Call Detail
9th Annual Juried Photography Show
Visit Organization Website
Contact Email:

Entry Deadline: 12/10/23
Application Closed

Entry Fee (SAGE Member Entry Fee): $15.00
Entry Fee (Entry Fee): $25.00
Media Fee(Media Fee): $5.00
SAGE Membership - 1 Year: $45.00
Work Sample Requirements
Images | Minimum:Min. 1, Maximum:Max. 10
Total Samples | Minimum:Min. 1, Maximum:Max. 10
Call Type: Photography
Eligibility: National
State: Wyoming
Jury Dates: 12/11/23 - 12/16/23

The 9th Annual National Juried Photography Show will not have a theme but celebrate the dynamic and diverse medium that is photography. 

Vision Through the Lens: A Celebration of Photographic Artistry” invites audiences to traverse the dynamic landscapes of human emotion, nature’s grandeur, and the intricate tapestry of daily life, all captured through the timeless medium of photography. 

This meticulously curated exhibition showcases the unparalleled ability of photography to freeze moments in time, offering viewers a unique lens through which to experience diverse perspectives, transient beauty, and the raw essence of existence. By engaging with works from photographers nationwide, the exhibition weaves a vibrant narrative that celebrates the rich diversity and shared experiences of our world. “Vision Through the Lens” promises not only a visual feast but also a profound exploration into the stories, moments, and emotions that shape our collective memory

Juror: Brittney Denham-Whisonant is a multidisciplinary artist, born in California and raised in Wyoming. She earned an MFA at The Ohio State University in 2012. Currently she is Assistant Professor of Photography and Printmaking, as well as Gallery Director of Edward Whitney Gallery at Sheridan College in Wyoming. Her work has been exhibited nationally, including most recently The Arrivals, at SAGE Gallery, American Memory, at UCROSS Gallery at the Ucross Foundation in Wyoming, Re/Structure, CANO Gallery, Oneonta, New York, Woman’s Work, Yellowstone Art Museum, Billings, Montana, and an upcoming exhibition at the Danforth Museum in Livingston, Montana. She was nominated for the USA Artist Fellowship in 2023 and received the Vermont Studio Center Windgate Fellowship in 2023.

9th Annual National Juried Photography Show Awards:

BEST OF SHOW - $1,000





Important Dates:

Sunday, December 10th | All submissions and Entry Fees due by 11:59pm
Saturday, December 16th | Artists will be notified via email if their work is selected
Tuesday, January 16th, 2024 | All selected photos must arrive at SAGE by 5:30pm
Tuesday, January 23th | Juried Show opens 
Thursday, February 1st | Awards Reception, 5:30pm-7:30pm
Saturday, March 2nd | Juried Show closes at 5:00pm
Tuesday, March 5th | Unsold work available for pick-up, unsold work ships
Saturday, March 9th | All unsold work must be picked up or arrangements made to ship work

Application Requirements

  • Non-Refundable Entry fee for SAGE Members:
    • $15 (For first photo entered)
  • Non-Refundable Entry fee for non-Members:
    • $25 (For first photo entered)
  • Each additional piece entered:
    • $5 per piece
    • (Non-refundable; may submit up to 9 additional photos)
  • Visit to view the homepage for this Juried Show and view this prospectus.
  • All entry into this show is done via Call for Entry (CaFÉ)
  • Both stages of jurying in this show will be done blindly (the juror will judge solely based on the image of the submitted photo without knowing the identity of the artist).
  • First round of jurying will be all online and requires no shipping of work.
  • 35-40 photos will be selected for the exhibition. The photographers will be notified by Dec. 16 and ship their accepted work to SAGE Community Arts by Jan 16.
  • Final round of jurying will be in person for the 35-40 pieces accepted.
  • Works to be included in the show will be chosen no later than Saturday, December 16th.
  • If your work is chosen, you will be notified via email.
  • All work accepted into the show must be for sale as part of the exhibition.
  • For any photo that is sold by an artist who is a Member of SAGE, SAGE will retain a 35% commission of the retail price, and the remaining 65% of the retail price will be remitted to the artist. For any work that is sold by an artist who is not a Member of SAGE, SAGE will retain a 40% commission of the retail price and the remaining 60% of the retail price will be remitted to the artist.
  • Do not drop off or ship any work to SAGE until you have been notified of your acceptance into the show.
  • You will be required to fill out and return a Loan Agreement Contract once your work has been selected in the show.
  • Loan Agreements can be returned via email to or included with your accepted photo(s) when they are delivered to SAGE.
  • Voting for People’s Choice will occur digitally using an online ballot. The juror will judge and announce the Best of Show to Third Prize winners of the show during the Artists’ Reception on Thursday, February 1st from 5:30pm-7:30pm. We encourage all selected artists to attend the reception if possible. The People's Choice Award winner will also be announced. If you are unable to attend and if you are selected as an award-winner, you will be notified on Friday, February 2nd of your award and prize.

Eligibility Criteria

Open to all artists residing in the US. All work must be original and created within the past five years and cannot have been included in a prior SAGE Juried Photography show. Artists may re-submit photos that were not juried into a previous Juried Show at SAGE.

Printed photos cannot exceed 36 inches in width (including any framing). Accepted photos must be exhibit-ready with proper hanging mechanism included (no saw-tooth hangers or clip-on frames will be accepted).