Days remaining to deadline: 12
Entry Fee (Entry Fee): $35.00
Images | Minimum:Min. 1, Maximum:Max. 3
Total Samples | Minimum:Min. 1, Maximum:Max. 3
State: New Mexico
Remarque Print Workshop is delighted to announce the Fourth Annual non-juried Remarque Print Exchange. Joining a print exchange is a great way to interact with printmakers around the world, to get some exposure for your work, and to see the techniques and creativity of many different artists. It’s also a great way to gain focus for your work! Our goal at Remarque Print Shop is to encourage as many people as possible to explore the world of printmaking, and this Print Exchange is a non-competitive way for experienced and novice printmakers to join the community of printmakers. All entries will be accepted to participate. Artists are asked to produce an edition of 11 prints that will be distributed to all participants and each artist will in turn receive prints from ten other artists.
Application deadline: December 17, 2023
Prints Due at Remarque: January 22, 2024
Here’s the process:
• We ask each participating artist to print an edition of eleven original prints and mail them to us. We then sort all the prints and randomly make a selection of ten prints to be sent back to the participating artist.
• We retain one print from every edition we receive, to be exhibited and potentially sold to benefit our educational scholarship fund. Prints will also be included in an online gallery, and we will use some of the images to promote the Remarque Print Exchange.
• The Remarque Print Exchange is open to all U.S. printmakers and is limited to 200 participants, in order of registration. A non-refundable entry fee is required. All who register will be able to participate! (up to 200).
• The Print Exchange accepts all types of hand-pulled prints, including, but not limited to: relief, intaglio, monotype, silkscreen, lithography, photogravure, as well as combinations of print-making techniques. Contact us for any clarification.
• The prints should be editioned, maintaining reasonable consistency throughout, and should be numbered from 1/11 to 11/11
•You may retain artist proofs (marked A/P) only. Titles are optional. Because of size restrictions, you may sign and number your prints on the back instead of the front. Also, please print your name clearly on the back of each print.
• Please, no digital prints and no photography (hand pulled prints using photographic elements are ok!).
• Paper size of the prints should be 8” x 10” The image can be smaller, but we can’t accept any larger paper sizes.
•The entry fee is $35 for US participants. (No out of country entries, sorry.) This includes the return shipping of the package of your ten other prints. We do have a limited number of vouchers for artists who simply cannot afford the fee. Contact us for info. (First come first served.) NOTE: We are not jurying your entry, all entries will be accepted. The image you upload to CAFE is for reference only. The editioned prints you submit to the Print Exchange need not match the image on your entry; we are happy to be surprised! All who pay the registration will be able to participate.
•Please register and pay on CAFE. Once we receive your registration we will follow up with any further submission instructions. Once you have completed your entry, please start working on our edition! We are not jurying the entries, so you don’t have to wait for the end of the call. Again, images you upload on Cafe are only to give us an idea of your work.
•Your submission must be packaged in a single shipment. We recommend sandwiching prints in cardboard inside a padded envelope and a slip- sheet between each print with interleaving, glassine, or newsprint. Please make the interleaving sheets the same size as the paper of the print.
Send shipment to:
Remarque Print Exchange
c/o Lincoln Draper
346 Tyler NW
Los Ranchos, NM 87107
Dates and Deadlines
October 19: Official registration opening date. (We appreciate early registrations and submissions)
December 17: Registration closes. (Note that we'll close registration as soon as 200 artists sign up, which may be before this deadline.)
January 22: Work Due at Remarque. We must receive your edition by this date.
February 2: Print Exchange Opening Reception at Remarque Print Workshop, online gallery available for viewing
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or comments.
Participants, we'll be emailing you at the address you provided when you registered. Please contact us ASAP if your email address changes!
We would like to thank the amazing folks at Whitaker Printmakers for creating the template upon which this call and description were based, and we encourage our applicants to check out their print exchange as well: www.whitprint.com/emerald-print-exchange
All artists must pay the 35.00 entry fee, and then submit an edition of 11 prints for distribution among the participants in the print exchange.
All printmakers in the United States. No reproductions.