Entry Fee (Coppel Arts Council): $15.00
Images | Minimum:Min. 1, Maximum:Max. 3
Total Samples | Minimum:Min. 1, Maximum:Max. 3
Event Dates: 4/25/21 - 4/25/21
This call for art is open to Artists from Texas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Colorado, Arizona, Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri, Louisianna and Mississippi that are 18 years of age or older.
CAC will award a stipend to up to 10 professional sculptures that are appropriate for public viewing and supports the family / community- oriented values of Coppell. Sculptures are owned by the artist and are loaned to the exhibit for a two-year period. All sculptures musts be safe for a public setting and made of materials that can withstand the harsh Texas weather and not require any maintenance. The honorarium is $1,800 dollars with an additional $500 awarded to the People’s Choice. CAC does conduct fundraising to purchase a sculpture and gift to the town. Due to the scale and openness of the area large, monumental sculptures are encouraged.
- Artist are to provide all fasteners and other hardware to attach artwork to concrete pads. The City of Coppell will provide a lift and additional labor to help place the sculpture and install fasteners. Any installation equipment required beyond a fork- lift will need to be supplied by the artist.
- The artist may list the work as for sale while on exhibit. CAC will receive a 20% commission for any works sold during the exhibition.
- The artist is responsible for delivering the work to site during the installation periods of August 30th September 15th , 2023. The Artist must pick-up art work August 30, 2025 – September 15th, 2023. Early pick-up of work is not permitted unless a sculpture is sold and then the artist has the option to replace with another sculpture approved by the Coppell Arts Council.
- During the period of exhibition the artwork will be covered by the City of Coppell’s Insurance policy. The artist will be responsible for the works prior to the anchor bolts / fasteners being installed and after the anchor bolts / fasteners are removed.
- Sculpture pad size is 8” thick concrete, 4’ X 4’ square . All installations must be able to be anchored to a pad meeting these requirements. At the discretion of CAC 1-2 sculptures requiring up to an 8' x 8' concrete pad may be selected for substantial works.
- The artist must deliver the selected sculpture. Coppell Arts Council will not be responsible for shipping. No substitutions are allowed. If a concept is submitted to the jury the built sculpture must be delivered within the required time frame and be identical to the proposed concept.
- Juried sculpture selection process is used and the selections of the jury are final.
- Submissions are evaluated on artistic merit, public safety, appropriateness, durability in the outdoors and creativity
- Artists working in mixed media, stone, brass and metal are encouraged to apply. Artists working in both abstract and figurative styles are encouraged to apply.
Artists will also be asked to be interviewed for a public art app produced by Ottocast.
Each artist can submit up to 3 pieces of work for consideration. Upload one image of each submission to your CAFE entry.
Please submit one photo of each art work you would like to be considered for installation. Provide the title, year it was created and dimensions.
All Artists from Texas and adjoining states.