Entry Fee (Entry Fee): $35.00
Images | Minimum:Min. 1, Maximum:Max. 3
Total Samples | Minimum:Min. 1, Maximum:Max. 3
State: New York
Event Dates: 10/13/23 - 11/18/23
Manhattan Graphics Center (MGC) is pleased to announce its 2023 National Print Exhibition, a juried competition and exhibition devoted to fine art prints.
EXHIBITION DATES: October 13–November 18, 2023
JUROR: Miguel A. Aragón
Miguel A. Aragón (*Juárez, México) lives and works in New York City (USA) and Berlin (Germany); he is an Associate Professor in Printmaking at CUNY College of Staten Island.
Aragón has exhibited internationally at venues including the Frances Young Tang Teaching Museum and Art Gallery, Saratoga Springs, NY; Uferhallen, Berlin, Germany and the Society of Northern Alberta Print-Artists, Canada to name a few. His awards and residences include NYSCA/NYFA Artist Fellowship; KALA Art Institute fellowship and residency, Berkeley, CA; Zygote Press, Cleveland, OH; East London Printmakers Keyholder Residency, London UK; and Till Richter Museum, Buggenhagen, Germany among many others. His work is held in collections including the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston; National Museum of Mexican Art, Chicago; and Minneapolis Institute of Art. Aragón’s work has been published in A Survey of Contemporary Printmaking (Greenville, NC: Wellington B. Gray Gallery, 2012), Peenemünde Project: Geschichte wird Kunst / Imprinting History (Berlin: Edition Braus, 2017) and ¡Printing the Revolution!: The Rise and Impact of Chicano Graphics, 1965 to Now (Washington, DC: Smithsonian American Art Museum; Princeton: in association with Princeton University Press, 2020). Most recently, in 2022 he was nominated for The Queen Sonja Print Award, Oslo, Norway; and was awarded the 2022 SGC International Mid-career Printmaker award.
$35; $30 Manhattan Graphics Center members; maximum of 3 works.
Non-refundable. Payable by credit card at callforentry.org
Entry Deadline: September 8, 2023, 11:59 PM MDT
Acceptance notification: September 16, 2023
Accepted work due: October 7, 2023
Exhibition: October 13–November 18, 2023
Reception: Friday, October 13, 6–8PM
Return of work: November 27–December 9, 2023
$500 - 1st place
$300 - 2nd place
$200 - 3rd place
Prize winners will have the opportunity to speak about their work at the reception. They will be notified in advance so there is ample time to prepare.
- Work must be packed in reusable packaging suitable for return shipping
- Artists are responsible for all shipping costs. Prepaid return shipping labels must be provided and include insurance
- Accepted work due: September 30, 2023
- Return of work: November 27–December 9, 2023
- Sales will be encouraged
- Artists will receive 60% of the sale price and MGC will retain a 40% commission
- Work sold from the exhibit may be shipped by MGC if requested by the purchaser. The purchaser will be responsible for shipping costs
- MGC will facilitate sales If the artist makes additional copies of their prints available.
- Artists will be responsible for packing and shipping sold works to the buyer as well as the shipping cost. Work must be shipped in a timely manner after the sale, no later than one week after MGC has notified you of the sale.
- The Artist agrees to take all care to professionally pack the work for shipment, with a paper or Tyvek layer surrounding the work plus a rigid/unbendable exterior. Please label: ARTWORK — DO NOT BEND.
- Please insure the work for the full value when shipping. This will add $5-15 to the shipping cost. Be sure to retain your receipt in the event that a damage or loss claim is necessary.
- Please choose tracking options when you ship and confirm that the work has been successfully delivered in good condition to the buyer. We also recommend a signature requirement.
- Please forward confirmation of receipt by the buyer to MGC staff at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Successful shipment, with no damages, must be confirmed before payment can be sent to the artist.
- Artists will be paid for sales after the exhibition ends. Payments can be expected to be received within 30 days from close of exhibition (December 19, 2023)
- Payments can be made by check or PayPal. Please note that it will take longer to process and mail physical checks
Failure to meet any of these requirements will result in automatic disqualification.
- Works must contain some form of printmaking, ie.: Intaglio, Silkscreen, Relief, Monotype, Lithography, Collagraph, or Risograph.
- Works must be 2-dimensional.
- Works must be dated 2020 or later.
- All artwork entered must be for sale.
- Photographs or reproductions of artwork originally produced in another medium will not be considered.
- Maximum paper size: 22 x 30”
- No framed work. Work will be hung with magnets.
- No substitutions or early removal of work is permitted
Filling out this entry form constitutes an agreement by the entrant to all conditions stated in this prospectus and includes permission to use images of the exhibited work in print or online media for promotional, educational, or archival purposes.
Manhattan Graphics Center and the juror reserve the right to disqualify work that differs substantially from submitted images
Artists must reside in the United States and be at least 18 years of age to enter.