Entry Fee (Entry Fee): $35.00
Images | Minimum:Min. 1, Maximum:Max. 3
Total Samples | Minimum:Min. 1, Maximum:Max. 3
Event Dates: 10/5/23 - 1/7/24
Jury Dates: 9/5/23 - 9/8/23
The 22nd Annual Lone Tree Fine Art Expo is presented by the City of Lone Tree and the Lone Tree Arts Commission. This juried exhibition runs October 5th, 2023 – January 7th, 2024 at the Lone Tree Arts Center, 10075 Commons Street, Lone Tree, Colorado, 80124.
Painting (oil, acrylic, tempera, encaustic)
Drawing (pastel, pencil, charcoal)
Mixed Media (collage or combination of any media)
Sculpture (cannot exceed 24") no more than 8 will be accepted
Artists will receive an email notification from CaFÉ™ stating artwork that is “Invited” or “Not Invited” to the Art Exhibition by September 9th, 2023. (Artists may receive up to two emails as artwork categorized as Invited and Not Invited will appear in separate notifications.)
Artwork must be gallery ready and have appropriate hardware that is compatible with our Arakawa Hanging System. This hanging system uses a clip in mechanism which requires that all wall mounted work have D-rings AND Picture Wire. Saw tooth hangers and French cleats will NOT be accepted. Wall mounted work may not exceed 45 pounds and must be framed (matted highly suggested) or gallery wrapped. Exposed glass edges are not acceptable. A label must be attached to the back of artwork identifying artist, title, category, and price. Entries not meeting specifications, or which are fragile or damaged will not be hung.
October 3rd, 2023
Lone Tree Arts Center
3pm – 6pm
October 11th, 2023
Lone Tree Arts Center
7pm – 9pm
January 8th, 2024
Lone Tree Arts Center
3pm – 6pm
2023 Juror: Eriq Hochuli
Eriq earned his undergraduate degree from the University of Albany in New York. He continued his education in the capital region, completing a master’s program in visual arts education and working as a student-teacher in surrounding cities to complete his New York State certification.
Eriq has been the Curator at Foothills Art Center for four years bringing a remarkably diverse array of exhibitions and experiences for the community.
Selections for the exhibition are made via callforentry.org (CaFÉ™) from JPEG images. Awards are made by the juror in person and include the final presentation of the artwork. Prize money will be awarded to each winner. Awards include: Best of Show and Commissioner’s Choice award, Painting First Place and Second Place, Drawing First Place and Second Place, Watercolor First Place and Second Place, Mixed Media First Place and Second Place, and Sculpture First Place and Second Place.
A 20% sales commission will be applied to all sales. Accepted artists may sell bin work at the opening reception ONLY. Artists may provide their own bin or request a bin from the Lone Tree Arts Center prior to the opening reception. Our bins are limited so they will be given out on a first come first serve basis so put your request in early. Artists must bring bin work on the day of the reception, October 11th, 2023. We ask that all artists provide a bio and details on how attendees can view additional works and get in contact with them. A 3-ring binder will be made available with this information throughout the exhibit. Artwork may not be removed by the artist or the purchaser prior to the end of the exhibition.
Questions and Information:
For Art Exhibition questions, please contact the CaFÉ™ Technical Support team at 303.629.1166 or contact Allissa Dailey at 720.509.1011 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Artists are eligible to submit up to three pieces of artwork in the following categories: Painting (oil, acrylic, tempera, encaustic), Drawing (pastel, pencil, charcoal), Watercolor, Mixed Media & Sculpture.
A non-refundable entry fee of $35 is required. Fees may be paid via credit card on CaFÉ™ or check made payable to the City of Lone Tree and mailed to: Lone Tree Arts Center, c/o Art Expo, 10075 Commons Street, Lone Tree, CO, 80124.
(1) digital image per piece of artwork submitted.
Must be local or within driving distance. No work will be accepted by mail or delivery service.
- The artwork must be original in concept and designed and executed by the artist.
- Dimensions of artwork provided must be the final size of the artwork, including the frame (if it has one).
- The artwork should be non-offensive to a general audience of all ages.
- Artwork must have been completed within the last three years (2020-2023) AND not shown previously in a Lone Tree art exhibition.
- Artwork must be available for purchase.
- Accepted works of art must remain on display through the duration of the exhibit. They cannot be picked up earlier than the listed pick-up date.
- Three dimensional artwork cannot exceed 24" and not weigh more than 75 pounds.
- Two dimensional media cannot exceed 48", must be a minimum of 12" and cannot weigh more than 45 pounds.
- All work must be dropped off in person, no shipments will be accepted. You or someone you designate must be able to drop-off your work on Tuesday, October 3rd between the hours of 3pm – 6pm ; pick-up your work on Monday, January 8th between the hours of 3pm – 6pm.