Days remaining to deadline: 60
Entry Fee (Entry Fee): $35.00
Media Fee(Additional Entry): $10.00
Images | Minimum:Min. 2, Maximum:Max. 3
Total Samples | Minimum:Min. 2, Maximum:Max. 3
Sculpture Evergreen merged with Center for the Arts Evergreen (CAE) on January 1, 2023. The two organizations finalized an agreement to become one, with Sculpture Evergreen becoming a part of CAE. Over the years, Sculpture Evergreen created a highly-respected program of public art acquisition to beautify open spaces and public buildings in Evergreen, CO, in the foothills west of Denver. A critical component of Sculpture Evergreen's mission is the annual Sculpture Walk, and Center for the Arts Evergreen is proud to continue this legacy.
Initiated in 1999, this is a juried exhibition of up to 16 large sculptures suitable for OUTDOOR DISPLAY. All works must be original. A stipend of $1,200 will be awarded for each accepted sculpture. In addition, there is a Juried Award of $1,000 for artistic excellence. Sculptures will be on display for 1 year until June 1, 2025.
Sculptures will be installed Saturday, June 8, 2024. Artists must be present for their installation. Artists must also be present for the deinstallation during the first week of June 2025. CAE shall make reasonable efforts to sell the art during the Sculpture Walk.
Sculptures must be soundly and professionally constructed to withstand wind gusts up to 75 mph, which are common in Evergreen. Sculptures must have a steel mounting plate for welding to a pedestal, have another suitable attachment method, or be of sufficient weight and durability that the sculpture can be safely and securely placed on the ground without toppling or being removed in an unauthorized fashion. Sculptures must be at least 4 feet tall to be eligible. Many of our sites require larger sculptures, and pieces standing between 4-12 feet in height have the best chance of being chosen. If, for any reason, the artwork does not meet the requirements set forth, Center for the Arts Evergreen reserves the right to reject the final artwork.
The $35.00 entry fee includes entry for two pieces. Artists may add a third piece for an additional $10.00.
All works must be original. Accepted works must be identical to the images submitted. Our website will provide insight into the variety of locations available throughout Evergreen. For more information about the Sculpture Walk, go to https://evergreenarts.org/sculpture-evergreen/
All sculptures will be listed for sale in our published brochure and on our website. CAE shall act as agent for the artist's sculptures included in the Walk. Your sculpture may be purchased outright by one of the area's many art patrons or by Center for the Arts Evergreen. CAE receives a 25% commission on any sales occurring during the time the sculpture is included in the Walk. CAE may elect to purchase the art for itself or in partnership with other entities, in which case the artist will grant CAE a 25% discount off the purchase price. Since the inception of this competition, more than 35 pieces have been purchased for inclusion in Evergreen's permanent collection and many more have been purchased by individuals. CAE shall make reasonable efforts to sell the art during the walk
Artists will be notified of acceptance by email and phone in mid-February, 2024. Sculptures must arrive in Evergreen on Friday, June 7, 2024 and will be installed the following day, Saturday, June 8, 2024. Artists must be present for the installation. Overnight accommodation will be provided by Center for the Arts Evergreen for those artists traveling more than 50 miles from Evergreen. Artists are invited to an Artist Reception in their honor on the Friday evening before the installation. Artists must also be present for the deinstallation in June 2025.
Selected artists will have the opportunity to provide up to 5 small pieces for display and sale in the CAE retail gift shop from June, 2024-June, 2025. Any sales of this work will result in a 60% commission to the artist. Sold work can be replenished in the gift shop throughout the year.
Calendar of Important Dates
|February 4, 2024||Deadline for receipt of entries (www.callforentry.org)|
|February 23, 2024||Juror selections announced and artists notified via email|
|April 1, 2024||Deadline for accepted artists’ contracts and all materials (artist’s statement, bio/resume, and photograph)|
|June 7, 2024||Accepted artwork delivered to Evergreen AND Artists’ Reception at Center for the Arts Evergreen|
|June 8, 2024||Artist breakfast AND installation of artwork in Evergreen|
|June 8, 2024-June 14, 2025||Sculpture Walk Exhibition Dates|
|First week of June, 2025||De-installation AND pick-up of unsold sculptures|
Your $35 entry fee allows you to upload 2 submissions. Even if you only wish to submit one submission for consideration, the CaFE system requires that you submit two images. If it is the case that you only wish to submit one image, you may upload a blank image for your second or simply duplicate the same image in your portfolio and apply both to your application. You may submit a third image for an additional $10 charge. ($45 total to submit 3 submissions.)
ENTERING THROUGH CAFE:
- Prepare your digital images before you apply through www.callforentry.org (3 per submission)
- Please ensure that the email address you have associated with your CaFE account is up to date.
- If entrants have not registered previously with CaFE, setting up a portfolio is free of charge
- Pay the non-refundable entry fee of $35 for 2 images or $45 for 3 images.
- Images submitted may be used for publicity and/or educational purposes
COMMUNICATIONS & NOTIFICATIONS
Correspondence and notifications with entrants will be done via email. Please make sure that your contact information is correct. If you do not have an email address, it is advised that you create one before you enter. For further inquiries, contact Sara Miller via email at Sara@evergreenarts.org.
Eligibility is open to all applicants that meet the following requirements.
- Open to all artists residing in the United States.
- Each artist may enter up to 3 sculptures for consideration. Please only submit images of finished original works that you would like to be considered for installation in the Sculpture Walk.
- All entries must be originals. No copies of another artist’s work or recognizable use of another’s copyrighted intellectual property will be accepted.
- Accepted work must be identical to the image submitted
- Artwork may not have been shown previously in the Evergreen Sculpture Walk or in any exhibition at Center for the Arts Evergreen.
- Sculptures must have a steel mounting plate for welding to a pedestal, have another suitable attachment method, or be of sufficient weight and durability that the sculpture can be safely and securely placed on the ground without toppling or being removed in an unauthorized fashion.
- Sculptures must be at least 4 feet tall to be eligible.
- Center for the Arts Evergreen has the right to use photos of your work for promotional purposes.
- Center for the Arts Evergreen will provide full insurance for all installed artwork.
- Sculptures must be for sale throughout the exhibition. See Sales note above for details.