Images | Minimum:Min. 1, Maximum:Max. 10
Video | Minimum:Min. 0, Maximum:Max. 2
Total Samples | Minimum:Min. 3, Maximum:Max. 10
1. Project Intent
The Bicentennial Park group of the Bicentennial Macon 200 seeks artists to submit qualifications for public artwork(s) in the Bicentennial Park. The park is adjacent to the Ocmulgee National Historical Park and the Mill Hill Community Center. The artwork(s) will be sited in locations within the greater Park site. The artwork (s) shall reflect on the history of Macon.
This artwork (s) should:
• Commemorate the history of Macon evoking emotion. Macon’s history includes hurt, segregation, harshness – many feelings that can be acknowledged.
• Create interest in and around healing past and present, reconciliation and restoration.
• Inspire people to see the Macon community with hope and a spirit for equity, empathy, social justice, and wholeness of community for the future.
The artwork (s) must be durable, low maintenance, and appropriate to a selected location. The artist (s) should take into consideration the high amount of pedestrian traffic in the Park. All artwork (s) must be safe to touch and not present a hazard. All artwork (s) will be outside and exposed to the elements of weather, temperature and all the outdoors can bring.
Works in a variety of media and forms will be considered. The art can be in functional elements such as seating, shelters, and tables.
The project is open to all artists, age 18 and over, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or physical or mental disability. Artist teams are eligible to apply, including teams of artists from multiple disciplines.
3. How to Apply to the RFQ
Artists interested in this project shall prepare and submit the following:
1. Letter of Interest: The letter should be brief – 1 page limit – explaining the artist’s interest in the project.
2. Current resume: Artists shall submit a current resume. If submitting as a team, a current resume should be submitted for each team member.
3. Work Samples: Pictures of the artists’ work shall be submitted. The format is up to the artist. Copies of pictures, thumb drives, web site links are acceptable. Include as much information as possible about every piece submitted – artist name, date, medium, size, location, if the project was commissioned and the commission budget.
4. References: Include professional references with contact information.
5. Artist contact information – Phone number and Email. Please ensure that the Panel can contact you.
Artists interested in being considered should submit the materials requested above before 3:00 pm on August 10th.
If a physical address is needed: Historic Macon, 950 3rd Street, Macon, GA 31201
• RFQ ‘s Due to the Park Group August 10, 2023
• RFQ Panel will select artist’s that will be invited to prepare Proposals. August 11, 2023
5. After the RFQ
• Artists selected to submit Proposals will be asked to prepare artwork (s) proposals. This is a request for the artists to undertake conceptual design for the project and the site.
• Artists will receive a stipend to create a full Proposal. The details of the RFP, stipend and schedule will be announced with the selection on August 11, 2023.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
Work Samples: Pictures of the artists’ work shall be submitted. The format is up to the artist. Copies of pictures, thumb drives, web site links are acceptable. Include as much information as possible about every piece submitted – artist name, date, medium, size, location, if the project was commissioned and the commission budget.
Artists over the age of 18.