included in the maximum of 10 uploads).
- Work samples should be cohesive and illustrate the artist’s ability to create a strong body of work. Samples submitted do not commit the artist(s) to show specific artwork in the gallery.
- Group exhibitions: please submit at least one image/video of an artwork by each participating artist.
- Artist statement: The blind jury will review the artist statement. The inclusion of any names or studio names will result in Fairbanks Arts discarding the statement. See the artist statement section for more information.
- Artist resume: Applicable for solo, curated, and small group exhibitions only. Not to exceed two pages and must be submitted as a PDF. Resumes should include relevant education, training, and gallery exhibitions. The artist resume is not visible to the review panel. Resumes are not required for group or curated exhibitions.
Current Fairbanks Arts Association Members: $30.00*
Non-member: $35.00. To become a Fairbanks Arts Association Member click here.
*Must contact email@example.com to receive coupon code
DEADLINE: October 31, 2023, at 9:59 pm AKDT
Visit our website for more information.
Phone: (907) 251-8386 ext. 3
This call is open to residents of Alaska ages 18 or older. To be considered a resident for the purposes of this application, artists must reside in Alaska six months out of the year. An individual artist or group of artists may have an exhibition in the Bear Gallery once every four years. Artists and/or groups who have had an exhibition prior to 2021 are eligible for consideration this year (curated exhibits are not subject to this policy).